Review10Best compares the best blood pressure monitors in Switzerland and nominates the one from Medisana AG as the best blood pressure monitor. In our blood pressure monitors review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different blood pressure monitors and follow our recommendation on which blood pressure monitor to buy in Switzerland in 2019. With the blood pressure monitor comparison, you can be sure to buy the best blood pressure monitor on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate blood pressure monitor buying guide
- View our blood pressure monitor picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about blood pressure monitors
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The best blood pressure monitor devices offer accurate readings of your blood pressure. High blood pressure is a serious health risk that may end up causing a heart attack or stroke, making it one of the deadlier conditions. So, it’s important to get a good quality blood pressure monitor to ensure you always get the most accurate results possible.
Check out the buying guide below for how to choose the best blood pressure monitor:
What are blood pressure monitors?
A blood pressure monitor, also known as a sphygmomanometer, is a device that measures the blood pressure of the wearer. Manual devices feature an inflatable arm cuff, dial, and pump, while digital devices use sensors and feature a digital display for reading date.
Why should you buy a good blood pressure monitor?
Many people require to monitor their blood pressure at home on the advice of their doctor, in which case a home blood pressure monitor is needed. However, you don’t need to be diagnosed with high blood pressure to benefit from using a blood pressure monitor at home. For instance, high blood pressure is known as the silent killer as it features very little symptoms, so the only way to check for this is to use a blood pressure monitor, making it a very useful device for monitoring your health at home.
How to choose the right blood pressure monitor?
Buying the best blood pressure monitor isnt’ always easy, espiecally if you are unfamiliar with how the devices work. Here are some things to look out for so that you can choose a good blood pressure monitor:
- Accuracy: This is the most important thing to look for when buying a blood pressure monitor, as you want as accurate a reading as possible, so you can clearly understand your current blood pressure levels. Arm monitors are usually the best for accuracy, as the arm is closer to heart height.
- Speed: The speed of a blood pressure monitor varies from each device, with some taking a just a few seconds while others take a minute or longer. If you find a blood pressure monitor uncomfortable to wear for long durations (which many do) be sure to check the speed of the monitor to ensure you get something quick. Wrist monitors are usually the quickest, so are the best choice if you want speedy readings.
- Data Averaging: People that need to monitor their blood pressure over longer periods may want to look for devices with data averaging functions. This allows the device to average out the most recent few readings for an accurate average of your blood pressure over time, which is needed by many doctors treating blood-pressure related ailments.
- Cuff Size: The inflated cuff of a blood pressure monitor is rather uncomfortable for some, so be sure to consider this when buying. It’s important to get a proper cuff size, as those that are too tight are very uncomfortable, and if it doesn’t fit properly it won’t provide an accurate reading, whether its too tight or too loose.
What is the best kind of blood pressure monitor in Switzerland?
There are a few options when it comes to types of blood pressure monitors, with each one offering their own pros and cons. Most modern blood pressure monitors are automatic for easier use, so it may be worth avoiding manual devices.
- Arm Blood Pressure Monitors: Worn at the top of the arm, arm monitors automatically inflate and take a reading of your blood pressure. They work at various speeds and tend to be the most accurate device, so many view them as the best blood pressure monitor because of this. They often come with additional features such as downloaded data and data averaging.
- Wrist Blood Pressure Monitors: Much smaller and lighter than arm monitors, wrist blood pressure monitors are very convenient although not as accurate as arm monitors. Their compact size makes them suitable for travel.
Top 10 list of blood pressure monitors in Switzerland (February 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their blood pressure monitors rank and which blood pressure monitor is the best.
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price converted (exchange rate: 1 EUR ≈ 1.14 CHF). Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/02/20 06:14 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best blood pressure monitors