Review10Best compares the best floor jacks in Italy and selects the one by MICHELIN as the best floor jack. In a floor jack buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different floor jacks and see a recommendation on which floor jack to buy in Italy in 2021. By considering the top list of floor jacks, you can find the best floor jacks and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate floor jack buying guide
- View the floor jack picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
When it comes to vehicle maintenance, you’ll want the best floor jack available for added safety and convenience. However, choosing a good floor jack can be difficult if you are unsure of what to look for, which is where this handy buying guide is here to help! You’ll find all the info you need to know about floor jacks and how to find the best garage jack for your needs.
What are floor jacks?
A floor jack, commonly called a car jack or garage jack, is a mechanical device used to lift vehicles from the ground. Jacks are designed to lift massive weights of vehicles to provide access below for maintenance, repairs or modifications, usually coming with a maximum rate weighting ranging from one to several tons.
Why should you buy a good floor jack?
While a floor jack is usually associated with car mechanics, you don’t need to be a professional to find use from these handy devices. For instance, if you are a car enthusiast that likes to tinker and modify their vehicle, then a great floor jack will serve you well, making it quick and effortless to get access beneath the car.
Perhaps the most common reason to buy a floor jack is in case you get a flat car tyre. Jacks are useful for changing tyres as you can quickly raise the vehicle from the ground, saving a lot of time and effort when changing a tyre outside.
How to choose the right floor jack?
If you aren’t sure what to look for in a garage jack, think about some of the following factors to help you find the best floor jacks:
- Weight Capacity: Car jacks come with a maximum weight capacity that indicates how heavy a vehicle they can lift. So, you want to work out how heavy your car is (it’s easy to find online or in the user manual) and then choose a jack with a suitable weight capacity. Most vehicles fall under the 2 tons range, with SUVs, trucks, and larger vehicles usually weighing upwards of 3 tons.
- Height Capacity: As the floor jack must slide under the vehicle and then lift it upwards, you need to consider the maximum and minimum weight capacities to ensure its suitable for your vehicle. Check your car’s ground clearance (i.e. the base of the tyre to the base of the vehicle) and make sure the minimum height can fit this while checking that the maximum height gives enough free space to work when the car is lifted.
- Portability: Floor jacks can be very heavy, although this isn’t much of an issue if you’re using it exclusively in your garage, in which case it’s a good idea to get one with a set of wheels for easier manoeuvrability. If you’re storing it in the car to change tyre, then a lightweight and more portable model is recommended.
What is the best kind of floor jack in Italy?
Here are the two main types of floor jacks that you can buy:
- Single Pump Floor Jack: Most floor jacks are of this kind. Single pump means that one pump is used to increase the oil pressure and provide the car jack with the lifting motion. It’s the most affordable jack but does require some effort to pump the jack.
- Double Pump Floor Jack: Includes two pumps to make the pumping action faster and less strenuous, albeit more expensive, too.
Top 10 list of floor jacks in Italy (June 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their floor jacks. Which floor jack is the best?
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best floor jacks, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a floor jack test. Last Update: 2021/06/23.