Review10Best compares the best alarm clocks in Switzerland and nominates the one from Hama as the best alarm clock. In our alarm clocks review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different alarm clocks and follow our recommendation on which alarm clock to buy in Switzerland in 2019. With the alarm clock comparison, you can be sure to buy the best alarm clock on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate alarm clock buying guide
- View our alarm clock picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to alarm clocks
- Watch recommended videos about alarm clocks
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
While not a new concept, alarm clocks remain a very useful device for getting up at the right time of the day. There is certainly no lack of choices, with products offering all types of features and functions. So there are a few things to think about to find the best alarm clock for your house.
What are alarm clocks?
As the name suggests, an alarm clock is a combination of a clock and alarm system. The clock features a built-in alarm that is set in advance, which then goes off at the predetermined time to help wake someone up.
Why should you buy a good alarm clock?
The best alarm clocks on the market offer one very important feature: they’re effective at waking you up. While many opt to use alarms on their smartphones, these are often much easier to turn off and there’s a chance the battery dies overnight, making them nowhere near as effective as a good alarm clock. Whether you need to get up for work, school, or simply don’t want to sleep too late on your day off, an alarm clock is a fantastic tool for anyone living a busy life
How to choose the right alarm clock?
Everyone will have their own needs and preferences when looking for the best alarm clock possible, and there’s certainly no shortage of great choices out there. Consider some of the following to help choosing a great alarm clock:
- Digital or Analog: The two main choices for an alarm clock is a digital and analog. Digital features an LED display and tends to offer more features (such as snooze button, radio etc.) while analog features a classic clock with hands. Digital obviously comes with more features, but they can be quite off-putting at night time if the display is too bright, while some people don’t like the sound of ticking featured in many analog alarm clocks.
- Alarm Type: An alarm clock can have a few options for its alarm sound, with popular choices including beeping, ringing, or music/talking from the radio. Consider what type of alarm you are most likely to respond to, as it will make waking up much easier. For instance, music or people talking may be easier to wake up to than an abrupt beeping noise, although some find the latter to be more effective at waking them.
- Size: While the alarm is probably the important feature, you’ll still use the clock as well so be sure to select one of an appropriate size. Anything too small may difficult to read from certain distances, while anyone traveling frequently will certainly benefit more from a smaller sized alarm clock.
What is the best kind of alarm clock in Switzerland?
Unsure of what the best type of alarm clock is for your needs? Check out some of the most popular options out there and what they have to offer:
- Analog Alarm Clocks: An analog alarm clock comes with a classic clock design such as a clock face and hands, and is typically powered by a quartz crystal to keep track of the time. Usually battery powered, they are the best alarm clock in terms of reliability, being unlikely to break or cut out.
- Digital Alarm Clocks: Digital alarm clocks are perhaps the best-priced on the market and come with the most design options, with a huge range of shapes and sizes available. They are usually plugged into an electrical outlet and will feature a digital display such as LCD or LED screen. They are also very reliable and often come with many additional features not found on an analog clock such as the date, temperature, radio, snooze options, volume control etc.
Top 10 list of alarm clocks in Switzerland (September 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their alarm clocks rank and which alarm clock is the best.
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price converted (exchange rate: 1 EUR ≈ 1.14 CHF). Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/09/19 04:02 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Other reviews related to alarm clocks
Recommended Video about the best alarm clocks