Review10Best compares the best angle grinders in Canada and nominates the one by Dewalt as the best angle grinder. In our angle grinders review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different angle grinders and follow our recommendation on which angle grinder to buy in Canada in 2020. With the angle grinder comparison, you can be sure to buy the best angle grinder on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate angle grinder buying guide
- View our angle grinder picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about angle grinders
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
If you enjoy DIY projects, buying the best angle grinder is a great investment. A versatile tool suitable for various tasks like cutting and grinding, and sanding, angle grinders make many DIY tasks quicker and easier. However, finding a good angle grinder can be difficult if you are unfamiliar with the power tool, so it helps to know what look for and what you might need from it.
Check out the buying guide below for all the tips and info you need to find the best angle grinders for your home projects:
What are angle grinders?
An angle grinder is a handheld power tool used predominately for cutting, grinding, and sanding materials. It can be powered by different sources, with electric, petrol, and compressed air angle grinders offering varying degrees of power.
Why should you buy a good angle grinder?
The best angle grinders come with a wide selection of cutters and attachments, allowing you to complete your DIY tasks with ease. Depending on the angle grinder, you can use it on all kinds of materials like woods, metals, plastics, and ceramics, so it’s a versatile tool for completing various DIY tasks.
How to choose the right angle grinder?
Here are some things to consider when looking for the best angle grinder:
- Disc Size: Larger discs are suitable for cutting thicker materials, so angle grinders with bigger discs are usually more powerful, with 9'' diameters being popular for this. However, a smaller disc size is better for precise cutting and grinding, so if precision is needed look for a disc size of around 4''. Bear in mind smaller discs don’t cut as deep though.
- Power: Most angle grinders measure power in wattage, so the higher this is the better it is for cutting thick materials like steel or concrete, while you will want more power when using the tool for long periods. If it's just for odd jobs around the house, don’t worry about getting the most powerful grinder.
- Safety Features: Like any power tool, operating an angle grinder comes with some safety risks, so always check what safety features are included to reduce the chances of an accident. For example, restart protection prevents it accidentally restarting if the power cuts and you mus first change the battery or plug it back in. Kickback protection prevents a kickback, which can occur if the disc gets jammed into a material. Some higher-end models even come with drop protection that automatically stops the tool when it’s dropped.
What is the best kind of angle grinder in Canada?
The most common types of angle grinders are listed in the following, each having certain pros and cons:
- Electric Angle Grinders: This type is the most popular, coming in various powers that make them suitable for DIY and professional work alike. Movement is somewhat restricted by the power cable though, so if you need more manoeuvrability then a battery-operated grinder may be better.
- Pneumatic Angle Grinders: The pneumatic variant is powered by compressed air, making lighter and easier to operate than an electric grinder. It’s suitable for moist environments due to the lack of mains power, while it starts and stops much quicker than electric models.
- Petrol Angle Grinders: The most powerful type of angle grinder, it’s powered by a petrol engine and can cut through very thick materials like concrete, pavers, and asphalt. They require more maintenance, however. Note, that they are usually too powerful for softer materials, so not really suited for most home projects.
Top 10 list of angle grinders in Canada (July 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their angle grinders rank and which angle grinder is the best.
- Paddle switch with safety lock-off prevents accidental start up
- Quick-Change ™ Wheel Release allows tool free wheel removal
- One-Touch Guard allows for 360 degree rotation of the guard with a single action
- DURABLE: The 1375A angle grinder features an epoxy-coated design to protect the tool…
- CONVENIENT: The angle grinder also features Bosch’s Service Minder Brush System…
- COMFORT: The 1375A offers a two-position side auxiliary handle specifically designed…
- Warranty: Backed By Dewalt 3 Year Limited Warranty
- Blade Brake: Brake Engaged When Paddle Switch Is Released, Bringing The Wheel Quickly…
- No Load Speed: Max 9, 000 Rpms
- Compact and lightweight at 4.0 lbs for greater control and maneuverability, especially…
- Removable, forward-canted side handle for improved control and comfort for right…
- 6.2 Amp motor with 980W of max output power for though grinding jobs
- Paddle switch design with no lock-on for added user preference
- Refined design at only 4.2 Lbs. For reduced operator fatigue
- Labyrinth construction seals and protects the motor and bearings from dust and debris…
- Vibration-reducing handle with wrench storage
- Compact grip design for comfort and control
- Heavy duty metal gear housing for added ruggedness and durability
- Compatible with the VERSATRACK Wall Organization System. Hook and accessories sold…
- Contoured overmolded handle for added comfort during use
- 3position handle allows for control in different applications
- Spindle lock for easy accessory changes
- 3 Position side handle provides added comfort and control
- Metal gear case for durability and longer life
- Burst-protection guard – provides quick adjustments for user security
- Directed air flow – diverts dust from vital components for durability
- Two-position side handle – allows for greater control and utility
- 5/8-in-11 spindle thread accepts a wide range of 4-1/2-in accessories
- Quick-Change Wheel Release allows tool free wheel removal without need for a wre…
- Low profile, jam-pot gear case increases durability and allows tool to fit into tight…
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/07/05 05:18. o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best angle grinders