Review10Best compares the best heat protection sprays in Canada and nominates the one by TRESemme as the best heat protection spray. In our heat protection sprays review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different heat protection sprays and follow our recommendation on which heat protection spray to buy in Canada in 2020. With the heat protection spray comparison, you can be sure to buy the best heat protection spray on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate heat protection spray buying guide
- View our heat protection spray picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about heat protection sprays
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Finding the best heat protection sprays can be difficult for first-time buyers. Like any hair care product, there are many things to consider so that you find a product suitable for your requirements, with different things like your hair type and condition to think about. So, to help with the buying process we’ve created a handy buying guide for heat protection spray. It covers all the useful information you need to know about the product, along with some things to look out for when buying a suitable product.
What are heat protection sprays?
As the name suggests, heat protection spray, also called heat protectant, is a hair care product designed to protect hair from heat damage when styling it with a straightener or hairdryer. Because these devices expose hair to excessive heat, it can lead to lost moisture that results in dry and damaged hair, so by applying a good heat protection spray you can reduce this problem.
Why should you buy a good heat protection spray?
If you style your hair with a hairdryer or hair straightener, then it’s highly recommended that you use the best heat protection spray for your hair. This product helps to reduce moisture loss when exposing hair to heat, helping to avoid dry and brittle hair that is prone to breaking. Given that many people dry and straighten their hairy, often daily, then a good hair protection spray will provide optimal protection to leave hair looking and feeling healthy.
Furthermore, too much exposure to sunlight can have similar damaging effects on hair, with heat protection spray acting like a sunscreen for your hair!
How to choose the right heat protection spray?
Buying a haircare product like heat protection spray can be challenging when there are so many options to choose from. Here are a few things to consider when looking for the best heat protectant:
- Ingredients: Always check the ingredients of a heat protection spray to ensure there is nothing too harsh for your hair, such as alcohols, while you should always look for silicone as one of the ingredients. Silicones like Cyclomethicone and Dimethicone offer the most protection against lost moisture, so they should be top of your ingredient list. Also, look out for keratin, which is a protein that protects and strengthens hair through increased moisture retention.
- Hair Type: As with any hair care product, you should choose a heat protection spray that is suitable for your hair type. Certain hair types benefit from specific ingredients, so you should always consider this before buying. For example, thick hair often requires more time to dry or straighten, meaning it is exposed to more heat so is more susceptible to damage, so protectants for thick and curly hair tend to come with ingredients for added protection.
- Styling Tool: While most heat protection sprays work with hairdryers and hair straighteners, you may want to buy separate products that accommodate each styling tool. For instance, hair straighteners expose hair to higher temperatures, while hairdryers tend to cause more frizzing, so separate products can target each of these more efficiently.
What is the best kind of heat protection spray in Canada?
There are many types of heat protection sprays, with most being categorised by the hair types. This includes:
- Thin or Damaged Hair: These products provide additional protection to avoid breakages, with thin and damaged hair being more prone to this when exposed to heat, along with added proteins to help strengthen hair.
- Thick or Curly Hair: Thick and curly hair requires more exposure to heat when styling, so these sprays feature ingredients that offer stronger barriers for added protection. They also help to manage frizz and waves when styling, leaving it smooth and silky rather than dry and frizzy.
- Dry Hair: Hair that is naturally dry will become severely dehydrated when exposed to high heats, with dry hair sprays providing extra moisturising effects to leave hair feeling softer and sleeker.
Top 10 list of heat protection sprays in Canada (July 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their heat protection sprays rank and which heat protection spray is the best.
- Our hair heat protector works with the rest of the Thermal Creations line
- TRESemmé Heat Tamer Hair Spray helps you make sure that your hair not only…
- It transforms hair textures for enhanced flexibility, shine and softness —…
- Restores and revitalizes hair for a runway-ready shine
- Contains the TRESemme Pro-Repair Complex, and visibly repairs hair from chemical,…
- When used just once every seven days, this weekly treatment leaves your hair ready…
- 8.5 oz Iron Guard
- It is recommended for casual wear.
- Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray was launched by the design house of CHI
- Anti-frizz Spray For All Heat Tools
- Lightweight Heat Protectant Spray
- Calms Frizz, Seals in Shine
- Helps repair and seal the hair surface
- Thermal protection up to 450 degrees Farenheight
- Reduces breakage by up to 99% vs. Untreated hair
- "I lock in smoothness with a straightening iron to add longevity to straight…
- Creates straighter hair for up to 3 days, or until your next shampoo if less than…
- Spray throughout towel-dried or wet, not dry hair. Start with 7-15 sprays. Comb to…
- An excellent working spray
- Spray on enhanced shine
- For all hair types
- Helps straighten hair
- Adds shine and moisture
- Shields hair from heat damage
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/07/05 04:15. o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best heat protection sprays