Review10Best compares the best green teas in Germany and selects the one by Biotiva as the best tea. In a green tea buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different teas and see a recommendation on which green tea to buy in Germany in 2021. By considering the top list of teas, you can find the best green teas and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate green tea buying guide
- View the green tea picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to teas
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Green tea is one of the most popular types of tea after black tea, known for its crisp and refreshing taste. However, with many types available finding the best green tea can be a struggle, especially if you’re unsure what to look for. Check out the handy buying guide below for all the info you need to find the best green teas.
What are green teas?
All tea comes from the leaves of the Camellia sinensis shrubs, which can be processed in several ways to achieve different types of tea. Green tea is produced from the freshest Camellia sinensis leaves that have yet to oxidize (the process that turns them into black and oolong teas), steaming them to produce a beverage that is in a mild in flavor and light in color. Unlike other types of tea, green tea tastes best when brewed on its own, with additives such as milk or sugar not combining well with the beverage.
Why should you buy a good green tea?
Many of the health claims surrounding green tea are greatly exaggerated, although it does feature various properties that can have positive effects. For instance, the best green teas are rich in antioxidants and B vitamins, while containing potassium, magnesium, and folate. It’s also very refreshing and low caffeine, making it a fine alternative to coffee or black tea. So there is certainly no harm in adding the drink to your diet.
How to choose the right green tea?
Looking to buy the best green tea possible but aren’t sure how to choose the right one? Consider some of the following things to help make it easier:
- Type: While all green tea comes from the same plant, there are many types available. Sencha, jasmine, longjing, and gyokuro green tea are some of the most popular options, although there are dozens of varieties to choose from. Be sure check the type of green tea before you buy, reading descriptions on the packaging for more info about the taste, origin, aroma etc.
- Freshness: The best green tea is always the freshest, as it doesn’t really age well. So, make sure the green tea is reasonably fresh by checking the harvest date, and remember you can maintain the freshness by storing tea in the refrigerator.
- Brewing Method: Not all green tea is made in the same way! While there are many types available in traditional tea bags, many of the best green teas are sold loose. This means you need appropriate brewing equipment, such as a tea strainer, a French press or at least a good electric kettle. So be sure to check the brewing method before you buy!
What is the best kind of green tea in Germany?
There is a huge selection of amazing green teas out there, so it’s impossible to list the different types. However, there are some that have become regarded as the best tasting green teas due to their popularity. This includes:
- Jasmine Green Tea: This type of green tea has a wonderfully sweet with fantastic flowery aromas, although be aware that cheaper products can feature artificial sweeteners and preservatives. Go for organic green tea that is naturally scented, as the taste is much better.
- Longjing Green Tea: The most popular Chinese green tea, longjing is also pleasantly sweet and features a mild chestnut flavor. Very rich in flavor, it can be one of the costlier green teas, although its quality certainly makes it worth every penny.
- Sencha Green Tea: A great green tea for first-time drinkers, it’s an affordable option that comes with plenty of quality. The taste is rather mild, with hints of grass to the flavor, and it’s a fine choice for an everyday tea drinker.
Top 10 list of green teas in Germany (August 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their green teas. Which tea is the best?
- CleaningEffectively soften dead skin, clean pores and dirt thoroughly and let the…
- Easy to UseJust wash your face, apply mud to your face or body, leave it on for about…
- Small and lightweight, easy to carryThe product has the design of a rotating head,…
- Getfit will be your new way of life. Natural stimulation for the body with caffeine…
- For men and women at every meal 2 capsules daily. Any treatments, powders, tablets,…
- Changes are hard at the beginning, messy in the middle, and wonderful in the end…
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best teas, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a green tea test. Last Update: 2021/08/04.
Other reviews related to teas