Review10Best compares the best mattresses in Germany and nominates the one by Wolkenwunder as the best mattress. In our mattresses review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different mattresses and follow our recommendation on which mattress to buy in Germany in 2019. With the mattress comparison, you can be sure to buy the best mattress on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate mattress buying guide
- View our mattress picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to mattresses
- Watch recommended videos about mattresses
- More about mattresses on the web
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Nothing feels good as a sound night’s rest, especially went it's on a sweet, succulent mattress. The sofa may provide a soft spot to lay your head, but it's nothing compared to a mattress that's best for your body. What everyone in our present age deserves after a busy day is quality sleep and not just quantity sleep. Sleeping on the best mattress for you is the perfect start to having a quality night rest.
What are mattresses?
A mattress is a piece of furniture in a home for resting and sleeping. It is usually made of soft materials like wool or cotton. This is then encased in a thick but soft fabric for comfort. However, some of the best mattresses come with springs to support your body and to add extra comfort when you lay on it. It is placed on a bed platform and usually covered with a bedspread.
Why should you buy a good mattress?
You definitely don’t want to spend your nights on the floor. Sleeping on an irregular surface, even if they are soft, like a sofa, will make the whole body throb and eventually cramp the muscles. Sleeping on the best quality of mattress for you makes the body relaxed and reduces the pressure points on it so you could get the best rest.
How to choose the right mattress?
Mattresses come in different sizes and shapes. There's no such thing as the best mattress for all. Yet, it still holds that you don’t need a master’s degree to make the best choice when looking for a good mattress.
When it comes to choosing the right mattress, here are some tips to help you find the best for you:
- Comfort: This is the chief factor to consider when you want to choose a right mattress. Go for comfort over a mattress’ aesthetic values. Find one that feels comfortable when you lie on it. It’s usually not best to pick a mattress that is too soft or too firm.
- Sleeping Positions: Your usual sleeping posture is a vital factor for choosing the best mattress for you. If you are a back sleeper, you should go for a firm mattress. If you are a side sleeper, you should go for a soft mattress. A medium mattress is available to create a good balance between the back sleeper and the side sleeper.
- Size: Your choice should give you enough space, so you don’t have to curl up every night. Consider the number of people that will use the mattress. Is it for you and your spouse? Or kids? Or it’s just you?
- Price and Brand: Price and brand may be to tend to be very persuasive but will cost less when it comes to picking the right mattress for your body. Brand may be something to consider, but not all expensive products are good products. So rather than be swayed by price, look out for the type of material used and be sure it has a better quality.
- Material: With evolving technologies and innovations, there are a lot of different mattresses in the market now. Among the common types of modern mattresses are memory mattresses, innerspring latex, air beds and waterbeds, each having its various materials make up. You might test any one that interests you before settling on which will give the more comfort.
What is the best kind of mattress in Germany?
You should bear in mind the following types of mattresses based on the material with which they are made. So go ahead and plan your night right with the perfect mattress:
- Memory Foam Mattresses: Made from a viscoelastic material and originally designed for NASA, the memory mattresses is an over hyped mattress that responds to temperature and pressure making it a good mattress for anyone who is suffering from aching joints or muscle cramp when they sleep. It is made of a syntactic foam material which is inert to allergies like bed bugs and mold. What makes this mattress unique is its ability to respond the position of your body by disturbing your body pressure and dispersing your body weight uniformly on the mattress.
- Innerspring Mattresses: Innerspring mattresses come with steel coils that provide support to the body when you lie on them. They are among the oldest, comfortable and quite affordable. The steel coils are then covered with special upholstery materials to give the mattress a fluffy and comfortable feel.
- Hybrid mattresses: As the name implies, hybrid mattresses are a combination of different mattress materials and designs, thus giving it all the benefits of an innerspring mattress plus a memory mattress. This means that it has been ingeniously manufactured to give the bounce that innerspring mattresses offer and the comfort and relaxed sleeping posture that a good memory mattress will offer. To top it all, most hybrid mattresses are often cheaper than the memory mattress.
- Latex Mattresses: The latex mattresses do not absorb heat as much as the memory mattresses do yet. They respond faster than the memory mattresses and give a greater amount of comfort and support. They ranked as one of the most durable mattresses.
- Water Mattresses: Although this type of mattresses requires much in terms of maintenance, they use water, or any other special liquid, to give the mattress the comfort, firmness, and support needed.
- Air Mattresses: Unlike the innerspring mattresses that use special steel coils to provide support for your body, air mattresses use air. The unique part of these mattresses is that they allow you to adjust the level of the air support to fit your sleeping posture, bringing more comfort will you lie on it.
Top 10 list of mattresses in Germany (October 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their mattresses rank and which mattress is the best.
Buy now on Markenschlafii
Buy now on Schlafnettii
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/10/22 16:41 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Other reviews related to mattresses
Recommended Video about the best mattresses
Further resources about mattresses
- Selecting the Best Mattress | Spine Health: While individual preference is probably the most important factor in determining the best mattress for each person, there are some general rules of thumb. (source: www.spine-health.com)
- How to Find the Best Mattress in the Maze of Choices | The New York Times: On the surface, they’re indistinguishable. In their depths, they’re a mystery. (source: www.nytimes.com)
- Best Mattress Buying Guide | Consumer Reports: Another mattress buying guide by Consumer Reports (source: www.consumerreports.org)