Review10Best compares the best smartwatches in Germany and nominates the one from Samsung as the best watch. In our smartwatches review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different watches and follow our recommendation on which smartwatch to buy in Germany in 2019. With the watch comparison, you can be sure to buy the best smartwatch on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate smartwatch buying guide
- View our smartwatch picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to watches
- Watch recommended videos about smartwatches
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Smartwatches are becoming increasingly popular with consumers. Capable of offering a range of helpful functions, these mobile devices are going to be a mainstay in the future, giving even more reason to buy one now!
Finding the best smartwatch for your needs can be difficult however, as there is an overwhelming choice of products available. Plus, given how new the technology is, not everyone is aware of what to look for in a smartwatch. Check out this buying guide for all the info you need to buy a great smartwatch
What are smartwatches?
A smartwatch is a mobile device designed to be worn around the wrist. While it closely resembles a wristwatch, it has the features and functions akin to a smartphone, just on a more compact scale. They perform a wide range of tasks, including calculations, time telling, translation, fitness tracking, and even playing games.
Essentially, the best smartwatches are wearable computer devices using mobile operating systems and applications.
Why should you buy a good smartwatch?
While relatively new, smartwatches have a long future ahead of them, providing a range of benefits to the modern person. For example, they connect directly to a smartphone to provide notifications directly to the watch, which saves you time checking your phone (and getting distracted as you do so!). As they work similarly to a smartphone, there are a range of apps that can make your life much easier and possibly healthier. For instance, fitness tracking is a big selling point for smartwatches, allowing to check your fitness levels and performances.
These are just a few examples of the many benefits on offer, most of which will improve over time.
How to choose the right smartwatch?
Choosing the best smartwatch is much easier if you know what to look for in a device. Here are some things to consider:
- Compatibility: You want a smartwatch that is compatible with an appropriate smartphone. For instance, Apple Watches only work with iPhones, and while Samsung smartwatches connect to iPhones and Android smartphones, although these have devices have more features available when used with Samsung mobile phones. Be sure to think about your current smartphone before buying a smartwatch, as it ensures you get the most out of each device.
- Interface: The best smartwatches are often viewed as those with LED touchscreen interfaces, but this isn’t necessarily the case. While certainly a cool interface, it’s sometimes difficult to control touchscreen smartwatches, so you may want to consider devices that use buttons, or a combo of buttons and a touchscreen. However, a smartwatch with buttons and a basic interface is going to be much cheaper, while their functions may remain just as useful.
- Features: There is a huge range of features available on every smartwatch, so it’s important to think about what you want them to include. They all function as a watch first and foremost, while the best smartwatches offer notifications from mobile phones, but beyond this there is a limitless selection. For example, many are designed with fitness in mind, so if you are buying a smartwatch to help get in shape and stay healthy, then be sure to look for devices with features that are fitness focused, including things like GPS tracking and heart-rate monitors.
What is the best kind of smartwatch in Germany?
There are countless types of smartwatches to choose from, but they can be put into the following categories:
- Fitness Smartwatches: These are designed with fitness in mind, offering a range of features and functions for tracking fitness and vital levels. A popular choice among professional athletes, they can track steps, distance travelled, monitor your vitals, and provide data for analysing performances.
- GPS Smartwatches: Perfect for navigating, these smartwatches display maps, offer orientation and co-ordinates, and mark locations when on the move. All of this is done by using GPS, which is one of the main features included in the watch.
- Kids Smartwatches: A great smartwatch for kids, the come with basic functions but have a cool interface and include many educational apps and games. Very affordable and a great way to introduce children to mobile technology.
Top 10 list of smartwatches in Germany (July 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their smartwatches rank and which watch is the best.
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/07/20 17:31 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Other reviews related to watches
Recommended Video about the best smartwatches