The best slow cookers make cooking meals easy and convenient. A useful appliance for any kitchen, slow cookers are versatile yet simple to use, allowing a wide range of meals to be prepared with minimal effort. Also, a good slow cooker doesn’t cost that much making it a great budget buy, while costlier slow cookers are also a great option if you want a wider array of functions.
Check out the buying guide below for how to choose the best slow cooker:
What are slow cookers?
A slow cooker - also known as Crock-Pot - is a countertop cooking appliance used to prepare a variety of meals, usually by simmering at low temperatures. By cooking a much lower temperature than other methods such as boiling or frying, a slow cooker can be left alone to cook food for several hours.
Why should you buy a good slow cooker?
The best slow cookers are very convenient, making them a fine investment for many. By allowing food to be left for hours unattended as it slow cooks, you can make plenty of meals without constantly monitoring them in the kitchen.
Furthermore, a good slow cooker is very effective when used with cheap ingredients like vegetables and low-cost cuts of meat, allowing you to prepare inexpensive yet delicious meals. From stews to soups to roasted meats, it’s possible to cook a huge range of meals with little effort, making a slow cooker a very worthwhile investment.
How to choose the right slow cooker?
Choosing the best slow cooker requires some thought and consideration to ensure you get the perfect appliance for your needs. Here are some things to think about when buying a slow cooker: S
- Size: The size of a slow cooker is important as it impacts how large of a meal it prepares. For individuals or couples, a small slow cooker with a small capacity should be fine, while families with upwards of 4 people should look for a large slow cooker with a larger capacity. It’s often a good idea to go for a bigger size slow cooker, as most recipes are designed to feed several people.
- Shape: There are typically two slow cooker shapes available, either oval or round. Oval slow cookers are the best option for cooking large cuts of meat. Round slow cookers are a great choice for most other meals, such as stews, curries and chili.
- Functions: A good slow cooker doesn’t need more than the basic functions such as low/high-temperature settings, but many have additional functions that may be useful. For instance, searing is ideal for preparing meats in the slow cooker and for sautéing vegetables, while programmable controls allow for even more precise control over what you make.
What is the best kind of slow cooker in Germany?
There are a few choices available when it comes to types of slow cookers, any of which may be ideal for your needs. In the following, we list the best-selling slow cookers:
- Stainless Steel Slow Cookers: Among the most common and best-priced slow cookers, those made from stainless steel are very easy to clean and highly durable. This type of slow cooker is typically a manual one with a few heat settings, helping to make it low-cost yet still great for cooking. The inner pot of the slow cooker is made of stainless steel, making it very similar to a standard cooking pot, while the outer pot has a nice finish to it as well.
- Programmable Slow Cookers: Newer slow cookers are often programmable with various features that make them even more versatile than conventional slow cookers. For instance, programmable slow cookers let you adjust the cooking temperatures rather than being pre-set, offering even more control over the meals you cook.
Top 10 list of slow cookers in Germany 2024
The bestseller list compares brands and their slow cookers. Which slow cooker is the best?
- Bowl and lid dishwasher-safe: for easy cleaning. Pot suitable as a serving bowl
- 2 temperature settings offer greater flexibility
- Great for stews, curries, chili, soups, braised roasts and even desserts
- Surface made of high-quality brushed stainless steel, 145 watts
- Dishwasher safe glass lid to track the cooking process, lid holder
- Removable ceramic cooking pot for easy cleaning
- Whether you're for a small round cooking or for large parties – with a…
- With recipes
- Dishwasher safe stoneware pot with lid
- 3 temperature settings – high, low and warm function for delicious dishes,…
- Ceramic bowl with 3.5 litre capacity - ideal for couples and small families. Removable…
- BOWL AND LID ARE DISHWASHER SUITABLE FOR EASY CLEANING.
- Slow cooker including ceramic inner pot, glass lid and German instructions. Electric…
- Removable ceramic inner pot, saves energy compared to the oven, non-slip feet: ensure…
- Capacity: 1.42 litres 3 heat settings (low, strong, keeping warm) Robust stainless…
- User manual with tips and cooking recipes
- Serve straight from the removable, oven and dishwasher safe inner pot.
- Automatic warming function
- Included components; rice cooker, glass lid, spoon, measuring cup, instruction manual…
- Dishwasher safe glass lid to watch the cooking process, anti-slip feet, indicator…
- 3 temperature settings: Fast to set cooking temperature (55 °C to 90 °C),…
- 6.0 litre capacity (Max. 8 portions)
- Cool touch handles, digital program selection & timer
- Durable cast aluminium housing (the multicooker has been tested in the dishwasher…
- Includes steamer basket and roasting rack, 6.5 litre capacity, 750 watts
- 6.5 litre capacity (for 6 portions and more), large and insulated handles, 350 W…
- Removable, dishwasher safe ceramic saucepan, lockable, dishwasher safe glass lid…
- Maximum adjustable operating time: with temperature sensor (99 hours, 59 minutes),…
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best slow cookers, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update: 2023/12/09.