Review10Best compares the best ballpoint pens in Switzerland and nominates the one from Faber-Castell as the best ballpoint pen. In our ballpoint pens review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different ballpoint pens and follow our recommendation on which ballpoint pen to buy in Switzerland in 2019. With the ballpoint pen comparison, you can be sure to buy the best ballpoint pen on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate ballpoint pen buying guide
- View our ballpoint pen picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about ballpoint pens
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The ballpoint pen is a quintessential piece of stationary. The world’s most used writing tool, millions of ballpoint pens are made and sold every day, so it’s safe to say everyone needs to buy them at some stage.
However, finding the best ballpoint pen isn’t always easy. Yes, you can just go for the cheapest option available, but this means just means you will have to replace them soon. Buying the best ballpoint pens can make life much easier and even improve handwriting, so it’s certainly worth buying quality products.
What are ballpoint pens?
The ballpoint pen is a type of pen where the ink is released over a metal ball point. Viewed as a vast improvement over fountain pens due to their reliability and affordable price, ballpoint pens are now the most used writing instrument in the world.
Why should you buy a good ballpoint pen?
The best ballpoint pens aren’t that expensive and can make writing so much easier. Their ink dries quickly so smudging is reduced, unlike with fountain or gel pens, while it’s a hassle-free product that doesn’t need to be refilled and can be easily replaced.
Simply put, anyone that needs to write something down in pen will be better served using a good ballpoint pen.
How to choose the right ballpoint pen?
Choosing the best ballpoint pen shouldn’t be too difficult once you know what to look for. Here are some things to consider when looking for a great ballpoint pen:
- Purpose: Knowing the main purpose of the pen makes it much easier to choose one. For example, if you’re using them for notetaking at work or school, then you may require a range of colours, while those using a pen in an outdoor workplace may require a more durable product that can handle being dropped.
- Style: Standard ballpoint pens feature a basic style which is more than fine for most uses. However, if you’re giving a pen as a gift or enjoy using a quality feeling pen, then you may prefer to choose a stylish high-end ballpoint pen.
- Comfort: Not all ballpoint pens are comfortable to use, which can become quite irritating for anyone that writes a lot. You want to get a ballpoint pen that isn’t too heavy or cumbersome to use, so be sure to look at the overall shape and size to determine how comfortable it is. There are even ergonomic pens designed for comfortable use.
What is the best kind of ballpoint pen in Switzerland?
There are a few types of ballpoint pens available, any of which you may find useful. Some of the most common types of ballpoint pen include:
- Disposable Ballpoint Pens: Designed to be used until the ink runs out, after which they are disposed of. One of the most widely available types of ballpoint pen, they are cheap and easy to use, although some are susceptible to leaking and breaking if not handled with enough care.
- Refillable Ballpoint Pens: As the name suggests, this type of ballpoint can be refilled with an ink reservoir, while some can replace the ballpoint as well. Tend to be found in high-end, designer style ballpoint pens.
- Rollerball Pen: Using the same basic mechanics as a ball point pen, the main difference with a rollerball is that the ink used is water-based rather than oil-based. They can offer a better flow when writing, but also can blot more when held against the surface for too long.
- Multi Ballpoint Pens: These types of pens have multiple functions, such as a selection of different colours or various ballpoint thicknesses, while some also things like highlighters or a stylus.
Top 10 list of ballpoint pens in Switzerland (August 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their ballpoint pens rank and which ballpoint pen is the best.
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price converted (exchange rate: 1 EUR ≈ 1.14 CHF). Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/08/21 04:21 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best ballpoint pens