Review10Best compares the best waterproof sprays in Germany and selects the one by Solitaire as the best waterproof spray. In a waterproof spray buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different waterproof sprays and see a recommendation on which waterproof spray to buy in Germany in 2021. By considering the top list of waterproof sprays, you can find the best waterproof sprays and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate waterproof spray buying guide
- View the waterproof spray picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
The best waterproof sprays make it easier to protect your belongings from water, making it must-have for all kinds of outdoor activities. That said, with so many products that use a wide array of formulas, knowing what waterproof spray is best for your needs is not always obvious. To help you finding the best waterproof sprays, we have created a handy buying guide. It covers all the information you need to know including what they are, how to choose the right one, and what types are available.
What are waterproof sprays?
A waterproof spray is a product used to treat fabrics to make them resistant to water. Commonly used on outdoor gear like jackets, tents, and hiking boots, waterproof sprays have become more widely used by people looking to protect their footwear from water damage. While the formula varies from each product, good waterproof sprays use a liquid fluoropolymer to cover the fabric with a protective seal that repels water, preventing it from getting soaked from water.
Why should you buy a good waterproof spray?
The best waterproof sprays can protect clothing, footwear, and other materials from being saturated with water. This makes it a fantastic investment for all kinds of situations, most notably camping or hiking trips, although many people use them to protect their everyday footwear from rain.
By protecting materials from water, the spray helps to keep you dry and comfortable, which is a huge advantage for anyone spending time outdoors. Moreover, the spray protects your belongings too, preventing common problems from water like staining and discolouration.
How to choose the right waterproof spray?
Not sure what to look for in the best waterproof spray? Here are some things to consider:
- Drying Time: The drying time of the spray can vary significantly from each product, so always make sure to check this before you buy. The last thing you want is to buy a spray you think dries instantly only to discover it takes several hours. Drying times vary from under an hour to overnight, with those taking longer often being the most water-resistant.
- Uses: It helps to think about what you are using the spray on to help find a suitable product. For example, some sprays are designed for tents and outdoor clothing while others are designed for fashion footwear, and some can be used on all kinds of products. Be sure to check what the waterproof spray is recommended for before you buy it!
- Materials: Not all waterproof sprays work with every material, so make sure to clarify if it is compatible with whatever you are using. For example, waterproof sprays designed for coats and jackets may not be compatible with the materials used in trainers or boots, so you need to check to see whether the spray is suitable for the material.
- Durability: Not all sprays have the same duration, which is why you must check how long the spray lasts and whether it is enough for your needs. For example, strong waterproof sprays designed for tents can last several months, while those for clothes and footwear usually only last a few weeks at most.
What is the best kind of waterproof spray in Germany?
There are two main types of waterproof sprays available to buy:
- Water-Based Waterproof Sprays: This type of waterproof spray is water-based, usually being the best type of spray for clothes and footwear. The durability is not quite the level of silicone-based sprays but it still lasts for a good length of time when applied to clothing and footwear.
- Silicone-Based Waterproof Sprays: This type of spray features silicone to provide an extra strong protective layer across the material. This is best used for outdoor gear like backpacks, tents, and anything made from heavy-duty materials.
Top 10 list of waterproof sprays in Germany (October 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their waterproof sprays. Which waterproof spray is the best?
- Application: very easy and practical to use. Keep the spray head with a distance…
- Quality: the waterproofing spray is a German quality product with the quality mark…
- Ecologically optimised: to love the environment, the Impregnol waterproofing spray…
- Eco Passport by Oeko-Tex and V-label certified. Spray tests according to DIN EN ISO…
- GOTS-approved additive.
- Breathability remains / high abrasion resistance.
- Made in Germany and Dermatest: All GreenHero products are made in Germany. Our waterproofing…
- Safe for the environment: Our waterproofing spray does not contain propellant gas…
- Immediate effect. Breathability is not affected. Impregnation is immediately active…
- Protection for up to 15 rainy days
- Acts like a fabric seal and thus offers protection against water, snow and salt
- The waterproofing spray forms a seal, has a dirt-repellent effect
- Designed and made in Germany.
- Recommended for Gore-Tex clothing.
- No heat activation required.
- Certified: Carrier of the Eco Passport by Oeko-Tex (18.0.49348 Hohenstein HTTI),…
- Excellent skin compatibility: the skin compatibility of our shoe impregnation has…
- Increases the life of your shoes: simprax not only protects your shoes from water,…
- High performance – waterproofing spray with deep protection for smooth lea…
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best waterproof sprays, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a waterproof spray test. Last Update: 2021/10/19.