Review10Best compares the best moisturizers in Italy and selects the one by Cetaphil as the best moisturizer. In a moisturizer buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different moisturizers and see a recommendation on which moisturizer to buy in Italy in 2021. By considering the top list of moisturizers, you can find the best moisturizers and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate moisturizer buying guide
- View the moisturizer picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to moisturizers
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Finding the best moisturizer can be difficult. There is a near-endless selection of products to choose from, all of which cater to different skin types and conditions, so knowing what moisturizer is best suited to your unique requirements is often a case of trial and error.
However, with a little bit of knowledge, it’s easy to understand what moisturizing products best suit your needs, so check out this handy buying guide for all the info you need.
What are moisturizers?
Moisturizer is a type of skincare product known as an emollient. Available in lotions, creams, and ointments, moisturizers are applied to the skin to provide protection and added moisture. In this way, the best moisturizers are mimicking the natural function of sebum in healthy skin.
Why should you buy a good moisturizer?
There is a common misconception that only people with dry skin need to use a moisturizer - almost anyone could and should use this skincare product! Our skin naturally dries throughout the day, whether after a hot shower or stepping into the cold outdoor weather, in which case a good moisturizer can rehydrate the skin to leave it looking and feeling better.
Moreover, regular use of quality moisturizer helps to combat signs of aging, with moisturised skin looking young and supple for longer, especially when it combined with an SPF to reduce UV damage. Also, people with sensitive skin conditions find great relief from moisturizer, which can help reduce itchiness, inflammation, and dry patches.
How to choose the right moisturizer?
Like any cosmetic product, finding the best moisturizer can take some time as there are simply so many options available. To help narrow the selection, here are some things to look for in a good moisturizer:
- Skin Type: Moisturizers cater to different skin types, with the formulas differing depending on what the skin needs, so always identify your skin type to ensure you choose a suitable product. For example, moisturizer for dry skin is usually much thicker to help alleviate dry patches, while people with oily skin benefit from moisturizers with low oil content.
- Area of Application: Always consider where you are using the moisturizer to ensure you buy an appropriate product. For instance, because facial skin is thinner and more sensitive to body skin it requires a different moisturizer than the rest of the body, so always think where need to use the moisturizer. It’s usually good to have a separate product for your face and body.
- Skin Conditions: If you have certain skin conditions then be mindful of what moisturizer you select. For example, people with acne or skin prone to breakouts should use lightweight products that feature fewer ingredients, such as a moisturizing lotion that contains hyaluronic acid.
What is the best kind of moisturizer in Italy?
Here are some of the main types of moisturizer currently available:
- Humectant Moisturizer: A great moisturizer for most skin types, humectant products work especially well on oily skin, with the formula being absorbed very quickly to the water in the skin for improved hydration.
- Emollient Moisturizer: Typically sold in cream form, emollient moisturizers are some of the most common and work by filling in gaps throughout the skin. It offers exceptional protection from dehydration, making it possibly the best moisturizer for dry skin.
- Occlusive Moisturizer: Most ointment moisturizers are occlusive, providing a thick protective layer across the skin, resulting in a thick and often oily residue when applied. It’s a great choice for aged skin but not suitable for sensitive skin.
Top 10 list of moisturizers in Italy (June 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their moisturizers. Which moisturizer is the best?
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best moisturizers, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a moisturizer test. Last Update: 2021/06/23.
Other reviews related to moisturizers