Review10Best compares the best hoverboards in Belgium and nominates the one by RCB as the best hoverboard. In our hoverboards review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different hoverboards and follow our recommendation on which hoverboard to buy in Belgium in 2019. With the hoverboard comparison, you can be sure to buy the best hoverboard on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate hoverboard buying guide
- View our hoverboard picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about hoverboards
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Hoverboards burst into the public eye a few years ago, but as the initial hype has died down and the prices continue to fall, there has never been a better time to buy one than now. However, knowing what to look for in a hoverboard is easier said than done, as there is quite a lot of models out there to choose from.
Check out the buying guide below for how to choose the best hoverboards currently available:
What are hoverboards?
A hoverboard, officially called a self-balancing board, is a type of gadget used to move people around. Consisting of two motorised wheels that connect to a set of pads, the user stands on the pads, twisting them with their feet to move in a specific direction. Leaning forwards or backwards controls the speed of the hoverboard, and the device can pick up decent speeds when ridden.
Why should you buy a good hoverboard?
The best hoverboard devices offer endless hours of fun, making them a great buy for adults and children alike. They’re a great way to get you or your kids outdoors more often, while their easy usability makes them suitable for most ages, apart from very young children. Lightweight and compact, a good hoverboard can be taken virtually anywhere with ease, and you can be sure of having plenty of fun and excitement as you learn how to use it.
How to choose the right hoverboard?
Choosing a great hoverboard is much easier if you take the time to think about a few things prior to buying. Here’s a few considerations to make to help choose a good hoverboard:
- Wheel Size: Hoverboards generally come with three-wheel sizes, with 6.5-inch, 8-inch, and 10-inch wheels available. Smaller wheels make for a lighter hoverboard that will be easy to take on the go, although larger wheels tend to navigate over different terrains better. 10-inch wheels offer the most comfortable riding on any surface.
- Safety: One large issue with hoverboards is that cheaper models pose a fire hazard, with reports of them overheating and catching fire due to faulty batteries. To ensure your hoverboard is safe as possible, make sure you research the manufacturer, check for reviews, and try to avoid imported models from China.
- Battery: The best hoverboards have quality batteries that offer a good run time and recharge quickly. Basically, better the battery, the more distance you can travel on a single charge, so always look for quality lithium-ion batteries in a hoverboard.
- Speed: While speeds vary from each model, most hoverboards have a range of between 2 and 10mph. Some of the best hoverboards reach up to 12mph, which doesn’t seem like much but is pretty fast, so be sure to get a top speed that is safe to use yet still provides plenty of fun when riding.
What is the best kind of hoverboard in Belgium?
There are a few options when it comes to types of hoverboards that are currently available to buy.
- Self-Balancing Scooter: The two-wheel hoverboard that most are familiar with is known as a self-balancing scooter. They use two wheels and self-balancing technology to keep you upright and moving, being capable of moving forwards and backwards at various speeds.
- One-Wheel Hoverboard: A less common type of hoverboard, one-wheel hoverboards feature a single wheel with paddles on either side. It provides a motion similar to using a snowboard but can be used on various surfaces such as dirt, sand, and concrete. They require a bit more effort to learn, but are just as fun as their two-wheeled counterparts.
Top 10 list of hoverboards in Belgium (January 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their hoverboards rank and which hoverboard is the best.
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2020/01/27 07:28 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best hoverboards