Review10Best compares the best dog harnesses in Belgium and selects the one by rabbitgoo as the best dog harness. In a dog harness buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different dog harnesses and see a recommendation on which dog harness to buy in Belgium in 2021. By considering the top list of dog harnesses, you can find the best dog harnesses and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate dog harness buying guide
- View the dog harness picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Dog harnesses are quickly becoming a top alternative to dog collars. By offering a safer way to secure your dog, not to mention making them even more secure, than a dog collar, many people are opting to buy a harness for taking their dog out. However, it’s often difficult to know what the best dog harness is for a pet. There are many types of harnesses to choose from, so dog-owners will want to know what to look for to find the best dog harnesses.
Read this handy buying guide for all the info you need to buy the best dog harness for your pet.
What are dog harnesses?
A dog harness is a piece of equipment used to secure dogs to a dog leash. Unlike a collar that is worn around the neck of a dog, a dog harness is secured around the entire torso of the animal. There are various designs and variations, typically for specific sizes and breeds. Most dog harness brands market their products as an alternative to a dog collar.
Why should you buy a good dog harness?
The main reason to buy a dog harness is to use it as a replacement for a dog collar. This is because using a harness and leash when walking your dog is much safer for the animal, as collars may cause injury to the trachea or neck – or even both. As a harness goes around the body of a dog rather than its throat, there is no need to worry about yanking causing them damage, which can often be the case with a collar. The best dog harnesses will prevent any type of injury from occurring, making them very worthwhile in most cases. Another potential problem that a dog harness prevents is the dog escaping from their collar, as they are more secure and less likely to wriggle free.
How to choose the right dog harness?
Finding the best dog harness can be difficult given the huge range of products out there. Knowing what to look for in a harness will make finding the right one very easy, so here are some things to consider:
- Size: It goes without saying that you need to know the right size of dog harness for your pet, but many believe they can go on just a rough estimate. However, it’s best to measure the size of your dog to get their exact measurements. Otherwise, you run the risk of getting a harness that doesn’t quite fit.
- Materials: The best dog harness materials tend to be thick and fused together, allowing them to last so much longer than cheaper materials. Strength and durability are two very important attributes for a dog harness, and the better the materials the better these will be.
- Design: There are many great dog harness designs, any of which may be the better choice for your pet. For instance, a front-clip design will have the leash attachment closer to the center of a dog’s back, while a back-clip design connects closer to the shoulder or neck. Back-clip designs are often the better dog harness for smaller sized dogs, with front-clip types being more suited for larger dogs or those more prone to pulling and jumping.
What is the best kind of dog harness in Belgium?
With a massive range of dog harnesses to choose from, it’s important to go for a type that best suits you and your dog:
- Step-In Dog Harnesses: As the name suggests, the dog steps its front legs into the harness, with the design typically being a back-clip. This makes it a better choice of dog harness for smaller dogs and any that are trained not to pull or yank at their leash.
- Tightening Dog Harnesses: A harness that tightens around the shoulders when the dog begins to pull at the leash. This helps to prevent them from pulling hard, with a small yet painless amount of pressure applied to ensure they do not continue yanking.
- Dog Harness Vests: A dog harness vest covers most of the torso with material to keep them comfortable. It often comes in stylish designs for the more fashion-forward dog owner. The clip is almost always a back-clip so shouldn’t be too painful around the throat, although they aren’t the best dog harness for untrained pets.
Top 10 list of dog harnesses in Belgium (October 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their dog harnesses. Which dog harness is the best?
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best dog harnesses, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a dog harness test. Last Update: 2021/10/20.