Review10Best compares the best chainsaws in Switzerland and selects the one by Greencut as the best chainsaw. In a chainsaw buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different chainsaws and see a recommendation on which chainsaw to buy in Switzerland in 2022. By considering the top list of chainsaws, you can find the best chainsaws and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate chainsaw buying guide
- View the chainsaw picks and see how they rank in the top list
The best chainsaw makes all those hard sawing tasks quick and easy yet choosing the right chainsaw can be difficult if you don’t know what to look for. To make the process easier, be sure to check out the handy buying guide below, it has all the information that you need to find the best chainsaws for your needs!
What are chainsaws?
A chainsaw is a type of mechanical saw consisting a row of cutting teeth attached to a chain. The chain runs along a guide bar at high speeds, providing exceptional cutting power for tasks where a manual saw doesn’t cut it. While shapes and sizes vary, chainsaws are designed for portable use, making them very convenient for various tasks.
Why should you buy a good chainsaw?
When you need a good saw through tough materials, such as cutting a tree down or splitting firewood, a chainsaw is a great option. It offers unrivalled cutting power so can be used for all kinds of outdoor maintenance like trimming tree branches, while you can use it for DIY projects with hard materials that need cutting.
How to choose the right chainsaw?
Here are some things to look out for when you are looking for the best chainsaw:
- Power: Chainsaws can be powered by either petrol or electric batteries, each one offering its own benefits. Petrol chainsaws are much more powerful but also heavier and more cumbersome to operate, making them suitable for heavy-duty tasks like cutting down a tree. Cordless chainsaws are lightweight but have limited power, making them better suited to lighter tasks like cutting small trees and pruning.
- Usability: Check the weight of the chainsaw before you buy it as some can be very heavy and difficult to operate for sustained periods. Also, the vibrations they produce can cause fatigue in the hands, so look for a low vibration chainsaw for something more user-friendly. For example, electric types are good for this.
- Safety: Chainsaws are incredibly dangerous to use, so always make sure you choose something with suitable safety features like a chain brake and chain catcher. Also, you need to wear safety gear when operating the saw, so don’t forget protective gear like a hard helmet, goggles, chainsaw gloves etc.
What is the best kind of chainsaw in Switzerland?
There are several types of chainsaws available, any of which may be suitable for your needs. These include:
- Petrol Chainsaws: These chainsaws are powered by a two-stroke engine, making them unquestionably the most powerful type available. If you need the chainsaw for heavy-duty tasks this is the one to choose, just bear in mind it will be heavier to operate and produce lots of vibrations. The engine will require maintenance over time too.
- Cordless Chainsaws: This variant use lithium batteries for cordless operation. They are lightweight so suited for less arduous sawing like smaller trees and general pruning. You may want a spare battery to increase the runtime, which can be limited.
- Corded Chainsaws: They are powered by electricity but have a bit more cutting power than their cordless counterparts, so they can do some heavier cutting although are still less powerful than a petrol chainsaw. The cord can restrict manoeuvrability, however.
Top 10 list of chainsaws in Switzerland (July 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their chainsaws. Which chainsaw is the best?
- Fuel Type: 95 it contains no lead and oil 2-stroke
- Petrol Tank: 550 ml
- 'Blade Length: 20 (51 cm)
- Box contents: 1 x McCulloch petrol chainsaw CS 35S (item no. 00096-76.247.14)
- More efficient and longer: the anti-vibration system minimises vibration and allows…
- Safe gardening: with strong residue, the double effective chain brake is automatically…
- The robust construction ensures safe guidance during slaughter and degradation work…
- Of course, safety is very important. When you press the handle, the chain brake is…
- Thanks to the self-throttle and the primer, the engine of the Einhell petrol chain…
- Metal teeth.
- Adjustable oil pump, disables when idle.
- Catalytic converter for reduced exhaust pollution.
- 3 x chain and 2 x blade included.
- - pull start - cut length 38cm, guide rail: 1.5 mm - 64 teeth - vibrations (m/s2):…
- Fuel tank - lubricating oil tank - Gear wheel: 7T/0.325 - Net weight with blade:…
- Stihl MS 180 – 40 cm blade
- Integrated fuel gauge
- System brake/chain brake stops the chain within a few milliseconds on kickback
- Automatic chain lubrication
- The robust claw stop ensures safe guidance during felling and cutting work and serves…
- Safety is of course also very important. When pressure on the hand guard, the chain…
- Thanks to the car choke and the primer, the engine of the petrol chainsaw from Einhell…
- Hecht quality – use Hecht quality for chainsaws, electric saws, hedge trimmers,…
- Comfortable and comfortable - Easy and reliable start of the chainsaws in the test,…
- Safety – Quick-reacting check brake and cut protection ensure high safety with…
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best chainsaws, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a chainsaw test. Last Update: 2022/07/04.