Review10Best compares the best office chairs in Belgium and nominates the one by SONGMICS as the best office chair. In our office chairs review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different office chairs and follow our recommendation on which office chair to buy in Belgium in 2020. With the office chair comparison, you can be sure to buy the best office chair on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate office chair buying guide
- View our office chair picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about office chairs
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Used at both workplaces and homes, a good office chair is an essential piece of equipment for anyone spending long hours sitting at a desk, although not everyone understands just how important it is. Sitting at the best office chair possible is important for maintaining a healthy back, neck, and posture, while also keeping you comfortable enough to remain focused.
With countless designs and models out there, finding the best office chairs can certainly be daunting, especially if you are unsure of what features and functions you need most. Here’s everything you need to find the perfect office chair for your home or workplace:
What are office chairs?
An office chair is a type of chair intended for use at an office. Given the nature of modern office work, these chairs have been ergonomically designed to be used for sitting at a desk without causing any discomfort or long-term damage to your body. Common features of good office chairs include an adjustable height, a back and lumbar support, and the ability to swivel.
Why should you buy a good office chair?
Anyone sitting at a desk for long hours, be it for work or pleasure, should aim to have a great office chair as part of their setup. As most office work involves sitting in front of a computer for several hours, the body can become uncomfortable to such an extent that it’s impairing your long-term health and reducing your ability to work effectively. The best office chairs offer comfort and a range of features that allow the user to remain productive while avoiding problems such as neck, back and shoulder pains.
How to choose the right office chair?
To find the best office chair possible, there are a few important features to look for. Anything that doesn’t offer any of the following should be avoided, as they’re simply not worth your time or money:
- Adjustable Height: Thankfully most great office chairs have this feature, as its one of the most important. You need to be able to adjust the chair to the correct height, which should allow to position your feet flat on the ground.
- Adjustable Back: A good office chair should also have an adjustable back, as it allows the user to sit in any posture needed. For instance, if your upper back is beginning to ache, adjusting the back of the chair allows for the pressure to be relieved. This is very important as anyone with back aches from sitting in an office chair will not be getting much work done!
- Back Support: An office chair simply has to offer adequate back support, otherwise you may be facing aches, pains, and discomfort when trying to work: The lower and middle back requires proper support without impairing shoulder and arm movement. So an office chair with lumbar or any other type of back support is highly recommended. Anything that allows your back to form an s-shape is a suitable backrest!
- Armrests: An often-overlooked aspect of an office chair, adjustable armrests are quite important for anyone that will spend extended periods seated. This is because adjustable armrests allow you to move the armrests to help relieve stress to the wrists and shoulders. It’s also quite a handy feature for maintaining good posture, as armrests at the right height will prevent excessive slouching.
What is the best kind of office chair in Belgium?
There’s certainly no shortage of options when it comes to finding a good office chair, but given the diverse nature of office work, there are many different types to suit different needs. Consider the following types when choosing the best office chair:
- Ergonomic Office Chairs: The best office chair for long hours of work at a desk, ergonomic office chairs have all the features to prevent discomfort and long-term pains and aches to develop. For instance, ergonomic office chairs are completely adjustable, allowing each user to find the perfect seat height, back position, armrest height etc.
- Conference Office Chairs: A lot of office dealings involve conference meetings, leading to the development of conference office chairs. Similar to ergonomic chairs in design, they offer comfort and adjustability, while also being easy to maneuver. They tend to have a more stylish aesthetic.
- Mesh Office Chairs: Many office chairs mesh designs, with mesh materials used for the backrest and often for the seat as well. The main benefit of this type of office chair is how breathable it is, making it a great office chair for warm environments.
- Executive Office Chairs: Typically, the largest type of office chair. The executive chair features a much higher backrest, usually combined with a headrest for added comfort. Completely adjustable like ergonomic chairs, they often feature high-quality cushioning for added comfort, making them one of the best office chairs for long periods of sitting. However, they are on the costlier side, as they tend to be made from premium materials.
Top 10 list of office chairs in Belgium (February 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their office chairs rank and which office chair is the best.
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/02/21 19:33 o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best office chairs