Review10Best compares the best school backpacks in Germany and nominates the one from herlitz as the best backpack. In our school backpacks review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different backpacks and follow our recommendation on which school backpack to buy in Germany in 2019. With the backpack comparison, you can be sure to buy the best school backpack on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate school backpack buying guide
- View our school backpack picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about school backpacks
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Buying the best school backpack requires a few considerations. There are so many different sizes, shapes, and styles to choose that it isn’t always a case of buying the first thing you see. In fact, taking the time to think about what you require from the backpack should mean you get a great product that lasts throughout the school year. Check the buying guide below for how to choose the best school backpacks:
What are school backpacks?
A school backpack is a backpack designed to be worn to school, college, or university. While not too different from a conventional backpack, school backpacks are often designed to hold a variety of school supplies, including books, ballpoint pens, highlighter pens and scientific calculators. Because people go to school at various ages, school backpacks are usually designed to target specific age demographics.
Why should you buy a good school backpack?
The best school backpacks are practical, allowing students to carry many different items throughout the school day. They tend to have more space than a regular backpack, and often come with different compartments for holding school supplies - and sometimes a laptop for studying. It is more durable than most bags, too. School backpacks are also great for younger children going to school. For instance, preschool backpacks are small enough to fit most kids that age, while they usually come with fun and colorful designs.
How to choose the right school backpack?
To ensure you find the best school backpack for you or your child’s needs, there are a few things to consider:
- Capacity: This is an important thing to think about as you want the backpack to have enough space for the all the necessary school supplies. This will differ from each person, as not everyone requires that much space. For instance, a children’s school backpack won’t need as large a capacity as a backpack for high school or college.
- Materials: There is no single best material for a school backpack, just as long as it is strong and durable you should be fine. Make sure you avoid anything that looks or feels cheap, as it will likely mean the backpack is going to rip or burst. Also, consider investing in waterproof materials to ensure the nothing gets ruined on rainy days.
- Compartments: A school backpack with a single compartment may fit for younger children, but most other people will want something with a few compartments. This helps to better organize supply materials, while things like water bottle compartments may be quite useful.
- Fit: Always make sure a school backpack fits properly, otherwise carrying it on around on the back all day gets quite uncomfortable. It should evenly distribute weight and not feel too heavy when filled, so be sure to check that it fits and offers suitable support.
What is the best kind of school backpack in Germany?
There are several types of great school backpacks, all offering their own advantages. Here are some of the most popular kinds of backpacks for school:
- Traditional Backpack: The most popular backpack design features two straps worn over each shoulder, both of which can be adjusted for different levels of support. There is one large compartment that holds most of the items, while some feature additional pockets at the sides and fronts to carry smaller supplies.
- Messenger Bags: A messenger bag features a single strap worn over the shoulder, with the bag hanging either at the side or lower back of the wearer. They tend to be smaller than traditional backpacks but are often viewed as a more stylish option.
- Laptop Backpacks: A backpack designed to hold a laptop, they usually come with a similar design to a traditional backpack. The main difference is there is a padded compartment designed for safely storing a tablet or laptop, which is certainly handy for anyone taking these devices to school.
Top 10 list of school backpacks in Germany (July 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their school backpacks rank and which backpack is the best.
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/07/22 14:50 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best school backpacks