Review10Best compares the best car seats in Germany and selects the one by kk Kinderkraft as the best car seat. In a car seat buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different car seats and see a recommendation on which car seat to buy in Germany in 2021. By considering the top list of car seats, you can find the best car seats and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate car seat buying guide
- View the car seat picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to car seats
- More about car seats on the web
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Given how important it is for your child’s safety when you’re driving, it’s understandable that you want to find the best car seat possible. However, finding the right seat can be difficult as there are a lot of considerations to make. So it’s important to understand what you need from a car seat for your child. Get all this info below with our handy car seat buying guide:
What are car seats?
A car seat, also called booster seats or child safety seats, is a type of seat designed to protect children and babies from injury or death during a car accident. There are many designs and sizes available, with seats available for babies, toddlers, and children of all ages.
Why should you buy a good car seat?
The best car seat will ensure your child’s safety should you ever be in a car accident. If this wasn’t motivation enough to buy one, you most likely need one by law, with most countries having regulations in place that a child car seat mandatory until a certain height, weight, and age.
How to choose the right car seat?
Struggling to find the best car seats for your children? Here are some things to look out for when you are buying a new one:
- Weight: Car seats are designed to seat children based on their weight, so you will need to know this before buying anything. Weight requirements for a booster seat are typically categorised in groups, so by knowing your child’s weight, you should be able to find a suitable seat. Groups range from 0+, which are designed for babies, to 2-3, which are intended for older kids.
- Height: While not all car seats have height restrictions, there is a new European car seat regulation (i-size) that aims to make seats even safer imposing new height requirements. So make sure to get your child’s height if buying this type of seat.
What is the best kind of car seat in Germany?
While many different brands and models exist, here are some of the best-selling types of car seats available:
- Rear Facing Car Seats: Also called baby seats, these are required for babies, usually from birth to around 15 months old.
- Forward Facing Car Seats: While some are suitable for children from as young as 9 months, forward-facing seats are generally designed for infants and young children, usually between 4-11 years old.
- Combination Car Seats: This type combines forward and rear-facing functionality, allowing you to switch between each type depending on the age and weight of your child. As a result, they are suitable for a wider age and weight range, typically from birth to around 4-6 years old.
Top 10 list of car seats in Germany (October 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their car seats. Which car seat is the best?
- Shipped with Austria free
- 2 installation systems with car seat belt or Isofix.
- Children can get themselves settled into the car seat on their own.
- Children are well protected by a shock-absorbing headrest.
- Dri-Seat breathable reduction insert. For the safety and comfortable positioning…
- 4 levels of tilt: One-handed backrest adjustment from a sitting position to a lying…
- Headrest adjustment: 7-step adjustment of the headrest, allowing the child seat to…
- Contents: 1 Cybex Silver Pallas B-Fix car seat, incl. Summer cover, dimensions (L…
- Easy to install in the car as well as greater stability and safety with latch connect…
- 12-way height adjustable headrest to adjust to the size of the child, adjustable…
- Isofix: Features a sturdy, secure installation on the bodywork of the car.
- Good safety at all age groups: with AirProtect: side protection in the head area…
- Intuitive storage of straps: quick and secure adjustment for the next age level
- 5-point safety belt.
- Twist-Comfort system – fully adjustable backrest
- 10-level adjustment of the headrest (in a range of 17 cm).
- Suitable for all vehicle models with 3-point belt (adult belt). Box contents: 1 x…
- Easy to install: The strap is first guided under one of the armrests (red arrow),…
- This child seat is a grow-along child seat that is reminiscent of motor sports with…
- Gift packs: Gifts include a red seat belt clip (prevents retraction, supports installation);…
- 360° rotation makes getting the child in and out easy. Save time when installing…
- With side protection system for optimal protection in the event of side impact. Securely…
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best car seats, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a car seat test. Last Update: 2021/10/19.
Other reviews related to car seats
Further resources about car seats
- Car Seats and Booster Seats | NHTSA: Car seats and boosters provide protection for infants and children in a crash, yet car crashes are a leading cause of death for children ages 1 to 13. (source: www.nhtsa.gov)
- Car Seats: Information for Families | HealthyChildren: One of the most important jobs you have as a parent is keeping your child safe when riding in a vehicle. (source: www.healthychildren.org)
- i-size statement | Maxi-Cosi: Learn more about the new i-size regulation for car seats and read Maxi-Cosi`s statement. (source: www.maxi-cosi.com)