Review10Best compares the best batteries in Switzerland and selects the one by Varta as the best battery. In a battery buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different batteries and see a recommendation on which battery to buy in Switzerland in 2022. By considering the top list of batteries, you can find the best batteries and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate battery buying guide
- View the battery picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to batteries
Buying the best batteries depends entirely what you need them for, as there are many types suitable for a variety of devices. Even with the increase in cheap rechargeable batteries, traditional disposable batteries still have countless uses in the home. Unsure of what batteries you need to buy? Then check out the buying guide below for how to choose the best battery for your needs.
What are batteries?
Batteries refer to any device that features one or more electrochemical cells with connections that provide power to a variety of electric devices. Most disposable batteries are either lithium or alkaline batteries, with each one using a chemical reaction to provide a charge, while rechargeable versions of these batteries are also widely available. Batteries also come in a variety of sizes, with different ones being suitable for certain devices.
Why should you buy a good battery?
Good batteries are always needed for certain electrical devices. For instance, most households have devices such as alarm clocks, remote controls, LED flashlights. So it always helps to have some batteries on hand for the various devices that require reliable batteries to operate.
How to choose the right battery?
Choosing the right battery requires a few considerations, so here are some things to think about when looking to buy good batteries:
- Type: There are several types of batteries available, with the two most common being alkaline and lithium. Alkaline is generally the cheapest but doesn’t last as long as lithium batteries do, which perform better but cost a good bit more. If you need a lot of batteries it may be a better idea to buy cheaper alkaline batteries. But if you want the best batteries in terms of battery life, then lithium is choice to go for.
- Size: Batteries come in various sizes, so be sure to get the ones that you require. AAA and AA are among the most common, with larger sizes including C, D, and 9V. Different devices use different sizes of batteries, so always make sure you get the right size for what you need - always check the device before you buy the batteries!
- Rechargeable: Not all disposable batteries need to be thrown out when they die, with rechargeable options available for both lithium and alkaline types. They are recharged using a battery charger that plugs into a mains power outlet, and while the initial cost is much higher than other batteries, it does end up saving money as you won’t need to buy more down the line.
What is the best kind of battery in Switzerland?
There are several types of batteries available to buy, any of which may be appropriate for your needs.
- Alkaline Batteries: The most widely available disposable battery sold, alkaline batteries use the reaction between zinc and manganese oxide to provide a charge. They are sold in most sizes from AAA to 9V and are generally the cheapest available. It’s important to note that not all alkaline batteries offer the same amount of power, with cheaper brand batteries typically lasting less time than reputable brands.
- Lithium Batteries: These are technically a variation of the alkaline battery with the addition of lithium. This makes them last longer than alkaline batteries, especially in devices that drain batteries at a quick pace, but some devices don’t necessarily benefit from lithium batteries over alkaline.
- Rechargeable Batteries: Both lithium and alkaline batteries have rechargeable variations that mean you don’t need to dispose of them once they are dead. Instead, they are charged using a special connector that plugs into a mains outlet, letting them fully recharge in a few hours. While more expensive, the initial outlay may end up saving money over time, especially if you go through high quantities of batteries.
Top 10 list of batteries in Switzerland (October 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their batteries. Which battery is the best?
- Suitable for fever thermometer, gaming mouse, keyboard, electronic robot, remote…
- Ideal for devices with high energy requirements, such as remote controlled toys,…
- 10 years shelf life, leak-proof, durable and certified according to international…
- To learn more about recycling disposable batteries, simply copy this link to your…
- Please note: these batteries are not rechargeable. Check out Amazon Basics Rechargeable…
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging and supported with Amazon Basics 1…
- Scope of delivery: VARTA Longlife Power Battery 9V 2-pack
- Suitable for smoke detectors, fire alarms, moisture meters, thermometers and other…
- Ideal for devices such as remote control, wall clock, alarm clock, flashlight, fever…
- Universal: Used in a variety of daily devices such as toys, alarm clock, smart locks,…
- The battery contains no toxic metals, such as mercury, cadmium and lead, which is…
- SAFE OPERATION: The leak-proof technology effectively prevents battery short circuit…
- Helpful Tips: Please do not use this power supply to power devices with a rated power…
- Safe and stable: no more worrying about power outages, because GRECELL portable power…
- Easy to charge with 3 options: (1) Grecell portable camping generator can be charged…
- Highest safety thanks to IEC certification.
- Performs excellently in devices that continuously require low power for a long period…
- High and reliable Intenso quality.
- Manufacturer: Varta
- Varta Industrial Alkaline Battery LR6 MignonAA
- Box contents: Varta Energy AA micro alkaline battery, pack of 24.
- Great value for money
- Quality: Made in Germany.
- Dimensions: 44, 5x10, 5
- Weight: 920 gr
- Battery Size: AAA / Micro
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best batteries, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a battery test. Last Update: 2022/10/06.
Other reviews related to batteries