Review10Best compares the best AV receivers in Spain and selects the one by Aiwa as the best AV receiver. In a AV receiver buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different AV receivers and see a recommendation on which AV receiver to buy in Spain in 2021. By considering the top list of AV receivers, you can find the best AV receivers and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate AV receiver buying guide
- View the AV receiver picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
With the emergence of new entertainment technology, it is easy to assume that the class AV receiver is now non-essential. While soundbars and Bluetooth speakers may dominate the home audio market, any enthusiast will know that the best AV receiver is still a vital component for a high-quality home theatre system.
What are AV receivers?
An audio/video (AV) receiver is part of a home entertainment system that connects all of the outputs components of your entertainment setup (game console, Blu-Ray player, set-top box etc.) and transfers the audio and video signs to the speakers and television. AV receivers are multi-channel amplifiers that literally power the speakers, making it a vital component for any home theatre system involving additional audio equipment.
Why should you buy a good AV receiver?
If you own a speaker system that provides improved audio, then an AV system will be necessary to control and power the speakers. A great AV receiver also allows you to switch between audio and video components, as well as other features such as tuning radio stations. So, if you own a speaker system and want to connect various devices to it order to utilise the improved audio, you will need an AV receiver to connect everything to the speakers and television. Many of the best AV receivers can connect wireless to smartphones and other mobile devices, allowing you to stream wireless audio through your speakers.
How to choose the right AV receiver?
Choosing the best AV receiver for your home theatre can feel overwhelming at first, especially if you have a basic understanding of home audio systems. Many receivers sport endless features and functions, so tying to choose one can feel impossible.
However, not all of these features are even necessary, especially for first-time buyers, so you can easily choose a great receiver by looking for a few key things:
- Inputs: AV receivers come with many inputs that can connect all your devices, but certain types will be needed depending on your current equipment. For instance, HDMI inputs are needed for virtually any modern device, while older equipment such as a record player or home stereo, may require analogue inputs. However, most people will need plenty of HDMI receivers, so always look for this. Plus, the more devices you use the more inputs will be needed, so electronic lovers may need around six inputs.
- Wireless connectivity: Given the increase in wireless devices such as Bluetooth speakers, smartphones and tablets, you may want an AV with wireless capabilities, especially if you want to use your speakers to play audio from your phone (this is great for using streaming services such as Spotify).
- Sound support: As an AV receiver combines various devices to your speakers, you will want a receiver that can connect to the relative setup, with support for 7.1 and 5.1 speaker systems both available.
What is the best kind of AV receiver in Spain?
AV receivers offer a range of inputs and features, with various notable brands leading the market for this product. The likes of Yamaha, Sony, and Marantz are regarded as some of the best AV receiver manufactures. Depending on the type of AV receiver, there will be various functions and features available, some of which will be useful for some, while others are less sought out. Some popular styles of AV receiver currently available include:
- 5.1 AV Receiver – The industry standard for more than 20 years, a 5.1 AV receiver offers fantastic sound quality, especially for smaller-sized rooms. The ‘5’ references the number of speakers it supports, with the five speakers consisting of a centre channel, two front channels (left and right) and two rear channels (left and right). The ‘1’ refers to the single subwoofer used to provide a bass response. Almost every DVD or Blu-Ray provides a 5.1 soundtrack.
- 7.1 AV Receiver – An upgrade on the 5.1 receiver, with the difference being that seven speakers, with an additional two side-channel included with the standard five. This produces a much more comprehensive surround sound experience. An increasing number of Blu-ray and DVDs are supporting 7.1 soundtracks as this type of AV receiver and home theatre setup becomes more popular.
Top 10 list of AV receivers in Spain (August 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their AV receivers. Which AV receiver is the best?
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best AV receivers, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a AV receiver test. Last Update: 2021/08/05.