Review10Best compares the best wood burning stoves in Germany and selects the one by THERMIA as the best wood burning stove. In a wood burning stove buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different wood burning stoves and see a recommendation on which wood burning stove to buy in Germany in 2022. By considering the top list of wood burning stoves, you can find the best wood burning stoves and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate wood burning stove buying guide
- View the wood burning stove picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Looking for the best wood burning stove for your home? It’s a great investment, bringing warmth and style to any room, while also being a cost-effective way to stay warm during the colder months.
However, finding the best wood stoves can be difficult unless you know what to look for, so check out this handy buying guide for all the info you need to find a great stove for your home.
What are wood burning stoves?
A wood burning stove is a home heating appliance that burns wood as a fuel source. While designs vary, it typically consists of a metal firebox and one or two vents for air control, while being are connected to a ventilation pipe to funnel out the smoke.
Why should you buy a good wood burning stove?
The best wood burning stoves let you heat your house for a low price, helping to keep energy bills down while cutting back on your carbon footprint, with wood logs producing very low carbon emissions. Moreover, a great wood stove makes a fantastic addition to any room. It can act as a focal point of the décor, with various styles and materials available to match most homes.
Plus, because the stove produces radiant heat, it will heat a room much quicker than electric or central heating, making it a great addition to your home heating system.
How to choose the right wood burning stove?
Not sure what to look for in a good wood burning stove? Here are some things to think about:
- Heat Output: You need to ensure that the wood stove produces enough heat to warm the room it is being installed in. Outputs are measured in kW and you need 1kW for every 14m³ of space in a room, so simply measure the room size (length x width x height) and divide by 14 to see how much you need.
- Fuel: While wood burning stoves obviously use wood for fuel, there are variations called multi-fuel stoves that can use wood and other fuel sources like coal. A standard wood stove may be fine for your needs if you have good access to wood logs, otherwise, multi-fuel stoves may be more economical for your home, with coals being more widely available.
- Location: Think carefully where the wood burner is going to ensure that you choose a suitable model. A freestanding model is the most versatile as it can be installed almost anywhere, while there are also inset models that fit into an old fireplace or flush to the wall, so require a more precise location for installation.
What is the best kind of wood burning stove in Germany?
There are several types of wood burning stoves available, including:
- Freestanding Wood Stove: As the name suggests, they are freestanding so don’t need to be built inside of a chimney breast, giving more placement options throughout the room.
- Inset Wood Stove: These are more like a traditional fireplace, being installed inside of a chimney breast or within a wall, so it will likely require a more extensive installation process if you don’t have an unused fireplace or chimney breast.
- Cassette Wood Stove: This type of stove is like an inset, with the main difference being it’s usually installed flush to the wall rather than into it. Typically installed within a closed hearth, allowing it to be placed at different levels on the wall.
Top 10 list of wood burning stoves in Germany (May 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their wood burning stoves. Which wood burning stove is the best?
- Meets 2nd stage of the BImSchV German regulation:
- Memory stone cladding.
- Large viewing window.
- - Device dimensions: width = 845 mm, depth = 636 mm, height = 838 mm, oven dimensions…
- - Rated power: 8 kW - Efficiency: 83.7% - CO emission at 13% O2: 0.09% (< 1250…
- - Body black, side panel red enamelled - large logs possible (across to approx. 50…
- Manual air regulation, fully blended warming compartment
- Energy efficiency class A+ with a nominal heat output of 7kW and an efficiency of…
- Type 1 (self-closing door) therefore also approved for multiple occupations
- Optionally available are storage stones that can be integrated into the fireplace…
- Large panoramic door with semi-circular viewing window, integrated wooden compartment…
- Modern round fireplace with type 1 (self-closing door), approved for multiple us…
- Erf. Flow pressure at nominal heat output: 12 Pa / medium. CO content of exhaust…
- Exhaust temperature: 325.6 °C
- Approved fuels: wood and wood briquettes
- Type 2 - The oven has no self-closing door
- Dimensions: 33 x 36 x 82 cm. Weight: approx. 38 kg. Nominal heat output: 6.5 kW.…
- The Lava Basic fireplace complies with the BImSchV level 2 regulation and can be…
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best wood burning stoves, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a wood burning stove test. Last Update: 2022/05/18.