Review10Best compares the best lawn mowers in Belgium and selects the one by Alpina as the best lawn mower. In a lawn mower buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different lawn mowers and see a recommendation on which lawn mower to buy in Belgium in 2022. By considering the top list of lawn mowers, you can find the best lawn mowers and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate lawn mower buying guide
- View the lawn mower picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
If you enjoy spending time outside in your garden, whether it's sitting back and relaxing or getting your hands dirty with a spot of gardening, it’s a great idea to invest in a good lawn mower – given that you have a lawn, of course!
There are countless options when it comes to buying a new lawn mower, and if you don’t know what to look for or what you require for your garden, it can make the process that bit harder. Let’s take a look at what makes a great lawn mower and some tips to help make buying the best lawn mower that bit easier.
What are lawn mowers?
A lawn mower is a machine that features a revolving blade used to cut grass to the desired height, leaving the lawn level when finished. Cutting heights can vary depending on the machine, with most mowers having adjustable cutting levels to achieve various heights.
While they can be manually operated, most lawn mowers are powered by a gas or electric motor to propel the cutting blade. They are either self-propelled by the engine or are pushed manually by the operator.
Why should you buy a good lawn mower?
Garden lawns require regular maintenance to ensure the grass does not overgrow and become unsightly, with a lawn mower being specifically designed for this task. So, if you want to enjoy a well-kept lawn that isn't wild and overgrown, you will need a lawn mower.
A mowed lawn is generally considered much more attractive than an overgrown one, so anyone that cares about the appearance of their garden should for the best lawn mower for the job to help keep the grass looking great.
How to choose the right lawn mower?
Selecting a lawn mower will depend on several factors. Before choosing the best lawn mower to buy, consider the following aspects:
- Lawn Size: If you have a smaller garden lawn then you will not need to invest in the most powerful lawn mowers available, as they are only required for larger lawns – smaller sized lawn mowers will be the best option for many lawns.
- Gas or Electric: You may not need to purchase a gas lawn mower if you have a small lawn; an electric powered mower with a smaller engine will be better suited, such as a hover or smaller-sized rotary lawn mower. Conversely, if you have a large-sized lawn, you may need a more powerful lawn mower that can quickly mow large areas with ease, in which case a gas lawn mower or a larger rotary lawn mower is a great idea.
- Overall Finish: For those seeking a neatly kept lawn that resembles a bowling green, a good choice would be a cylinder lawn mower, as it offers a more precise finish. If you are happy to leave the grass a little longer and more natural, a rotary or hover lawn mower should be good enough for the task, and you won’t need to go for the most powerful option of these types of lawn mowers.
- Handling: If you invest in a rotary lawn mower it may be more difficult to move than a hover lawn mower, so lighter lawn mowers such as these will be a great choice for anyone lacking the strength to move a heavier machine. Some feature self-propulsion where the engine helps to move the machine, making it easier for those that might struggle to move heavier lawn mowers, so this is a feature that could be better for certain buyers.
What is the best kind of lawn mower in Belgium?
There are a few lawn mower options to available to buy, some of which will be better suited depending on your lawn and how you want to maintain it. The best-selling lawn mowers include:
- Cylinder Lawn Mowers feature a selection of blades attached to the front of the machine that rotates against another blade fixed to the bottom. This means they are the best lawn mowers for neat, level finishes, so are great for those looking for a well-kept lawn. Available as electric, petrol, and hand-pushed.
- Rotary Lawn Mowers feature a horizontal blade at the base of the machine that can be adjusted to various heights to get the finish you want. A versatile model, they come in many sizes and are a great option for mowing most lawns, whether its small, large, slopped, long or short.
- Hover Lawn Mowers are a variation of rotary lawn mowers, with the key difference being they float on a cushion of air when being use; rotary models feature wheels instead. They are among the lightest types of lawn mowers and are very easy to operate, making them ideal for manoeuvring around curved borders and more difficult-to-reach areas.
- Gas Lawn Mowers are more robust, powerful machines, making them a great option for large lawns with longer grass.
- Electric Lawn Mowers tend to be cheaper and easier to operate making then a great choice for smaller gardens, but lack the same level of power when compared to gas.
Top 10 list of lawn mowers in Belgium (January 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their lawn mowers. Which lawn mower is the best?
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best lawn mowers, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a lawn mower test. Last Update: 2022/01/27.