Review10Best compares the best bike rack for cars in Canada and nominates the one by Swagman as the best bike rack for cars. In our bike rack for cars review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different bike rack for cars and follow our recommendation on which bike rack for cars to buy in Canada in 2020. With the bike rack for cars comparison, you can be sure to buy the best bike rack for cars on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate bike rack for cars buying guide
- View our bike rack for cars picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about bike rack for cars
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
If you love cycling then buying a good bike rack for your car is a great idea. This lets you travel further distances for your cycling adventures, making it easier to visit incredible cycling trails that you would otherwise miss out on.
However, finding the best bike rack for cars is difficult for first-time buyers, as there are a few considerations that must be made to ensure you get the right rack for your needs. To help with this, we have created a handy buying guide that covers all the information you need to know to find the best bike rack for your car!
What are bike rack for cars?
A bike rack for a car is a type of bike carrier that is attached to the exterior of a vehicle for easier transportation. There are a few designs available, with each one attaching the bike to a different position in the vehicle, and they all make transporting your bike by car much easier.
Why should you buy a good bike rack for cars?
Anyone that loves cycling may be limited to how far they can travel to ride their bike. With a good bike rack for a car, you can easily attach the bike to the outside of the vehicle for effortless transportation. This lets you take your bike further afield for all kinds of enjoyable cycling adventures, whether it’s down to a nearby park or travelling long-distance for a weekend of cycling.
How to choose the right bike rack for cars?
It is important to choose a quality bike rack for your car, so here are some things to consider that will help choose the right one for your needs:
- Capacity: Think about how many bikes you need to transport using the rack, as some have a higher capacity than others. For example, a tow bar mounted rack holds up to four bikes, roof mounts between two and four (depending on vehicle size), and most rear-mounted racks only hold two to three. always know how many bikes you are travelling with to make sure you get something suitable.
- Weight: Bike racks come with certain weight capacities, so you need to determine the weight of your bikes, then choose a rack that can hold this weight. Choose something that can’t bear the load and the rack is likely to break, which is something you’d want to avoid when driving! Tow bar bike racks usually hold the highest weights.
- Tyre Width: Certain bikes, such as a mountain and electric bikes, come with wider wheels than a standard road bike, meaning they may not fit every rack on the market. So, it helps to measure tyre width to ensure you choose a rack that has enough space to fit the wheels, especially if it is a mountain bike.
What is the best kind of bike rack for cars in Canada?
Here are the best-selling bike racks that are currently available:
- Roof Mounted Bike Racks: This type of rack is mounted to the roof bars on top of a car, so make sure your vehicle has roof bars. Larger vehicles can hold up to four bikes while smaller cars hold two to three, and the fact they stay on the roof means you have easy access to the boot and the rear-view isn’t impaired.
- Rear Mounted Bike Racks: The most affordable type of bike rack for a car, rear-mounted racks usually have a smaller capacity of between two to three bikes, while they are very easy to attach to the car. However, it needs to be specific to your vehicle, so make sure to check this when looking for rear-mounted racks.
- Tow Bar Mounted Bike Racks: This type of bike rack attaches to a tow bar and trails behind your vehicle. It carries up to four bikes and has a great weight capacity, while the position behind the car means it’s more fuel-efficient than having the bikes on the roof or rear of the car. Accessing the bikes is quick and easy with this rack, as they can be easily lifted out.
Top 10 list of bike rack for cars in Canada (July 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their bike rack for cars rank and which bike rack for cars is the best.
- ACCESSORIES SOLD SEPERATELY: 1/2" Locking Hitch Pin (64029) and Locking Hitch…
- VERSATILE: A great solution for carrying 1 or 2 bikes with the secure mounting capabilities…
- CONVENIENT: Bike rack tilts down to allow access to rear of vehicle effortlessly.…
- WORRY FREE SECURITY: With tie down straps for wheels & locking feature included…
- SLEEK DESIGN: The minimalistic & sleek design looks great on any vehicle It is…
- VERSATILE: This rack fits square, round and oval bars up to 3" wide and multiple…
- Folds against wall when not in use
- Stores bikes when not in use
- 1-1/4" and 2" receiver style bike racks
- Constructed from heavy duty steel powder coated in black, providing protection against…
- Folding arms and rack allow easy access to rear of vehicle.
- Adjustable cradles with rubberized pads to protect the finish on your bikes.
- Come standard with a locking knob for added security
- Cradles rotate to allow bikes to be carried with the wheels level to the ground and…
- Requires little to no assembly
- EASY TO STORE: The dual arms provide maximum bike stability and fold down easily,…
- SECURE AND VERSATILE BIKE PROTECTION: The anti-sway rotating cradles with rubber…
- EASILY ACCESS REAR-CARGO: Remove pin to release the bike rack forward for easy rear…
- Safety locks - safe locking mechanism prevents accidental release. No one wants to…
- Indoor use - for indoor ceilings up to 12 ft. High. You will free up so much floor…
- Robust engineering - allows you to lift heavy products, up to 125lb. Capacity. This…
- Powder coated to resist corrosion
- 4 wheel brackets and 2 tie down straps included
- Adapts Cargo Caddy (CC-100) into a 2 bike carrier
- Durable powder coat finish
- Threads tighten for an anti-wobble base
- Support strap included
- Fits Class III and IV standard 2" hitch receivers. 80 lbs Maximum Capacity or…
- Bike tire cradles can be adjusted along horizontal bars using quick knobs for convenience…
- Vertical post can be quickly removed for compact storage
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/07/05 07:27 o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best bike rack for cars