Review10Best compares the best epilators in Canada and nominates the one by Braun as the best epilator. In our epilators review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different epilators and follow our recommendation on which epilator to buy in Canada in 2020. With the epilator comparison, you can be sure to buy the best epilator on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate epilator buying guide
- View our epilator picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about epilators
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The best epilators are amongst the most efficient at hair removal, leaving your skin supple and hair-free without any irritations. However, choosing the right epilator can be difficult for first-time buyers, as it’s not always obvious what you need to look in the device.
To help with the buying process, check out this handy guide that has all the info you need to choose the best epilator.
What are epilators?
An epilator is a device to remove hair from the body. It consists of several rotating tweezers powered by a motor that opens and closes as you move the epilator around the body, grabbing and removing hairs as it goes.
Commonly used by women as part of their personal grooming routine, a good epilator is much more efficient at removing hair compared to shaving, working similarly to waxing but without any of the pain!
Why should you buy a good epilator?
The best epilator models make hair removal quick, easy, and pain-free. Unlike traditional razors that simply remove part of the hair follicle, an epilator grabs and plucks out the entire hair, resulting in smooth and hair-free skin. It can be used throughout the body, including on legs, arms, underarms and the bikini area, making it a very convenient and affordable alternative to waxing.
How to choose the right epilator?
Choosing the best epilator can be challenging if you are unsure about what you need, so here are some things to consider:
- Wet or Dry: Most epilators are used on dry skin although there are products that can be used on wet skin too. Dry epilators are more affordable and work just as well as wet epilators, although many find the latter much more comfortable to use as the warm water relaxes the skin for less painful hair removal, while they can also be used in the shower or bath for added convenience.
- Corded or Battery: There are many cheap epilators that are battery-operated, which are great for first-time buyers as it gives the chance to try epilation without paying too much. However, these aren’t the cheapest to run over the long term, so if you like using it then upgrading to a rechargeable battery or corded model is a good idea.
- Area of Use: Most epilator products are designed for removing arm and leg hair but many can be used on the face, underarms, and bikini area. However, it’s usually a good idea to choose epilators for specific body parts due to the skin being sensitive in different areas. For example, an epilator for legs and arms shouldn’t be used on the face as the skin is much more sensitive. If using on the face, always look for a smaller epilator, preferably one specifically designed to remove facial hair.
What is the best kind of epilator in Canada?
Here are the main types of epilators available to buy:
- Spring Epilators: Spring epilators where the first type available and are still available today. It features a spring coil that opens and closes as the epilator moves, grabbing and removing hairs in the process. While very popular initially, not many are available today.
- Rotating Disc Epilators: Works like a spring epilator but with the metal coils now replaced by several plastic discs, which are stronger and more durable.
- Tweezer-Head Epilators: Most popular epilators are tweezer types, consisting of several tweezer heads attached to a rotating plate that open and close as the device moves, grabbing and plucking away hairs in the process.
Top 10 list of epilators in Canada (July 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their epilators rank and which epilator is the best.
- 12V adapter
- Includes shaver head and trimmer cap
- Bonus bikini trimmer
- 7 extras; including facial cap, skin contact cap, shaver head, trimmer cap, pouch,…
- Cordless wet & dry epilator, use in the bath or shower for gentle epilation
- Braun Silk-epil epilators remove 4x shorter hair than wax for long-lasting smoot…
- Sleek compact count shapely; removable head for easy cleaning
- 40 tweezers removes hair from the root
- 2 speed settings for ultimate control
- 2 speed settings let's you choose what's best for your individual skin type and personal…
- With 3 extras: shaver head, trimmer cap and massage cap
- The 20-tweezer system removes hairs at the root for weeks of smooth skin
- Mini Portable mini size Our battery-operated design epilator offers great convenience…
- Bright LED light The lighting LED light is built into our electric shaver, turns…
- Precise & well thought-out Floating cutting head and double-sided shaving heads…
- Washable epilation head for optimal hygiene
- Ergonomic grip for comfortable handling
- Two speed setting allow for maximum performance
- Rechargeable device - includes 3 extras; bronze cap, stand, pouch
- Microvibration toning head for enhanced skin appearance
- Facial cleansing brush for purified skin, cleanses 6x more effectively than manual…
- Efficient: adapts to every contour for an efficient epilation, even in difficult…
- Less pain: high frequency massage cap with Pulsating active vibrations to reduce…
- Smooth skin: shave, trim & epilator for long-lasting smooth skin
- 12 Months Warranty -- If you are unhappy about the ANLAN painless eyebrow epilator…
- Easy Cleaning & Waterproof -- This is a wet and dry eyebrow trimmer for women.…
- Built-in LED Light & Portable -- Built-in soft LED light, so that you can use…
- Economical and Time savingSay goodbye to the expensive and time-consuming hair removal…
- Five Adjustable Energy LevelsUUPAS permanent hair removal device has 5 different…
- 999, 999 Flashes, 2 Flash ModesUUPAS permanent laser hair removal with 999, 999 flashes…
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/07/05 15:18 o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best epilators