Review10Best compares the best floor jacks in Canada and nominates the one by PERFORMANCE TOOL as the best floor jack. In our floor jacks review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different floor jacks and follow our recommendation on which floor jack to buy in Canada in 2020. With the floor jack comparison, you can be sure to buy the best floor jack on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate floor jack buying guide
- View our floor jack picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about floor jacks
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
When it comes to vehicle maintenance, you’ll want the best floor jack available for added safety and convenience. However, choosing a good floor jack can be difficult if you are unsure of what to look for, which is where this handy buying guide is here to help! You’ll find all the info you need to know about floor jacks and how to find the best garage jack for your needs.
What are floor jacks?
A floor jack, commonly called a car jack or garage jack, is a mechanical device used to lift vehicles from the ground. Jacks are designed to lift massive weights of vehicles to provide access below for maintenance, repairs or modifications, usually coming with a maximum rate weighting ranging from one to several tons.
Why should you buy a good floor jack?
While a floor jack is usually associated with car mechanics, you don’t need to be a professional to find use from these handy devices. For instance, if you are a car enthusiast that likes to tinker and modify their vehicle, then a great floor jack will serve you well, making it quick and effortless to get access beneath the car.
Perhaps the most common reason to buy a floor jack is in case you get a flat car tyre. Jacks are useful for changing tyres as you can quickly raise the vehicle from the ground, saving a lot of time and effort when changing a tyre outside.
How to choose the right floor jack?
If you aren’t sure what to look for in a garage jack, think about some of the following factors to help you find the best floor jacks:
- Weight Capacity: Car jacks come with a maximum weight capacity that indicates how heavy a vehicle they can lift. So, you want to work out how heavy your car is (it’s easy to find online or in the user manual) and then choose a jack with a suitable weight capacity. Most vehicles fall under the 2 tons range, with SUVs, trucks, and larger vehicles usually weighing upwards of 3 tons.
- Height Capacity: As the floor jack must slide under the vehicle and then lift it upwards, you need to consider the maximum and minimum weight capacities to ensure its suitable for your vehicle. Check your car’s ground clearance (i.e. the base of the tyre to the base of the vehicle) and make sure the minimum height can fit this while checking that the maximum height gives enough free space to work when the car is lifted.
- Portability: Floor jacks can be very heavy, although this isn’t much of an issue if you’re using it exclusively in your garage, in which case it’s a good idea to get one with a set of wheels for easier manoeuvrability. If you’re storing it in the car to change tyre, then a lightweight and more portable model is recommended.
What is the best kind of floor jack in Canada?
Here are the two main types of floor jacks that you can buy:
- Single Pump Floor Jack: Most floor jacks are of this kind. Single pump means that one pump is used to increase the oil pressure and provide the car jack with the lifting motion. It’s the most affordable jack but does require some effort to pump the jack.
- Double Pump Floor Jack: Includes two pumps to make the pumping action faster and less strenuous, albeit more expensive, too.
Top 10 list of floor jacks in Canada (July 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their floor jacks rank and which floor jack is the best.
- Over load protection bypass valve for safety
- Great for cars and light duty trucks.
- Durable flanged steel frame.
- Meets ASME PALD standards
- Integrated overload protection valve prevents the lifting of items in excess of…
- Positive locking safety release handle for exceptional safety during use
- Dual return springs
- Dual piston for faster lift action than single pump system
- Built-in safety overload system prevents use beyond its rated capacity
- Includes a plastic blow mold carrying case for easy storage when not in use; Includes…
- Equipped with (2) large steel casters and (2) 360-degree swivel casters for smooth…
- Safety bypass system prevents over-loading and ensures safe operation
- Heavy duty steel construction provides long term durability
- Built-in safety valve provides overload protection
- Patented bypass device protects against over pumping for safe operations
- Features a built-in safety overload system prevents use beyond load capacity; Includes…
- Foam bumper on the handle helps protect your vehicle from damage; Convenient side…
- Lifting range from 3-1/2" to 14-1/8" allows you can gain easy access under…
- 2 ton/4000 lbs. capacity
- The perfect jack for the auto enthusiast that works on classic cars and/or modified…
- Great for unibody vehicles where jack stand positioning is difficult
- Foam handle provides comfort to the user while pumping
- Rolled side frame adds strength to reduce twisting; professional grade
- Magnetic tool tray keeps the small parts around the job site for convenience
- Note: The hydraulic jack is designed to lift, not to support the object. Immediately…
- Great for working in the garage and other outdoor activities such as picnics or ball…
- Rugged universal joint for precise load control
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/07/05 14:48 o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best floor jacks