Review10Best compares the best tablets in Germany and nominates the one from Samsung as the best tablet. In our tablets review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different tablets and follow our recommendation on which tablet to buy in Germany in 2019. With the tablet comparison, you can be sure to buy the best tablet on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate tablet buying guide
- View our tablet picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about tablets
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Tablets have become a household staple in recent years, becoming one of the most popular mobile devices on the market. The best tablet has a lot to offer, namely its portability and user-friendly interface. Tablets have become very affordable in recent years, thus you can find a great tablet in every price range.
What are tablets?
A tablet is compact and lightweight touchscreen computer not too dissimilar to smartphone devices. The iPad is perhaps the most well-known tablet and can be credited for their rise in popularity, as now many of the top tech companies produce their own take on the tablet.
Why should you buy a good tablet?
The best tablets out there provide quick and easy access to the internet while boasting a very attractive design. Their touchscreen capabilities make them very easy to use, and most come with a simple interface that make them suitable for people that aren’t too great with computers. They’re also very portable, making them fantastic for using on the go, whether you want to browse the web, read an eBook, or even watch some videos. Simply put, a tablet is great for the average internet user, as well as being very appealing to both younger and older users.
How to choose the right tablet?
To find the best tablet for your needs, there are few things to consider before making your purchase. While buying the cheapest tablet available may seem like a good idea, it may not be the best idea as cheaper models often have limitations that make them far less useful than the best tablets. Here are a few things to consider before buying one:
- Operating System: Possibly the first thing you should think about is what operating system you want for your tablet. This will impact how the tablet functions and the general interface, along with the types of apps and games available. Apple’s iOS, the same found on iPhones, is the exclusive operating system for iPads. Android OS is found in a many more devices such as those manufactured by Samsung, Sony, Asus and Google. Windows is also available for Microsoft tablets, such as the popular Surface device.
- Screen Size: The size of the tablet is one of the most important things to consider when buying, so be sure to know what size is best for you. Small screens are around 7 inches or smaller and can easily fit into the palm of your hand, making them best suited for web browsing and reading eBooks. Screens up to 9 inches offer a larger screen, making them easier to read and better for videos while remaining lightweight. Anything larger than 9 inches can be considered quite large, so these screens are great for watching movies, playing games, and reading too. They’re often the most powerful thanks to the additional space for hardware.
- Storage Space: The best tablet products tend to carry much larger storage space, which will be needed to store things such as music, video, photos and app data. Entry-level tablets will have the least amount of storage space, usually between 8 and 16GB, while higher end models provide anywhere between 32 to 128GB. Consider your budget and how much you intend to store on the device, as the more space you need the more expensive it will be.
What is the best kind of tablet in Germany?
There’s no standard set for which is the best tablet type, as every individual will have their personal preferences. Despite being a relatively new type of hardware, there are a fair few types of tablets to choose from:
- Slate Tablet: The best all-round tablet and the one that most are familiar with. These are great for general use as they are a decent size range and offer a wide range of features. The popular Samsung Galaxy and iPad devices are an example of slate tablets.
- Mini Tablet: As the name suggests, mini tablets are much smaller and compact than the slate tablet. Their screen size is therefore smaller and they have less power than your standard tablet, although they are also the best-priced models.
- Convertible Tablet: A hybrid between tablets and laptops, 2-in-1 tablets come with a detachable keyboard and ports that make them far better for work, studying, and content creation. Compared to other tablets, these are the best for doing anything beyond basic media consumption.
Top 10 list of tablets in Germany (May 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their tablets rank and which tablet is the best.
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/05/26 23:35 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best tablets