Review10Best compares the best rowing machines in Germany and nominates the one by SportPlus as the best rowing machine. In our rowing machines review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different rowing machines and follow our recommendation on which rowing machine to buy in Germany in 2020. With the rowing machine comparison, you can be sure to buy the best rowing machine on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate rowing machine buying guide
- View our rowing machine picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about rowing machines
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The best rowing machines offer low impact workouts that will keep you fit and healthy. However, knowing what constitutes a good rowing machine is often difficult, espiecally if you’ve never used the equipment before. It helps to know a few things prior to buying a rowing machine to ensure you get a suitable model for your needs.
Check out the buying guide below for how to choose the best rowing machine:
What are rowing machines?
A rowing machine is a type of exercise machine used to mimic the motion of rowing a boat. As this action requires a lot of action, a rowing machine offers a highly effective cardio workout, while many people also use them as training for rowing.
Why should you buy a good rowing machine?
The best rowing machines are relatively easy to use and provide a quality workout. In fact, using a rowing machine is one of the best forms of cardio exercise, making them effective for weight loss, increasing fitness and stamina.
So, by using a rowing machine at home you can expect quality workouts that offer endless benefits to your personal health. It also provides a great upper body workout, building and toning muscle in the shoulders, arms, and back, which can help reduce back aches and improve posture.
How to choose the right rowing machine?
Choosing a good rowing machine requires a few considerations, otherwise you may end up with a machine that isn’t suitable for you. Here are some things to think about that can make it easier to find the right rowing machine:
- Space: Buying exercise equipment for home use requires appropriate space, so always check the size of any rowing machine you’re thinking of buying. Thankfully, rowing machines are generally compact and lightweight, so they can be stood upright when storing them. Adjustable rowing machines are often better space savers.
- Fitness Goals: Consider your fitness goals before buying a rowing machine to ensure you get a suitable model. For example, a low resistance rowing machine is great for weight loss and is also quite cheap, while rowing machines with additional tension levels are suitable for building muscle.
- Resistance: Rowing machines use different types of resistances, so make sure you check these to see which is best suited for your needs. For instance, the best value rowing machines usually feature hydraulic resistance, which isn’t the toughest but helps keep prices down. Other resistance types include magnetic, air, and water.
What is the best kind of rowing machine in Germany?
As previously mentioned, rowing machine are determined by the type of resistance they use, with the following options currently available:
- Air Resistance Rowing Machine: Perhaps the most popular type of rowing machine, the resistance presented to the user is determined by their own rowing intensity. So, the harder you row, the more resistance there is, with the rowing motion is generally quite smooth.
- Hydraulic Resistance Rowing Machine: Hydraulic rowing machines offer okay resistance but are one of the cheapest types available, making them suitable for beginners and anyone on a budget. You can usually adjust resistance levels to suit your own abilities, although the rowing motion isn’t as lifelike as other types.
- Water Resistance Rowing Machine: As the name suggests, this type of rowing machine provides a resistance that closely resembles water. So, using this is perhaps the most lifelike type of rowing machine, as it feels as if you are literally rowing on water. Resistance intensity is determined by the user’s effort.
- Magnetic Resistance Rowing Machine: The inclusion of a magnetic breaking system makes this type of rowing machine very quiet, which is certainly appealing for home use. Resistance is adjustable, and the motion is smooth, making it a great rowing machine in most regards, although it tends to cost more.
Top 10 list of rowing machines in Germany (February 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their rowing machines rank and which rowing machine is the best.
- Quality: The safety of the rowing machine is tested according to EN ISO 20957-1/EN…
- Details: Comfortable rowing seat with ball bearings, high-quality aluminium roller…
- Heart rate monitor: Accurate and constant pulse measurement is carried out with uncoded…
- Model HS-030R Boost, Device Weight: 26.1 kg/29.2 kg, Flywheel Mass: 9.5 kg, Maximum…
- Very quiet operation thanks to the covered flywheel and magnetic brakes.
- The popular rowing machine is available in two colours!
- Sturdy and safe and secure – The high-quality aluminium track rail and the…
- Individual resistance – different for personal fitness can be set to the magnetic…
- Compact and mobile mounts to the built-in transport wheels you can move the Ruder…
- Assembly dimensions (L x W x H): 1935 x 440 x 840 mm. Max. user weight up to 120…
- Wide program with 12 pre-programmed training modes + 4 x HRC function for heart rate…
- Permanent magnetic brake system with 16 resistance level computer-controlled. Particularly…
- Indoor rowing is an effective full-body, low-impact workout. Flywheel design minimizes…
- Drinks Bottle/phone holder for high multimedia, entertainment
- Integrated wheels for easy transportation and lightweight for convenient transpo…
- With premium aluminium slide with ball-bearing mounted comfort seat
- 'Detailed functions see product description at the bottom of the page:
- Lesser machines tangle not with this superior Skulling rowing
- German designed, Built – The Market Leading engineering to German TÜV…
- Electrical resistance: yes.
- Magnetic field resistance: no.
- Water resistance: no.
- First-class quality, attractive design - made in Germany.
- Includes performance monitor to display training relevant data.
- Space-saving, can be stowed upright.
- MOBILE: Support with transport wheels and folding function, it is easy to carry…
- Innovative drive: rowing training as natural as it can. The feeling of training on…
- Computer: the clear display of the training computer has an integrated performance…
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/02/21 14:14. o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best rowing machines