Review10Best compares the best toothbrushes in Singapore and nominates the one by Oral-B as the best toothbrush. In our toothbrushes review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different toothbrushes and follow our recommendation on which toothbrush to buy in Singapore in 2020. With the toothbrush comparison, you can be sure to buy the best toothbrush on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate toothbrush buying guide
- View our toothbrush picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about toothbrushes
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
A quality toothbrush is one of the most important tools for maintaining good oral hygiene. Yet there is so much choice out there, that not everyone understands how to choose the best toothbrush for the teeth and brushing habit. Looking to maintain your teeth with the best toothbrush possible? Then look below for the information you need!
What are toothbrushes?
A toothbrush is an instrument used for cleaning teeth, gums, and the tongue. It is specifically designed to aid with brushing in hard to reach areas of the mouth, including a long handle and a brush of tightly packed nylon bristles. Toothbrushes come with many shapes, sizes, and textures, while some have additional features such as a section for cleaning the tongue.
Why should you buy a good toothbrush?
A toothbrush is essential for maintaining health teeth and gums. Those that do not use a toothbrush are at risk for a host of dental issues, including gum disease and cavities, which are caused by plaque and bacteria build-ups.
Additionally, some people have certain dental issues (such as braces) that are made more manageable by using the best toothbrush for their needs.
How to choose the right toothbrush?
Heading into a shop to buy a toothbrush will reveal the staggering amount of choices, making all the more difficult to find the best toothbrush for your personal needs. Here are some important things to think about to find a great toothbrush:
- Head Size: The head of the toothbrush is the most important part, as this is the part that does all the cleaning, so you will want to find something suitable for your teeth. Any head that an inch tall and a half inch wide will be a fine option for most adults, and while it’s possible to get a bigger toothbrush head, it can often make brushing certain areas more difficult.
- Bristles: Any good toothbrush should be made from nylon bristles, but there are varying degrees of firmness available. For instance, a soft nylon bristle is the better choice for most people’s teeth, although this may not be the case depending on how hard you brush. However, it is recommended that you avoid bristles that are too hard, as they can end up causing more damage than good!
- Disposable or electric: The two main choices of toothbrush are electric and disposable. A disposable is the best-priced toothbrush and should be perfectly suitable providing your brushing technique is correct, although many prefer an electric toothbrush as it does most of the brushing for you! Of course, an electric toothbrush is more expensive but can be a more effective form of brushing, providing it uses an oscillation rotation. There are many electric toothbrushes that are as effective as manual brush from a disposable, so be mindful of this!
What is the best kind of toothbrush in Singapore?
There are two main choices when it comes to types of toothbrush, although each of these have many variations of their own that you might find appealing.
- Manual Toothbrush: The most common toothbrush that most people have used at some point, they feature a plastic handle and a head consisting of nylon bristles. Bristle firmness can vary from each manufacturer, while the head comes in various shapes too. The rounded edge rectangle head is probably the most widespread type of head, with other popular choices including a diamond shape.
- Electric Toothbrush: An electric toothbrush comes with a rechargeable battery, which is used to power various types of brush heads. For example, some electric toothbrushes feature a sonic brush head, meaning it vibrates side to side, while spinning brush heads make quick rotations in both directions. As you may expect, this is the most expensive option, but it can be the better toothbrush for people that are short on time to brush as efficiently as the need too. Additionally, some higher end models come with different brushing modes for certain teeth and gum types, such as for sensitive teeth.
Top 10 list of toothbrushes in Singapore (June 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their toothbrushes rank and which toothbrush is the best.
- Polishes away surface stains
- Cleans along the gum line
- Promotes healthy gums
- A small head and ergonomic handle to easily clean hard to reach areas
- Effective enamel cleaning with unique twisting bristles
- Soft tapered bristles on the outside to gently clean gums and sensitive areas
- Oral-B’S Longest Lasting Rechargeable Battery. 12 Days Battery Life (2Min,…
- 6 Cleaning Modes: Daily Clean, Gum Care, Sensitive, Whitening, Tongue Clean And…
- Smart Travel Case
- Compatible with Oral-B rotating brush heads: 1) Cross Action 2) Precision Clean 3)…
- High Speed Oscillating / Rotating Motion. 2 Minute Timer Signals after 2 minutes…
- Advanced Cleaning Technology: Oral-B Ultrathin Brush Head: Cleans hard to reach areas…
- Non-slip feet
- Ventilated for quick drying
- Dismantles for easy cleaning
- Also try your Oral-B Pro-Health Clinical Battery Brush with other Oral-B Replacement…
- Consistent battery performance
- Precision clean brush head delivers a dentist inspired tooth-by-tooth cleaning
- Promotes a lifetime of good brushing skills
- Features real pear and apple flavor
- No fluoride, safe to swallow and no artificial colors or preservatives
- Non-slip handle, comfortable to grip and use.
- Soft bristles will protect your gums from bleeding or scratching.
- Allow you to brush your teeth comfortably, cleaning every tooth and every corner…
- Colors will vary
- Helps remove tooth stains
- Cleaning tip bristles to effectively reach and clean back teeth and between teet…
- Oral-B, The brand more dentists use themselves worldwide
- Gentle on enamel for everyday use
- Remove up to 90% of surface stains with our unique Stain Eraser brush head
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/06/05 17:18 o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best toothbrushes