Review10Best compares the best plunge saws in Germany and selects the one by Scheppach as the best plunge saw. In a plunge saw buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different plunge saws and see a recommendation on which plunge saw to buy in Germany in 2022. By considering the top list of plunge saws, you can find the best plunge saws and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate plunge saw buying guide
- View the plunge saw picks and see how they rank in the top list
Looking for the best plunge saw but are unsure of what you need? It’s a common thing for many, as plunge saws are quite similar to circular saws, making it confusing to know the differences and what to look out for when you are buying. To find the best plunge saws for your needs, check out the handy buying guide below. It covers all the information you need to know about this type of saw, including what it is, why you need one, and how to choose the right one.
What are plunge saws?
A plunge saw is a type of circular saw that features a spring-loaded blade, allowing it to be plunged to various cutting depths as required. You need to plunge the blade for it to engage the material, whether it is feeding from the edge or dropping directly on top, with the blade automatically retracting when releasing pressure.
Why should you buy a good plunge saw?
Many assume that you don’t need a plunge saw if you already own a circular saw, mainly because the two tools share many similarities. However, a good plunge saw is highly recommended for carpenters, woodworkers, and DIY enthusiasts as it offers a much smoother cut and is easier to control than a standard circular saw. The best plunge saws are used with guard rails, allowing for quick and easy sawing in straight lines and a smooth finish to each cut. Also, they don’t feature a guard so you can cut directly into the material rather than always from the edge like with a circular saw.
How to choose the right plunge saw?
Here are some things to consider when buying the best plunge saw:
- Power: Always check the power of a plunge saw and try to get something suitable for your requirements. More power is never a bad thing but don’t assume you need the most powerful tool available. For instance, if you are only cutting plywood and other softwoods then you won’t need as powerful a motor as you would when constantly cutting hardwoods. This can save money as more power does mean a higher price.
- Cutting Quality: There are a few ways to determine the cutting quality produced by a plunge saw. The first is a good guide rail, which should be strong yet lightweight and come with multiple size options. This ensures a more accurate straight cut on various materials. Secondly, try to choose a model that has a pivoting mechanism, as this feature further improves the quality of straight cuts made by the saw.
- Cutting Depth: Plunge saws come with varying cutting depths, so it is important to check this and make sure it is enough for your needs. Most people will be fine with a cutting depth of 1 to 2 inches.
- Speed: Always choose a quality plunge saw with variable speed settings, as this provides more control over cutting speeds, which is necessary when working with various materials. Generally speaking, the more speed settings the better.
What is the best kind of plunge saw in Germany?
Some of the main types of plunge saws available to buy are listed in the following:
- Corded Plunge Saws: This type is generally more powerful, so if you are dealing with hardwoods and have high volumes of cutting to complete this is the better option. Manoeuvrability is somewhat restricted and it might inconvenient to operate depending on your working environment.
- Cordless Plunge Saws: While not as powerful as their corded counterparts, a cordless plunge saw still has plenty of cutting power for all kinds of tasks. Most people looking for a saw for general DIY projects around the home may find this type has more than enough power, along with the added convenience of being able to work in any space.
Top 10 list of plunge saws in Germany (August 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their plunge saws. Which plunge saw is the best?
- Parallel guide not included.
- Electronically adjustable speed.
- Hand-operated circular saw with immersion function.
- Cutting depth (at 48 °: 37 mm
- Cutting depth at 45 °: 39 mm
- Cutting depth at 90 °: 55 mm
- Box contents: 1 x circular saw PL75, 1 x guide rail 1400 mm, 1 x anti-tilt latch,…
- Shatterproof: Thanks to the splintering protection, even veneered wood can be cut…
- Versatile: The PL75 hand circular saw is ideal for hard natural wood, chipboard,…
- Special plastic holder for fine adjustment of the guide rail
- Separate guide rail system for precise acquisition
- Parallel stop for a high degree of satisfaction in the work results
- Fast angle adjustment for -1°, 22, 5° and quick pre-selection of 45°…
- Brushless motor for more endurance, longer service life and a more compact desig…
- With constant electronics, soft start and overload protection.
- Package contents: 1 x compact circular saw, 2 x 30T saw blade, 2 x 36T saw blade,…
- Safety and ergonomic design: the double circuit breaker prevents the machine opening…
- Laser guide and straight cutting: the class 2 laser guide ensures a professional…
- Contents: 1 item
- Makita DSP600ZJ Cordless Plunge Saw 165 mm without Battery 18 V
- Cutting depth at 45°: 0 - 43 mm
- Angle range: -1° - 47°
- Saw blade diameter: 160 mm
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best plunge saws, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a plunge saw test. Last Update: 2022/08/19.