Review10Best looks at the best rust converters in Canada and selects the one by FDC as the best rust converter. In a rust converter buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different rust converters and see a recommendation on which rust converter to buy in Canada in 2020. By considering the top list of rust converters, you can find the best rust converters and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate rust converter buying guide
- View the rust converter picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about rust converters
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The best rust converter makes rust removal quick and easy, yet knowing what product is most suitable for your needs can be challenging. Rust converter is not suitable for all forms of rust removal, so it is important to know when it can be used and what products work best for your situation. To help find the best rust converters, check out the below buying guide. It covers all the useful information you need to know about rust converters and how to choose the right one for any situation.
What are rust converters?
A rust converter is a liquid used to remove the rust that has accumulated on various objects. The liquid is applied to the sulfurase of a rusted object, which then converts rust from iron oxide to ferric phosphate. While it can be applied to all kinds of things, the most common use of rust converter is to remove rust from corroded components in a vehicle that can impact its performance and longevity.
Why should you buy a good rust converter?
A great rust converter is an incredibly useful product for all kinds of things. Most use it to remove rust from parts of their vehicle although it can be used on various day to day objects like fences, gates, gardening equipment, tools, and pretty much anything covered in rust. The process is fast and efficient, with a single coating of the converter all that is needed to remove the rust. This is much easier compared to sanding or blasting the rust away, which is labour intensive and time-consuming, making rust converter a fantastic investment for most rust-related problems.
How to choose the right rust converter?
Here are some things to look for in a good rust converter:
- Application: A rust converter is a liquid solution that can be either sprayed or brushed onto the surface, with many finding that a spray solution is easier to apply evenly across larger surfaces. Make sure to check how you apply the converter so that you can buy suitable applicators for the task. Also, double-check to see whether the solution needs to be mixed with water, as this can be tricky to get right, so you may want to go with a premixed solution that is ready to use.
- Drying Time: It helps to check the drying time of a rust converter, especially when using on a vehicle, otherwise, it may cause some inconvenience. For example, if you are treating engine components in your car, you will want a quicker drying time so you don’t go too long without your car. Drying times range from under an hour to upwards of 24 hours, so always check before you buy.
- Cleaning: While very convenient for rust removal, converters can often be a pain to clean, so it helps to check ingredients to see what type of cleaning effort you can expect. For example, a rust converter using phosphoric acid require more time and effort to clean than those with tannic acid.
What is the best kind of rust converter in Canada?
There are a few types of rust converter available to buy:
- Liquid Rust Converters: These are by far the most common and widely used, being suitable for most rust removal requirements. Ingredients can vary from product to product, which can impact its thickness and application process, such as being brushed or sprayed on.
- Gel Rust Converters: While less common, some gel rust converters work much the same as liquid products. The main difference is a much thicker consistency, meaning it can only be brushed on and not sprayed, although this also prevents any dripping from happening so there is less clean up required.
Top 10 list of rust converters in Canada (October 2020)
This top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their rust converters rank and which rust converter is the best.
- MULTI-USE: Use for automobiles, machinery, railings, structures, tools, marine applications…
- ULTIMATE PROTECTION: Convert toughest rust and corrosion caused by all types of weather…
- EFFICIENT: 1 Gallon Covers 500 square of smooth, nonporous surface – That‘s…
- Convenient 8-Ounce bottle
- Converted surface is ready to paint
- Easy to apply aerosol
- KBS Rust Converter is fast drying.
- KBS Rust Converter Creates Primed Surfaces.
- KBS Rust Converter Easily Transforms Rust.
- Specially formulated to be used with body filler and fiberglass
- Surface rust must be present. Use as a primer or finish coat
- Within minutes, rust disappears and is converted to a durable black protective c…
- Use in marine, automotive, general household and industrial applications
- Apply at 8-10 mils wet for 200-250 sq ft per gallon coverage
- Water-Based formula cleans up with just soap and water, Non-Flammable and Non-Co…
- overage is 6 to 8 square meters per litre offering great value
- You can repaint the rust-free metal with either water-based or oil-based paint
- Resists water vapour, oxygen, carbon dioxide and bacterial growth protecting treated…
- Item Package Weight: 3.25 lb
- Item Package Dimensions: 18.0" L x 18.0" W x 21.0" H
- Model Number: 248658
- Easy to use, soap and water clean up
- Covers 25-35 square feet
- Apply by brushing or spraying on
- Contains no solvents or bases, non-toxic, non-corrosive and non-flammable
- Works on stainless steel, steel & cast iron
- Saves time & lasts longer - dries black fast & won't come off, no residue…
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a rust converter test. Last Update 2020/10/23 03:39 o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best rust converters