Review10Best looks at the best subwoofers in Canada and selects the one by Yamaha Audio as the best subwoofer. In a subwoofer buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different subwoofers and see a recommendation on which subwoofer to buy in Canada in 2020. By considering the top list of subwoofers, you can find the best subwoofers and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate subwoofer buying guide
- View the subwoofer picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about subwoofers
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The best subwoofer adds a new element to music, producing the deeper sounds that standard speakers can’t reach, making them popular in home theatre and car audio systems. However, choosing a subwoofer is a daunting prospect, with all kinds of specs and technical terms you need to familiarise yourself with.
To make the process easier, check out this handy subwoofer buying guide. It has all the information you need to find the best subwoofers for any situation.
What are subwoofers?
A subwoofer is a type of speaker that produces low pitched audio frequencies below 30Hz. As a result, the speaker provides exceptional quality bass when listening to music and other audio, making it a popular option for home theatre systems and in-car audio systems.
Why should you buy a good subwoofer?
The best subwoofers can reproduce sound frequencies below 30Hz, which is notably lower than most standard speakers, which tend to stop at around 50Hz. This means they produce incredibly quality and clarity for bass tones in music, so everything you listen to with a subwoofer sounds far better than without.
How to choose the right subwoofer?
Finding a good subwoofer can be challenging, so here are a few things to consider:
- Size: The driver inside a subwoofer is responsible for producing the sound, so the size of this impacts the level and quality of sound produced. Most standard subwoofers are 12”, producing fantastic sound for a reasonable price. 8” subwoofers are available, taking up less space while also being more affordable, although the sound may not be as good compared to 12” models. Plus, some are 15” and above, producing exceptional bass but also taking up a lot of space and costing significantly more.
- Power: Most subwoofers have an external amplifier to power the speaker, so it’s worth checking the power rating to determine a subwoofer’s quality. Mostly measured in RMS wattage, 100-150 watts are a good starting point, and anything up to 500 watts will produce fantastic sound quality, although the higher you go the more it costs!
- Frequency Range: Humans can hear sound frequencies to around 20Hz while our bodies can feel the sound even lower at about 10Hz. Subwoofers should have a frequency range starting at around 30Hz, and the lower this gets to 20Hz the better the bass is going to sound. Modern subwoofers tend to reach around 25Hz, which is fine for most people, while some can reach below 20Hz but they will cost a serious amount of cash so are probably overkill for most buyers.
What is the best kind of subwoofer in Canada?
Here are the most popular types of subwoofers available to buy:
- Passive Subwoofers: This type of subwoofer has an external amplifier that powers the driver. It’s not the most common type and does require more complex setup to the rest of a speaker system, as a subwoofer requires more power than standard speakers, making it difficult to connect to speaker terminals.
- Powered Subwoofers: This most widely available type of subwoofer, powered types feature an internal amplifier that powers the driver, making it much easier to connect to the rest of the sound system. They also allow you to make more adjustments, as most come with individual settings.
Top 10 list of subwoofers in Canada (October 2020)
This top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their subwoofers rank and which subwoofer is the best.
- Dynamic power: 100 W (5 ohms)
- Stylish addition to any room
- 8” cone woofer
- Bass-reflex via rear firing port
- Max acoustic output 112dB
- 300 watt
- Frequenct response 28-200 Hz
- Speaker and Line Level Inputs
- 115 W, Amplified Subwoofer (6 ohms, 80 Hz, 10% THD), 10" foamed-mica cellular…
- Vented Aluminum Former
- Dual 4ohm 2" High-temperature Voice Coils
- Fits In Less Than 3.1" Depth
- Line/LFE inputs for compatibility with most receivers
- Low pass crossover and phase control
- Equally impressive with music and movies;Brushed black polymer veneer cabinet with…
- DETACHABLE DESIGNFor easy and flexible placement, the 32 inches elegant sound bar…
- MULTIPLE INPUTS OPTIONAdopt Bluetooth 5.0, you can pair your any Bluetooth-enabled…
- CUSTOMIZED 5 EQ MODES5 intuitive equalizer modes (Game, Movie, Bass, Music, News…
- Product dimensions: 18.9" (H) x 15" (W) x 19.4" (D)
- Deep bass that doesn't require deep pockets
- The 10-Inch driver in the PB-1000 pumps out loads of deep and powerful bass with…
- ONE DIAL FOR TOTAL WIRELESS CONTROL – With a 30 m line of sight range, dial…
- IMMERSIVE SOUND – Expertly tuned speaker system features 80W Peak power / 40W…
- MULTIPLE WAYS TO CONNECT AND SWITCH – You’ve got options. Connect up…
- Wooden body, to minimize vibration caused by noise, to ensure that in a long time,…
- A plurality of radiating holes are arranged on both sides to ensure the heat dissipation…
- Equipped with RCA/speaker level inputs, can easily be integrated using existing speaker…
- An optional "Auto-On" function puts the subwoofer system into power-saving…
- The High-Level output can be used to connect to your stereo/front speakers or you…
- The subwoofer has multiple input options, which allow it to be used with any existing…
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a subwoofer test. Last Update 2020/10/29 23:06 o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best subwoofers