Review10Best compares the best oolong tea in Germany and selects the one by Yasashi as the best tea. In a oolong tea buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different teas and see a recommendation on which oolong tea to buy in Germany in 2021. By considering the top list of teas, you can find the best oolong tea and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate oolong tea buying guide
- View the oolong tea picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to teas
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Finding the best Oolong tea is always worthwhile, with the delicious hot beverage offering a wonderful alternative to black tea or coffee. However, choosing a new tea can be quite a daunting prospect, especially if you are unfamiliar with the type of tea, which is why we’ve created a handy buying guide!
Below you will find all the information you need to know about Oolong tea making it much easier to find that perfect tasting brew!
What are oolong tea?
Oolong tea is a type of tea made from the Camellia sinensis plant, commonly known as the tea plant, which is the same plant that produces the very popular green tea and black tea. The main difference between these teas is how the plant is processed, with Oolong tea being made from partially oxidised and slightly matured tea leaves. Black tea is produced from fully oxidised leaves whereas green tea leaves are not oxidised at all. So Oolong tea falls somewhere in between these two.
Why should you buy a good oolong tea?
The partial oxidisation of Oolong tea gives it unique properties, including distinct flavours and aromas, while there is a wide selection of good Oolong teas that have different tastes depending on their level of oxidisation, with some being closer to green tea and others closer to black tea. For instance, green Oolong tea is the least oxidised so has a very light and floral flavour not too dissimilar to green tea, while darker Oolong teas have a deeper flavour and rich aroma.
This means you have plenty of choices, with all kinds of delicious flavours available. Moreover, the best Oolong teas are healthy as they are high in antioxidants and can increasing your metabolism after drinking.
How to choose the right oolong tea?
There is no right or wrong choice when it comes to Oolong tea - it’s all down to personal taste! That said, here are a few things to think about to help you choose the best Oolong tea if you are unsure what to look for:
- Oxidisation Level: Oolong tea can be oxidised to various levels and this greatly impacts the taste and aroma. For example, low oxidisation produces Oolong tea with a fresh, bright flavour, often with a subtle sweetness. Those with heavier oxidisation take a deeper and more mellow flavour with a woody undertone, and many fall in-between light and heavy, so you have many options to try out!
- Growing Location: Oolong tea is mostly grown in China but whereabouts in the country its grown can greatly impact its flavour and aroma. For instance, those produced in high altitudes like in the Wuyi mountains take on a distinct taste that is influenced by the higher, rockier growing conditions. Always look out for things like the altitude and province where it’s grown in China, and don’t be afraid of tea that is grown elsewhere! For example, Taiwan produces many popular Oolong teas.
What is the best kind of oolong tea in Germany?
In general, the best Oolong teas can be chosen by their growing area. Here are some of the most popular tea varieties available to buy:
- Dan Chong Tea: Grown in the Guangdong province, this Oolong tea is very popular and has a natural flavour with pleasant flora and fruity aromas.
- Ti Kuan Yun Tea: Grown in higher altitudes in Fujian, this tea is light with a subtle floral and honey flavours with a refreshing finish.
- Da Hong Pao Tea: This is one of the most expensive tea available but also very high quality, with a deep smoky flavour with hints of caramel.
Top 10 list of oolong tea in Germany (June 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their oolong tea. Which tea is the best?
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best teas, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a oolong tea test. Last Update: 2021/06/21.
Other reviews related to teas