Review10Best compares the best sunscreens in Spain and selects the one by NIVEA as the best sunscreen. In a sunscreen buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different sunscreens and see a recommendation on which sunscreen to buy in Spain in 2022. By considering the top list of sunscreens, you can find the best sunscreens and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate sunscreen buying guide
- View the sunscreen picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Buying the best sunscreen for your skin is more important than most realize. Even without excessively high temperatures or visible sun, sunscreen is essential for protecting the skin from UV damage, helping to reduce the risk of skin cancer and visible signs of aging.
Yet with such a huge number of products to choose from, it’s not always easy finding the best sunscreen for your skin type. Here’s everything you need to know to help pick the best sunscreens to protect your skin:
What are sunscreens?
Sunscreen refers to a variety of products that absorb or reflect the sun’s ultraviolet radiation, helping to protect against sunburn and other forms of UV damage. They come in many different products, including lotions, sprays, and gels, all of which are applied to any skin that will be exposed to the sun.
Why should you buy a good sunscreen?
The best sunscreen products help to prevent sunburn caused by a type of ultraviolet radiation known as UVB. Sunburn isn’t just very uncomfortable for the skin, but also very dangerous for its long-term health as it increased the chances of developing skin cancer. Not only that, sunscreen is great for promoting healthy and youthful skin by protecting from another form of ultraviolet radiation known as UVA rays. By penetrating deep into the skin, these rays can hasten the aging of skin by causing wrinkles, sagging, and fine lines, making sunscreen a great addition to a skincare regime.
How to choose the right sunscreen?
Knowing the best sunscreens for your skin can be rather difficult when you see how many options are out there, so here are some important things that should make choosing the right sunscreen much easier:
- Sun Protection Factor (SPF): A measurement of UVB protection, you will require a SPF of at least 15 in any sunscreen to get adequate protection from the sun. The SPF scale measures from as low as five and reaching upwards of 50, the latter of which offers the most amount of protection.
- Skin Type: When looking for the best SPF in your sunscreen, you need to consider your skin type first, as fairer skin requires a higher SPF for protection. Similarly, sensitive or dry skin will require specific types of sunscreen, so be sure to recognize your skin type and the appropriate sunscreen (and SPF).
- Age: While adults can use almost any type of sunscreen, children have more specific requirements due to how sensitive their skin is. Also, certain sunscreen ingredients can irritate children’s skin. Accordingly, child-friendly sunscreens should always be used for children aged 6-months and older.
What is the best kind of sunscreen in Spain?
There are a few choices when it comes to types of sunscreen, with each one offering their pros and cons, depending mostly on your skin type:
- Chemical Sunscreen: Chemical sunscreen contains ingredients that absorb the ultraviolet radiation rays. While they traditionally only had ingredients that could absorb UVB rays, newer products feature chemicals that can absorb UVA rays as well. Many people`s skin is sensitive to some of the chemicals commonly found in this sunscreen. It can also take longer to be effective, approx. 20 minutes after application. So be mindful before enjoying the sunbath.
- Physical Sunscreen: The main difference between physical and chemical sunscreen is that physical sunscreens act as a barrier, reflecting and shielding from UVA and UVB rays rather than absorbing them. They also contain zinc oxide or titanium dioxide, making them a better sunscreen for those with sensitive skin, while also helping them to take effect much quicker than chemical sunscreen. Given this, and the fact they absorb UVA and UVB rays, many view it is as the best sunscreen.
Top 10 list of sunscreens in Spain (January 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their sunscreens. Which sunscreen is the best?
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best sunscreens, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a sunscreen test. Last Update: 2022/01/24.