Review10Best compares the best interior paints in Germany and selects the one by derendo as the best interior paint. In a interior paint buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different interior paints and see a recommendation on which interior paint to buy in Germany in 2022. By considering the top list of interior paints, you can find the best interior paints and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate interior paint buying guide
- View the interior paint picks and see how they rank in the top list
Finding the best interior paint is challenging. With so many colours, tones, and textures to consider, it is easy to see why so many people feel overwhelmed at the thought of buying new interior paint for their home. Thankfully, choosing the best interior paints is easier than most think, it just helps to do some research beforehand to make the buying process that bit simpler. To help with this we have created a handy buying guide for interior paints that has all the info you need know!
What are interior paints?
Interior paint is a substance used to coat indoor walls, ceilings, objects and fixtures with a protective layer while adding the desired colours and textures. Available in a near countless range of colours, tones, textures, and fishes, good interior paint is typically used to decorate rooms and objects around the home.
Why should you buy a good interior paint?
If you want to decorate a room then interior paint is a great choice. Affordable and available in a huge range of colours and finishes, it is easy to find an interior paint that matches the desired aesthetic for a space, while most people feel that it is easier to apply than wallpaper. Moreover, you should consider buying the best interior paint possible. This provides a more uniform coating, lasts much longer, and generally looks a lot better than cheaper interior paint.
How to choose the right interior paint?
Choosing the right interior paint can feel overwhelming. So here are some things to consider before buying the best paints for interior walls:
- Finish: Interior paint comes in many finishes, so always consider each one and whether it provides the desired aesthetic. For emulsion paints, matte, satin, and silk are the main choices. Matte offers a flatter finish while satin and silk provide a glossy finish with an attractive sheen. Eggshell is the go-between of these finishes, being neither overly glossy nor matte.
- Location: Certain rooms have unique requirements for interior paint, most notable the kitchen and bathroom. These rooms face more moisture so it is recommended to buy an appropriate paint. Avoid emulsion paint for these rooms, as it’s water-based so will draw in the moisture and lead to mould, while gloss paint is better suited for wooden fixtures like skirting boards and door frames. For walls and ceilings, emulsion paint is the best choice.
- Existing Paintwork: Check your current paintwork before buying new interior paint, as painting over certain colours and finishes can be problematic with the wrong type. For instance, if the current paintwork is a silk finish and you want a matt finish, you’ll need to use a primer undercoat first. Certain colours can be challenging to paint over, so always do some research on this. A good solution is to use an undercoat first, although this requires more time and effort painting.
What is the best kind of interior paint in Germany?
Here are the most popular types of interior paint available to buy:
- Emulsion Paints: Emulsion is a type of water-based paint that is the best option for interior use, offering the best finish on walls and ceilings. It comes in a range of finishes including matte, silk, satin and eggshell.
- Gloss Paints: A type of oil-based paint, gloss paint is recognisable for its high shine finishes. It’s a popular option for wood materials, so is one of the better interior paints for skirting, door frames, etc. Due to the high shine finish, imperfections are more apparent on surfaces, so some prepping is necessary before painting.
- Primers: This type of paint primes the surface for a new coating. It bonds to the surface and allows the new paint to better stick, resulting in a more uniform finish. It’s also good for preventing mould by providing a protective barrier.
Top 10 list of interior paints in Germany (August 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their interior paints. Which interior paint is the best?
- Ideal for refreshing old white coatings and for painting over bright shades. Easy…
- Low odour, breathable, drip-resistant and low spray.
- Water-dilutable and can be painted universally on all dry surfaces. Easy and safe…
- Good coverage.
- Matt white.
- Easy to work with
- Can be dissolved
- Can be thinned with water, protects the environment
- Low-spray paint for walls and ceilings, can be painted over after 4-6 hours.
- Schulz Classic is very economical with a bucket you can paint 50-70 m².
- The interior paint is drip and splash resistant for clean and easy processing.
- Gloss level: matte
- Good coverage for indoor walls and ceilings
- Wash-resistant according to DIN 53778
- Processing / consumption: approx. 150-180 ml / qm per coat | Coverage 6sqm / liter…
- Product features safety: solvent-free (according to VdL RL01) | GISCODE M-DF 01 |…
- General product characteristics: Wet abrasion class 3 (water resistant) | Opacity…
- Abrasion-resistant and durable.
- Low-odour and perfect for the ambient air.
- Range of 75 m² per 10 litres
- 225 ml for approx. 1.5 m² with one coat. Also suitable for wallpaper or other…
- Application sponge can be easily rinsed with water after use for further use.
- Perfect to work with thanks to the sponge attachment with a coverage capacity of…
- 2.5 litres is sufficient for a single coat of approx. 20 m² - 30 m².
- 2.5 litres.
- Products and services – Our range includes a wide range of creative colours,…
- My colour room – with our products you have the opportunity to be creative…
- Processing: the water-based, solvent-free and plasticiser-free varnish can be easily…
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best interior paints, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a interior paint test. Last Update: 2022/08/19.