Review10Best compares the best baby monitors in Belgium and nominates the one by Philips as the best baby monitor. In our baby monitors review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different baby monitors and follow our recommendation on which baby monitor to buy in Belgium in 2019. With the baby monitor comparison, you can be sure to buy the best baby monitor on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate baby monitor buying guide
- View our baby monitor picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about baby monitors
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The best baby monitors are reliable and provide a peace of mind for every parent. However, with such a wide selection of products to choose from, finding the best baby monitor may be difficult, especially for first-time parents.
Check out this buying guide for all the info you need to get a great baby monitor:
What are baby monitors?
As the name suggests, a baby monitor is a device used to monitor the sounds or movement of a baby or infant. It works much the same as a walkie talkie, transmitting sounds via radio waves from a transmitter into a speaker. The transmitter is left near the baby, while the person monitoring them holds onto the receiver, with the speaker alerting them to noises such as crying or coughing. Some of the best baby monitors come with premium features such as two-way radio, video recording, and music playback.
Why should you buy a good baby monitor?
A good baby monitor may be necessary for many parents to monitor their baby or infant. For instance, if you are moving your child into a separate room from your own, then it’s handy to have a baby monitor to monitor them at night. This makes the best baby monitor invaluable to parents that are anxious about leaving their child to sleep alone, offering a peace of mind that makes them worth buying.
How to choose the right baby monitor?
Choosing the best baby monitor depends entirely on the needs of the parent. There are various things to look out for, so be sure to consider some of the following points before buying:
- Audio or Video: Baby monitors where traditionally audio only, but now many include video footage that sends a live feed (along with audio) of the baby directly to the receiver. The camera quality differs depending on the make and model, and it may cost more to invest in a video feature. While video isn’t essential, some parents prefer the ability to see their baby moving and breathing, so be sure to consider whether you want just audio or video and audio.
- Digital or DECT: The sound produced in each baby monitor differs depending on the type of audio monitor. For instance, most modern devices include a digital monitor for more clarity and better overall sound. A digitally enhanced cordless telecommunications (DECT) monitor is slightly different, using a microprocessor that prevents nursey sounds being picked up from nearby homes. It’s a handy feature but more expensive.
- Connectivity: Most of the best baby monitor devices are now wireless, making them much easier to use around the home. Wireless receivers allow parents to go all around the home and continue monitoring their baby, so it’s a feature certainly worth considering for larger homes.
- Alerts: It’s a good idea to invest in a baby monitor that alerts you to movements, especially if the baby requires more around the clock monitoring, such as premature babies that have recently made it home.
What is the best kind of baby monitor in Belgium?
There are a few types of baby monitor to choose from, any of which may be suitable for your needs:
- Audio Baby Monitor: The most widely available type of baby monitor uses audio to monitor the baby, with both digital and analog versions available, although the latter of these is less prominent than it once was. It works by transmitting any sounds made by the baby into the receiver, helping to monitor them as they sleep overnight or nap. Should the baby wake up, the parents know immediately thanks to the sound being picked up.
- Video Baby Montior: All video baby monitors feature the same functions as an audio tape, with the addition of a video camera. This allows parents to monitor the baby’s movements as well as their sounds, with a live feed being transmitted to a monitor screen on the receiver. Some even allow for live streaming to be accessed, meaning the video can be viewed from anywhere with an internet connection.
Top 10 list of baby monitors in Belgium (January 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their baby monitors rank and which baby monitor is the best.
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2020/01/24 19:16 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best baby monitors