Review10Best compares the best toasters in Canada and nominates the one by BLACK+DECKER as the best toaster. In our toasters review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different toasters and follow our recommendation on which toaster to buy in Canada in 2020. With the toaster comparison, you can be sure to buy the best toaster on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate toaster buying guide
- View our toaster picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about toasters
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The best toasters offer delicious toast every time without fail, regardless of the choice of bread used. However, not all toasters are so efficient when it comes to toasting all types of bread, so it’s always worth buying a great toaster to ensure you get that perfect toast time and time again. Check out the buying guide below for how to choose the right toaster:
What are toasters?
A toaster is a small electrical appliance used to make toast. It works by exposing radiant heat to bread, therefore turning it into toast. The best toaster also work effectively with various other bread products, such as bagels, sliced rolls, crumpets etc.
Why should you buy a good toaster?
A good toaster is a great appliance to have. It allows you to make toast, which is a very enjoyable snack and is also suitable for heating various other breaded products. If you enjoy toast in the morning - or at any other part of the day - then it’s always recommended to have a quality toaster. It’s possible to toast bread by other methods, but none are as efficient or quick as the great toasters.
How to choose the right toaster?
Choosing the best toaster isn’t as easy as many assume. There are countless products available and a range of features worth checking out, while cheaper toasters are often unreliable, so be sure to consider some of the following things:
- Capacity: Toasters come with either two or four-slice capacities, with the latter typically costing more due to its increased size. If you and your family eat toast often, then a four-slice toaster is a great choice, while those that eat toast infrequently will be fine with a cheaper two-slice toaster.
- Slot-Width: The best toasters feature variable slot-widths that allow them to toast a variety of bread. Not all toasters have this feature, and it’s an important one if you want toast different products such as bagels and specialty bread.
- Lift: Toasters have different lift levels so it’s important to consider this, otherwise smaller products such as crumpets and muffins are difficult to remove from the toaster. If you’re only using normal bread then lift isn’t much of a concern, but if you want to cook other stuff be sure to get a toaster with a high lift.
- Extra Features: There are a variety of additional features found in most toasters, so be sure to think about which features are useful. For instance, a sandwich rack allows toasties to be made in the toaster, while defrosting settings are perfect for cooking frozen bread.
What is the best kind of toaster in Canada?
There are several types of toasters available, any of which you may find appealing. They include:
- Pop-up Toaster: The most popular type of toaster by some margin, pop-up toasters feature two or four vertical bread slots at the top of the toaster. They usually operate via a lever at the side, with the toast popping up and out of the slot. Available in many shapes, sizes, and materials, pop-up toasters are a the best option for most people: being quick, effective, and relatively affordable.
- Toaster Oven: A toaster oven is a small oven with a cooking rack and removable small pan. Bread is placed on the wire rack before shutting the door, after which it cooks inside. Once ready, a toaster oven shuts off automatically, although you usually open the door manually. An appealing aspect of a toaster oven is its versatility. Not is it suitable for cooking toast, it has many of the functions of a conventional oven, albeit on a smaller scale. This makes it a great choice for cooking toast with toppings such as cheese, but it tends to cook bread slower than a pop-up toaster.
Top 10 list of toasters in Canada (July 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their toasters rank and which toaster is the best.
- Shade Selector - Find the right shade for everyone’s tastes. The time selector…
- Drop-Down Crumb Tray - Keep the counter clean and the kitchen smelling fresh. The…
- Extra Lift - The lever lifts toast so it’s safely in reach. ; Volts: 120V
- Stainless Steel Accents: The bold accents add a distinctive look to this toaster…
- Self-Adjusting Guides: The guides center bread in the slots for even toasting.
- 850-Watts: Fast toasting with precise results thanks to 850-watts of power.
- Rotary shade selector
- Rear slide-out crumb tray
- Includes a 5 year limited warranty from Hamilton Beach
- Product built to north American electrical standards
- Instruction book included
- 1-1/2-Inch , wide toasting slots, extra-lift carriage lever, slide-out crumb tra…
- Crumb tray, breeze and the cord wrap simplifies storage
- Functions, cleanup a breeze and the integrated cord wrap simplifies storage
- Extended lift
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
- Slide-out crumb tray for easy cleanup
- Cool touch side panels
- GLUTEN FREE SETTING: Toasts longer, at a lower power, which produces better results…
- BAGEL SETTING: Bagel setting toasts one side
- ELECTRONIC CONTROL: Consistent toasting at any of 7 settings
- SAFE TO USE AND GUARANTEEThe toaster ensure superior quality and safety. Compared…
- LIFT LEVERWhen your bread is finished toasting, the lever can be lifted higher after…
- EASY TO CLEANToaster come with removable slide-out crumb tray in the rear, which…
- Includes a 5 year limited warranty from Hamilton Beach
- Easy to clean slide-out crumb tray and auto shut-off
- Digital display shows toast shade setting at a glace; 5 control settings
- Comes with everything you need to start cooking—right out of the box: Oven…
- Start cooking delicious, nutritious food fast and easy –from air frying french…
- The easy-to-use dials and function buttons let you customize programs to make your…
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/07/02 09:18. o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best toasters