Review10Best compares the best telescopes in Germany and nominates the one from AOMEKIE as the best telescope. In our telescopes review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different telescopes and follow our recommendation on which telescope to buy in Germany in 2019. With the telescope comparison, you can be sure to buy the best telescope on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate telescope buying guide
- View our telescope picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about telescopes
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Buying a telescope can feel like a daunting prospect. Without any knowledge on the subject, choosing the best telescopes is rarely easy, to it can help to know what to look for and what options are available.
Looking to buy the best telescope possible? Then check out the handy buying guide below:
What are telescopes?
A telescope is an optical instrument used to view distant objects. They work by using a specific arrangement of lenses or mirrors - or a combination of both - to gather light rays. These rays are then focused and magnified, allowing the user to view distant objects, such as stars, planets, and even galaxies.
Why should you buy a good telescope?
The best telescopes offer a truly incredible view of distant objects. This makes them great for stargazing and similar hobbies, while they can be very educational when used by children. Learning about the solar system from a young age is a great way to stir an interest in science, although a good telescope can be enjoyed by people of all ages.
How to choose the right telescope?
Choosing a good telescope is not always easy, as such complex pieces of equipment can be hard to understand. Here are some things to consider that can make it easier to buy a great telescope:
- Aperture: This refers to the diameter of the mirror or lens inside the telescope, and is one of the most important things to consider. A general rule of thumb is the best telescopes have the biggest aperture, as it allows more light through, making it possible to see fainter objects. Always go for as much aperture that you budget allows.
- Focal Length: While not as important as aperture, all great telescopes have a longer focal length included. This is because objects appear much larger, so it is always a good idea to get a telescope with a sizeable focal length.
- Magnification: This relates directly to focal length as well as the eyepiece of the telescope. Again, the bigger the better, as more magnification means larger images that are easier to see. Eyepieces can be easily upgraded in time, so magnification can be improved if you are unsatisfied with it.
- Computer Control: While a more recent feature included in modern telescopes, it’s one that is well worth investing in. The built-in computer control removes the hassle of operating a telescope by automatically positioning it so that the user can see various objects. It’s an especially good feature for beginners that may not be sure of how to find good objects to view, making it easy to track all the best sights.
What is the best kind of telescope in Germany?
There are three main types of telescope to buy, all of which are great for observing, they just happen to use different methods to gather light.
- Refractor Telescope: Perhaps the best telescope for beginners, it comes with an affordable price, simple design, and is easy to use. It features a large lens at the front where the light passes through and into a mirror, which is displayed into the eyepiece.
- Reflector Telescope: This telescope features several mirrors, with one at the front gathering light and passing it through a second mirror at the eyepiece. It’s a better telescope for viewing faint objects, offering exceptional image quality.
- Compound Telescope: A great telescope for taking photographs, it features a mirror and lens at the front, which sends light through a second mirror at the back and into the eyepiece. This produces incredible image quality, also making it suitable for viewing distant objects and objects on earth. Tends to be quite expensive however, so isn’t the best telescope for beginners.
Top 10 list of telescopes in Germany (August 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their telescopes rank and which telescope is the best.
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/08/19 12:54 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best telescopes