Review10Best compares the best white teas in Germany and selects the one by GEPA as the best tea. In a white tea buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different teas and see a recommendation on which white tea to buy in Germany in 2021. By considering the top list of teas, you can find the best white teas and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate white tea buying guide
- View the white tea picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to teas
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Looking to try the best white tea that money buy? You certainly aren’t spoilt for choice, with countless white tea options available to buy, which can make choosing one a little overwhelming. To help you find that perfect white tea, check out the buying guide below, which has all the info you need to know about delicious tasting white tea!
What are white teas?
White tea is a beverage made from the dried leaves of a tea plant, known as the Camellia Sinensis. It differs from other types of tea due to the minimal processing of the plant, with the unopened buds and the first few shoots used to make the tea. When brewed, white tea produces an elegant and refined flavour not too dissimilar to green tea, with the minimal processing retaining much of the original leaf flavour that is often lacking in black tea.
Why should you buy a good white tea?
The best white tea tastes incredible. It doesn’t need to be mixed with milk or sugar, as brewing the white tea leaves in hot water produces more than enough flavour. While both the flavour and aroma are a treat for the senses, white tea also offers many benefits, such as being packed with antioxidants.
How to choose the right white tea?
If you’ve never tried good white tea before choosing one can be difficult, so consider some of the following things to help you find something to your liking:
- Location: White tea is traditionally grown in the Fujian province of China yet the plant is cultivated in various locations around the world, so always check where it is grown for as it has a great impact on the flavour. For instance, Silver Needle white tea that is handpicked in Fujian is usually considered the best tasting, although that doesn’t mean those grown elsewhere aren’t worth trying.
- Colour: You can determine the quality of white tea by checking the leaves. Those with bright silver tones tend to have the best taste, with darker grey hues not offering the same quality taste, so always have a look at the tea before you buy.
- Freshness: Both fresh and aged white tea leaves are available, with each one offering a unique flavour. For example, fresh Silver Needle white tea is very light with a strong sweet aroma, producing a refreshing taste that many enjoy. Aged Silver Needle is much smoother and mellow, often highlighted with a note of honey.
What is the best kind of white tea in Germany?
There are many types of white tea you can buy. Usually, the best white teas are produced in one of the following growing areas:
- Silver Needle Tea: Widely considered the best white tea, Silver Needle is grown exclusively in the Fujian province of China. It’s made just from the buds of the tea plant and is traditionally handpicked, making it one of the most expensive white teas.
- White Peony Tea: Made from the first leaves of the plant, White Peony has a much more powerful flavour than Silver Needle, with the brewed tea also appearing much darker due to slight oxidization during the processing of the leaves.
- Ceylon Tea: A white tea exclusively grown in Sri Lanka, it has a much more delicate flavour that is punctuated with pleasant floral and creams.
Top 10 list of white teas in Germany (June 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their white teas. Which tea is the best?
- In the Box of 6 are 6 different ErblühTeesorten included
- The Creano Glass Teapot (14206.52 fl oz) (500 ml) and the cups are specially designed…
- The white tea, one of the finest teas the world. can withstand very long Ziehzeiten…
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best teas, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a white tea test. Last Update: 2021/06/21.
Other reviews related to teas