Review10Best compares the best scales in Italy and selects the one by Rowenta as the best scale. In a scale buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different scales and see a recommendation on which scale to buy in Italy in 2023. By considering the top list of scales, you can find the best scales and save time shopping online.
- Read the ultimate scale buying guide
- View the scale picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to scales
Every household needs a set of good scales - in fact, it probably could do with several types of scales! Given the many things that we need to weight around the home, it makes sense to have a few devices that can measure things of varying weight, but knowing what scale is best for the job can be difficult.
To make things easier, be sure to check out this handy scale buying guide. It covers all the info you need to know about scales and what to look for when buying them to make sure you get the best scale for your needs.
What are scales?
A scale is a device used to measure the weight of something, usually an item or a person. Various types of scales are available, including those meant to weigh heavier masses like weight scales and those designed for lighter weights like kitchen scales.
Why should you buy a good scale?
It’s always worth having a set of scales around the house. There are many instances where you need to measure something accurately and the best scales are a simple way of doing this:
- Kitchen: If you are preparing a meal then kitchen scales are a great device for precisely measuring ingredients to ensure it’s made properly.
- Weight loss: Trying to lose weight? Then a set of bodyweight scales can help by giving accurate readings of your weight at any time, giving you all the info you need to easily monitor your weight loss progress.
- Holiday: Going on holiday and want to make sure that your suitcase is within the allowed weight requirement? Then throw your suitcase onto your bathroom scales and you’ll know exactly how much it weighs.
These are just a few examples of how useful it is to always have a set of scales on standby.
How to choose the right scale?
Here are some things to think about when you are buying the best scales for your home:
- Purpose: Think about what you are using the scales to ensure you select something suitable for your needs. For instance, if its mostly for cooking and baking then a set of digital food scales is a great choice, whereas a bathroom scale is good for checking your weight and weighing other objects like a suitcase.
- Digital or Analogue: Scale readouts are available in digital or analogue so consider what is easier to read. Most people find digital scales better as their readouts are much easier to read, especially when you require more decimal measurements, although analogue scales are much cheaper and tend to last longer.
- Features: Many scales come with additional features that you may find useful, although if you only need to get basic weight measurements then these may be unnecessary and will only increase the price. For example, smart scales have features like weighing history, body fat, muscle mass etc. These can be great for weight loss or weight management by giving you even more data to work with.
What is the best kind of scale in Italy?
There are many types of scales available to buy, any of which may be perfect for your needs!
- Bathroom Scales: A basic scale for measuring your weight, most people store these in their bathroom for quick and easy weighing. You measure weight by standing on the flat platform. They tend to be very affordable and are sold in both digital and analogue.
- Kitchen Scales: Also called food scales, a kitchen scale is used to measure various ingredients when cooking and baking. Most allow you to switch between several measurement options (e.g. milligrams, grams, kilograms).
- Health Scales: This covers more advanced types of bathroom scales used for measuring your body weight, including body mass index scales and body fat scales. These scales provide accurate weight data regarding your body fat, BMI, bone density, water weight etc., making them popular for people looking to lose weight or trying to cultivate body muscle.
- Portable Scales: A small handheld scale that can measure various ingredients in small decimals (usually grams and milligrams). It fits comfortably in a bag for easy use on the go. These are great for travelling with.
Top 10 list of scales in Italy (December 2023)
The bestseller list compares brands and their scales. Which scale is the best?
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best scales, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a scale test. Last Update: 2023/12/01.