Review10Best looks at the best bike rack for cars in Canada and selects the one by Allen Sports as the best bike rack for cars. In a bike rack for cars buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different bike rack for cars and see a recommendation on which bike rack for cars to buy in Canada in 2020. By considering the top list of bike rack for cars, you can find the best bike rack for cars and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate bike rack for cars buying guide
- View the bike rack for cars picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about bike rack for cars
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
If you love cycling then buying a good bike rack for your car is a great idea. This lets you travel further distances for your cycling adventures, making it easier to visit incredible cycling trails that you would otherwise miss out on.
However, finding the best bike rack for cars is difficult for first-time buyers, as there are a few considerations that must be made to ensure you get the right rack for your needs. To help with this, we have created a handy buying guide that covers all the information you need to know to find the best bike rack for your car!
What are bike rack for cars?
A bike rack for a car is a type of bike carrier that is attached to the exterior of a vehicle for easier transportation. There are a few designs available, with each one attaching the bike to a different position in the vehicle, and they all make transporting your bike by car much easier.
Why should you buy a good bike rack for cars?
Anyone that loves cycling may be limited to how far they can travel to ride their bike. With a good bike rack for a car, you can easily attach the bike to the outside of the vehicle for effortless transportation. This lets you take your bike further afield for all kinds of enjoyable cycling adventures, whether it’s down to a nearby park or travelling long-distance for a weekend of cycling.
How to choose the right bike rack for cars?
It is important to choose a quality bike rack for your car, so here are some things to consider that will help choose the right one for your needs:
- Capacity: Think about how many bikes you need to transport using the rack, as some have a higher capacity than others. For example, a tow bar mounted rack holds up to four bikes, roof mounts between two and four (depending on vehicle size), and most rear-mounted racks only hold two to three. always know how many bikes you are travelling with to make sure you get something suitable.
- Weight: Bike racks come with certain weight capacities, so you need to determine the weight of your bikes, then choose a rack that can hold this weight. Choose something that can’t bear the load and the rack is likely to break, which is something you’d want to avoid when driving! Tow bar bike racks usually hold the highest weights.
- Tyre Width: Certain bikes, such as a mountain and electric bikes, come with wider wheels than a standard road bike, meaning they may not fit every rack on the market. So, it helps to measure tyre width to ensure you choose a rack that has enough space to fit the wheels, especially if it is a mountain bike.
What is the best kind of bike rack for cars in Canada?
Here are the best-selling bike racks that are currently available:
- Roof Mounted Bike Racks: This type of rack is mounted to the roof bars on top of a car, so make sure your vehicle has roof bars. Larger vehicles can hold up to four bikes while smaller cars hold two to three, and the fact they stay on the roof means you have easy access to the boot and the rear-view isn’t impaired.
- Rear Mounted Bike Racks: The most affordable type of bike rack for a car, rear-mounted racks usually have a smaller capacity of between two to three bikes, while they are very easy to attach to the car. However, it needs to be specific to your vehicle, so make sure to check this when looking for rear-mounted racks.
- Tow Bar Mounted Bike Racks: This type of bike rack attaches to a tow bar and trails behind your vehicle. It carries up to four bikes and has a great weight capacity, while the position behind the car means it’s more fuel-efficient than having the bikes on the roof or rear of the car. Accessing the bikes is quick and easy with this rack, as they can be easily lifted out.
Top 10 list of bike rack for cars in Canada (October 2020)
This top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their bike rack for cars rank and which bike rack for cars is the best.
- Padded lower frame protects vehicle, and left and right side straps for lateral…
- Fully assembled, Installs in seconds
- Individual tie-downs secure and protect bicycles
- Made in the U. S. A
- Strong & Durable; carries up to 2 bikes, 35 lb. each. No assembly required
- Rack folds quickly and easily for compact, easy storage
- : Fat Bike Wheel Trays (64674), 1/2" Locking Hitch Pin (64029) and 1/2"…
- : Easily transports up to 2 bikes and is compatible with a Class 2 or higher, 1-1/4"…
- : Rack folds easily so that you can conveniently store when you are done using…
- Comes fully assembled, set up and installs in seconds
- Ships in certified frustration-free packaging
- Padded lower frame keeps bicycles away from vehicle
- Anti-Wobble devise included
- 2” Receiver Compatible
- Durable Rubber Straps
- WORRY FREE SECURITY: With tie down straps for wheels & locking feature included…
- SLEEK DESIGN: The minimalistic & sleek design looks great on any vehicle It is…
- VERSATILE: This rack fits square, round and oval bars up to 3" wide and multiple…
- VERSATILE: Easily transports up to 2 bikes and is compatible with 1-1/4" and…
- DRIVE AT EASE: Have peace of mind knowing that the adjustable locking hooks are securing…
- SAVES YOU STORAGE SPACE: Rack folds easily in compact mode so that you can conveniently…
- Load capacity: 132 lbs (44 lbs per Bike)
- No tools required for Installation
- Bike rack folds when not in use for convenient storage
- Sturdy steel construction with a weight limit of up to 35lbs per bike. Minor assembly…
- Convenient and compact design, folds easily for storage when not in use
- Tie down cradles and straps take great care in individually securing your bicycles…
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a bike rack for cars test. Last Update 2020/10/19 17:48 o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best bike rack for cars