Review10Best compares the best black teas in Germany and nominates the one from The Tea Makers of London as the best tea. In our black teas review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different teas and follow our recommendation on which black tea to buy in Germany in 2019. With the tea comparison, you can be sure to buy the best black tea on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate black tea buying guide
- View our black tea picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to teas
- Watch recommended videos about black teas
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Black tea is the most popular type of tea sold around the world. Many black tea blends are drunk throughout the world, from Earl Grey to Assam. However, choosing the best black tea is down to personal taste, but with so many choices out there it can be difficult to find that perfect tasting black tea.
Looking to buy the best black tea product you can find? Then check out the guide below for everything you need to know:
What are black teas?
Black tea is one of the main types of tea along with green, oolong, and white tea. The main difference between each of these is the oxidization of the tea leaves, with black tea being the most oxidized of each. As a result, the tea leaves take on a black color (hence the name), while offering a much stronger flavor than other types of tea.
There are many types of black tea sold, with factors such as the type tea leaves, country of growth, and the blending of other ingredients to produce teas with distinct flavors and aromas.
Why should you buy a good black tea?
The best black teas can provide a range of health benefits when consumed, but they also result in a very refreshing beverage. Tea is the second most popular beverage in the world after water, and the reason for this is rather simple - it tastes very nice! With black tea being the most popular type of tea, it’s safe to say there are many great tasting black teas out there. Black tea tastes rather strong and combines well with other additives such as milk, sugar and lemon.
With so many varieties of tea available, you can easily find something that tastes very pleasant.
How to choose the right black tea?
Looking to choose the best black tea for your taste buds? It can be quite difficult to find a great black tea without tasting it first, but here are some things that should make it easier to choose one:
- Origin: Black tea is produced in a few countries, but India, Sri Lanka, and parts of Africa remain the largest manufacturers. Each one produces their own distinct black teas, so a good way to find a suitable tea is to try them based on their country of origin. India is the largest producer of tea so it’s great country of origin to start, with popular choices such as Assam and Darjeeling.
- Flavor: While all good black tea comes with a bold flavor, there are subtle differences in the how each one tastes. For instance, the flavor of Assam tea is very malty and pairs well with milk, while Ceylon has spicy undertones that you may find appealing. Be sure to check the flavor notes by reading the packaging, or if possible have a taste of the tea before buying.
- Blends: Black tea comes in many blends, where additional ingredients are combined to produce wonderful tasting beverages. Perhaps the most famous example of this is Earl Grey, which is a black tea blended with the rind of a citrus fruit. English and Irish Breakfast Teas are another example of popular black tea blends, with the full-bodied tea being served with milk and sugar. Blended teas may be a better choice for people that are new to black tea, as their tastes aren’t too overwhelming, and they mix well with other ingredients like honey, lemon, milk, and sugar.
What is the best kind of black tea in Germany?
There are countless types of black teas, as factors such as climate, geography, and the type of tea leaf all result in different teas. Many blends of black tea also exist, all of which use different types of black tea to produce. However, the most popular and widely used black tea are as follows:
- Assam Black Tea: Grown in India, Assam tea comes with a bold, malty taste that combines well with milk and sugar. Used in many popular black tea blends too, it’s a great choice for those that like a strong taste to their tea.
- Darjeeling Black Tea: Native to a small mountainous region in India, Darjeeling tea is a much softer type of black tea that can change in flavor depending on the season it was grown. It is used to produce very popular Chai Teas, which feature exotic spices that produce a distinct flavor.
- Ceylon Black Tea: Sri Lanka produces a variety of black tea, which tastes quite different depending on the region of the country. A strong black tea, they often have a subtle spice flavor to them, namely due to Sri Lanka’s large cinnamon production.
Top 10 list of black teas in Germany (August 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their black teas rank and which tea is the best.
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/08/19 22:15. o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Other reviews related to teas
Recommended Video about the best black teas