Review10Best compares the best thermometers in Spain and selects the one by sucete as the best thermometer. In a thermometer buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different thermometers and see a recommendation on which thermometer to buy in Spain in 2021. By considering the top list of thermometers, you can find the best thermometers and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate thermometer buying guide
- View the thermometer picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
When it comes to the health of a loved one, you don’t want to take any risks, which is why it’s worth buying the best thermometer possible for anyone with a fever. A good thermometer offers accurate readings, allowing you to know the extent of a running temperature and whether you need to act.
However, with so many products to choose from, it’s not always easy to find a quality thermometer for reading you or a loved one’s temperature. Check the buying guide below for how to choose the best thermometer.
What are thermometers?
A medical thermometer is used to measure a person’s body temperature. The best thermometers are now made digitally, with mercury thermometers no longer being used due the inherent risks of accidental mercury poisoning.
The tip of a thermometer is inserted into the tongue, armpit, or the rectum to get an accurate reading of a body’s running temperature.
Why should you buy a good thermometer?
Anyone with a running temperature for more than a few days may have some medical issues, so it’s always worth owning a thermometer to determine the extent of a fever and how bad it is. Not all thermometers offer accurate readings however, so it’s important to buy the best thermometer to ensure you have correct information regarding the health of a loved one.
How to choose the right thermometer?
Choosing the right thermometer depends on quite a few things, from who it’s being used on to the features it provides. Here are some things to consider that will help you choose the right thermometer:
- Response Time: The quicker you get a result from a thermometer the better, as it’s often difficult to get a child to sit still for long when trying to read their temperature. The best thermometers offer a response time of around 10 seconders or lower.
- Testing Method: The tip of a thermometer is traditionally inserted under the tongue or ear, although most modern digital thermometers are inserted into the latter. There are other testing methods however, including under the armpit, in the rectum, and even non-contact thermometers (usually held close to the forehead). Be sure to buy a thermometer that is age-appropriate. For instance, children aged three and under should be tested via the rectum for an accurate reading, while children above three should be fine with an ear thermometer. Adults may use any method they prefer.
- Features: While the most important thing about a thermometer is getting an accurate temperature reading, it may also help to have a few extras thrown in too. For example, a curved tip may offer comfortable insertion (ideal for kids that struggle to have it inserted in their ear), while a beeper can alert you to high fevers.
What is the best kind of thermometer in Spain?
There are a few types of thermometer to choose from, any of which may be preferable for you or your children.
- Digital Stick Thermometers: The best all-round thermometer and one of the cheapest available, digital stick thermometers are a great choice for most people. Try to go for a model that offers an LCD display for easier readings, while features such as audio beeps are helpful for determining the right position of the thermometer or whether there is a high fever reading. Various tips are available too, including flexible and rigid.
- Infrared Thermometers: Infrared thermometers are better for getting quick readings, which may be useful for parents that struggle to get their kids to sit still. It works by using infrared to measure heat emitted from the body and is typically used in the ear or on the forehead, making them more comfortable to use in most instances. However, infrared thermometers are more expensive than digital sticks.
Top 10 list of thermometers in Spain (August 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their thermometers. Which thermometer is the best?
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best thermometers, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a thermometer test. Last Update: 2021/08/04.