Review10Best compares the best exercise bikes in Germany and nominates the one by Ultrasport as the best exercise bike. In our exercise bikes review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different exercise bikes and follow our recommendation on which exercise bike to buy in Germany in 2020. With the exercise bike comparison, you can be sure to buy the best exercise bike on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate exercise bike buying guide
- View our exercise bike picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about exercise bikes
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The best exercise bikes are easy to use and offer an effective way to exercise from home. However, with so many options available, choosing the right exercise bike often requires some research to ensure you get exactly what you need.
Check out the buying guide below for how to choose the best exercise bike:
What are exercise bikes?
An exercise bike is a type of stationary bicycle used for exercising. It features a saddle, seat, and pedals like a standard bicycle, allowing users to exercise like they were riding a bike from a stationary position.
Why should you buy a good exercise bike?
An exercise bike is one of the best exercise machines available. Easy to use and relatively low impact, it allows users to exercise from the comfort of home, providing a quality cardio workout that can help lose weight and improve fitness.
Plus, with a good exercise bike at home, you aren’t limited to when or where you can use it like with a bicycle, and it’s generally a cheaper investment than a gym membership. As they quite easy to use, an exercise bike is a great piece of equipment for slowly building fitness, so anyone that’s looking to get into shape can greatly benefit from using an exercise bike.
How to choose the right exercise bike?
Choosing the best exercise bike depends mostly on the individual, so it helps to consider some of the following things to ensure you get the best machine for your own needs.
- Space: Like any home exercise equipment, an exercise bike will take up a fair amount of space, so make sure you have enough room to store it. Those short on space may want to invest in a more compact machine, with foldable designs being a good option for saving space.
- Resistance: This is an important feature to consider, with resistance coming from magnets or friction inside the bike. Magnet resistance isn’t as common but are better for pre-set programs as they can be judged using the internal computer device, while friction resistance is a more basic function that needs to be manually adjusted. However, friction resistance is much cheaper than magnetic versions.
- Weight Capacity: Without a suitable weight capacity an exercise bike becomes unstable and difficult to reach. When buying an exercise bike online be sure to check the weight capacity to ensure it supports your weight.
- Pre-Set Programs: Some of the best exercise bikes feature pre-set programs on internal computers. These offer more diverse workouts, real-time statistics, and some even play music. While a costlier addition, it may be worth investing in as the programs are effective and quite helpful.
What is the best kind of exercise bike in Germany?
There are several options when it comes to types of exercise bikes currently available. Any of the following may be a great exercise bike for your needs:
- Upright Exercise Bike: Upright exercise bikes are the most common type available, closely resembling a bicycle in an upright position. It usually tilts the body slightly forwards, and handles are generally higher compared to a normal bike, making it comfortable and easy to use.
- Recumbent Exercise Bike: This type of exercise bike is much lower in height and sits the user in back-leaning position. There is a padded seat that also comes with a backrest, making them very comfortable to use for long periods as the body is more relaxed. Their design makes them fantastic for anyone with back pains, although they mostly exercise the lower body so may not be the best for intense exercise.
- Indoor Cycling: Very similar looking to an upright bike, indoor cycling exercise bikes are the best choice for fitness enthusiasts, offering the most intense workouts. Known as spin bikes, they are designed to closely mimic the motion of riding a bicycle, working the most muscles out of any type of exercise bike. However, they are often less comfortable, and the flywheel design means the pedals continue to move even when you stop moving, which can take some getting use to.
Top 10 list of exercise bikes in Germany (April 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their exercise bikes rank and which exercise bike is the best.
- Model FBH: max. user weight up to approx. 286 lbs (130 kg)
- Model FB: max. user weight up to approx. 220 lbs (100 kg)
- LCD display with computer function: time / scan / calories / speed / distance /…
- Versatile training: Train with one of the 12 pre-installed training programs. E.g.…
- Extras: Free pulse strap included! Choose one of four user profiles via the high-quality…
- Smart: The app-compatible console offers a workout with Street View via the fitness…
- For maximum body weight of 150 kg.
- 1 body fat programme.
- 6 preset training programmes.
- Available with or without backrest - max. User weight up to approx. 100 kg.
- Trendy, battery operated LCD display (functions: Time, Calories, Speed, Distance,…
- Strengthen your circulatory system and muscles with the help of 8 resistance lev…
- Built-in receiver for 5 kHz chest straps.
- Flywheel set made of special steel: approximately 12 kg.
- Precise brake power up to 500 watts.
- Details: safety tested according to EN ISO 20957-1, EN 957-5; user weight up to 150…
- EXTRAS: Integrated hand pulse sensors, tablet holder, transport rollers, floor level…
- APP: free Cardiofit app; management of various user profiles with training history;…
- Max. User weight: 135 kg, max. User size 185 cm; assembly dimensions 148 x 52 x 110…
- Transport castors for easy storage; Hand pulse sensors; vertical and horizontal adjustable…
- Bluetooth 4.0 with the use of the apps Fitness Data and Kinomap to store training…
- 2 YEARS WARRANTY ON ALL PARTS
- Sturdy construction with 120Kg (18 St 12 Lb.) max user weight
- A very solidly built machine, CE Approved and TUV Certified to German standards
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/03/27 22:18. o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best exercise bikes