Review10Best compares the best razors in Belgium and nominates the one from PHILIPS as the best razor. In our razors review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different razors and follow our recommendation on which razor to buy in Belgium in 2019. With the razor comparison, you can be sure to buy the best razor on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate razor buying guide
- View our razor picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to razors
- Watch recommended videos about razors
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Not all men look to buy the best razor available. For some, it’s just a case of buying the cheapest option out there, but this should never be the approach to take. Great razors produce a much better shaving experience, resulting in a smoother cut that lasts longer while avoiding irritations to the skin.
So, it’s always worth buying the best razors for shaving facial hair. Check out the guide below for everything you need to know to buy a good razor:
What are razors?
A razor is an instrument used to shave facial hair, although it can also be used to shave other areas of the body, too. Razors feature either a single blade or several blades placed closely together, with the quality of the blades depending on the manufacturer and the overall design of the razor. There are many types of razors available, from disposable razors to straight razors, allowing people to find the best razor for their shaving preferences.
Why should you buy a good razor?
Any person that wants to remove unwanted body hair needs a razor. However, not all people buy the best razors, which is never recommended as it will only make shaving more time consuming and the result isn’t guaranteed to look great. When buying a quality razor, shaving is much more comfortable and easier to do, while there is less chance of skin irritations or accidentally cutting yourself.
How to choose the right razor?
Choosing the best razors depends on your needs and shaving habits, so here are some things to look out for when buying a new razor:
- Speed of Shaving: People shaving daily or every few days tend to need a razor that gets the job quickly and efficiently. In most cases, the best razor for the job is a multi-blade cartridge razor with protective plastic casing and lubricated strips, as you can shave relatively quickly and enjoy a nice smooth cut. Straight razors require a much more slow and precise cut when shaving, so take much longer to use. This may not be suitable for people short on time, but if you shave infrequently without any time restraints, then there are more choices out there.
- Skin Sensitivity: If you have sensitive skin, then you want to buy a suitable razor to accommodate this. Multi-blade cartridge razors and disposable razors often remove too much skin for those with sensitive skin, which results in bumps and breakouts on the skin. In this case a straight razor with the right after shave is a better choice. However, many people with sensitive skin benefit from the lubricated strips on multi-blade cartridge razors, so it is down to the individual in many cases. Consider previous razors you use and how they affected your skin to help get a suitable product.
- Cost: The best razors offer a quality shave and no irritations, but they can often be expensive to replace. All razor blades dull over time, so depending on how much you shave, it’s important to think about the on-going costs. For instance, safety razors offer a quality shave and are generally easier to use than a straight-razor, and their blades are much cheaper to replace compared to a cartridge razor. Think about how much you might have to spend if you shave frequently, as the costs can rise quite a bit.
What is the best kind of razor in Belgium?
There are various razors available to buy, any of which may be ideal for your shaving needs:
- Disposable Razors: The best razors in terms of cost, they are cheap and work for a few shaves before being thrown out. You can buy large multipacks of disposable razors to save money, but the razor blades are usually low quality and dull very quickly, while their rigid design makes them less efficient.
- Cartridge Razors: These razors feature a disposable cartridge that can be easily replaced. The razor is much more flexible than disposable razors, allowing for better shaving either against or with the grain. In combination with a good shaving gel they are very safe to use, while cartridges are available with multi-blades for an even more effective shaving.
- Safety Razor: An older design of razor that features a single stainless-steel razor blade inside a metal body. Only the edge of the blade touches the skin, making it safer than a straight-razor. It offers a quality cut, and the single blade is quite cheap to replace, although they are generally much more difficult to shave with.
- Straight-Razor: Famously known as cut-throat razors for obvious reasons, this old school razor remains popular today, thanks in no part to their effectiveness. It features a single blade that is very sharp and folds into the handle, which is typically made of wood, metal, or even bone. They offer the best shave but are also very difficult to master, with the razor blade capable of cutting deep into the skin without proper care.
Top 10 list of razors in Belgium (April 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their razors rank and which razor is the best.
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/04/24 01:59 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Other reviews related to razors
Recommended Video about the best razors