Review10Best compares the best nursing pillows in Italy and selects the one by Niimo as the best nursing pillow. In a nursing pillow buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different nursing pillows and see a recommendation on which nursing pillow to buy in Italy in 2022. By considering the top list of nursing pillows, you can find the best nursing pillows and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate nursing pillow buying guide
- View the nursing pillow picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
The best nursing pillow ensures you and your baby remain comfortable as the newborn is being fed, so it’s well worth taking the time to find a great product that fits your needs. However, with so many options available, choosing a great nursing pillow is often easier said than done. To help with the buying process, check out this handy guide for all the info you need to find the best breastfeeding pillows for you and your baby:
What are nursing pillows?
A nursing pillow, also called a breastfeeding pillow, is a type of pillow specially designed for use during breastfeeding. While designs vary, the core concept remains the same, which is providing mother and child with ample comfort and support when breastfeeding.
Why should you buy a good nursing pillow?
Any mother breastfeeding her child can benefit from a good nursing pillow. As the pillow raises and supports the baby’s position, the mother doesn’t need to lurch over for long periods during feeding, helping to avoid aches and strains developing around her neck, shoulders and arms. Given how frequently newborn babies need to be fed and how long this process can take, mothers are often left lurching over the baby for prolonged periods as they wait to feed. Rather than sitting in a hunched position, the best nursing pillows bring the baby close for easier feeding while maintaining good posture.
How to choose the right nursing pillow?
Struggling to find a good breastfeeding pillow? Here are some things to look out for when you are buying:
- Shape: Nursing pillows are available in different shapes and any of these may be comfortable for you and the baby. C-shaped pillows are worn around the front of the body and quite popular, although not everyone likes the feeling of this around the midsection. O-shaped pillows go even further round the body, while crescent shapes tend to sit separately from the body, which many prefer.
- Maintenance: Given the many spillages and burping that will take place on and around the pillow, it helps to choose a breastfeeding pillow that is easy to clean. So try to look out for features like removable covers and pillows that can machine wash and dry for added convenience.
- Firmness: As the purpose of the pillow is to support the baby and mother during breastfeeding, it helps to look at the firmness of any pillow to ensure it provides adequate support. Some mothers prefer a lot of firmness to help keep the baby in the natural feeding position while others prefer more give so it forms around their body better. It’s all down to personal preference, just remember that additional firmness usually means better support and fewer aches and pains.
What is the best kind of nursing pillow in Italy?
If you are considering to buy the best nursing pillow, keep the main types in mind that are available to buy:
- C-Shaped Nursing Pillows: Shaped like a C, it fits around the midsection of the mother and will fit most people.
- O-Shaped Nursing Pillows: This is an extension of the C-shaped nursing pillow, going around the entire body. It offers improved lumbar support for the back and will usually sit snuggly in place with a strap.
- Crescent-Shaped Nursing Pillows: Sits in front of the midsection but with almost no wrapping, fitting around just one side of the body.
Top 10 list of nursing pillows in Italy (May 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their nursing pillows. Which nursing pillow is the best?
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best nursing pillows, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a nursing pillow test. Last Update: 2022/05/18.