Review10Best compares the best coffee makers in Switzerland and nominates the one by Philips as the best coffee maker. In our coffee makers review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different coffee makers and follow our recommendation on which coffee maker to buy in Switzerland in 2019. With the coffee maker comparison, you can be sure to buy the best coffee maker on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate coffee maker buying guide
- View our coffee maker picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about coffee makers
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Finding the best coffee maker for your personal needs takes a bit of research, especially considering how many options are available! There is simply a huge selection of coffee makers available, all of which us a variety of methods to produce the coffee.
Of course, personal taste will play a large role in this, as everyone as their own preferences when it comes to that perfect cup of coffee. So, to be sure you find the best coffee machine to suit your own tastes, it is worth knowing the differences between each type of coffee machines and how they brew the coffee.
What are coffee makers?
While many differences exist between coffee makers, they all share the common function of producing a coffee beverage from coffee beans – although some beans must be ground prior to this. Now, different types of machines will take different styles of coffee grounds, ranging from pre-ground coffee to whole beans, while others use compact coffee pods. Fundamentally, coffee makers all work in the same way – hot water combines with coffee beans to produce a hot coffee beverage. Different machines use different processes and materials to achieve this however.
Why should you buy a good coffee maker?
If you enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning and throughout the day, then a coffee maker is a great piece of hardware to own. The best coffee makers can produce a cup of high quality coffee not unlike those found in a coffee shop, and even low-entry coffee makers can produce a great-tasting beverage.
How to choose the right coffee maker?
As there is a massive range of great coffee machines available, finding the best one for you can take some time. There are many factors that may impact your decision, from the quality of the coffee produced to the price of the coffee maker.
The following are well worth considering when looking for a good coffee maker:
- Usability: Not all coffee makers are easy to use, so if you want something that will produce a good cup of coffee without fuss, you may want to avoid barista-style coffee maker. Pod or filter coffee makers are typically the best in terms of usability, requiring very little effort to produce a nice drink.
- Price: The price between coffee makers can be quite large, so be sure to take this into consideration. The highest quality machines can cost several thousands, while entry level machines are available at bargain prices. Prices of coffee makers often impact the overall quality of the coffee produced however. For instance, a cheap filter coffee maker will produce a good cup of standard coffee, whereas a ground coffee maker can produce an exceptional espresso.
- Accessories: Not all coffee makers can produce the same type of drink. For example, espresso and bean-to-cup machines tend to come with accessories for making different styles of coffee, typically a steamer to produce coffees with warm milk such as a cappuccino.
What is the best kind of coffee maker in Switzerland?
Finding the best coffee maker for your needs should be easier if you know the most common types of machines on the market. Each has their own merits and will produce great coffee, so a machine will often go down to personal preferences and things like your budget.
- Filter Coffee Maker: These are the best coffee maker for producing large amounts of fresh coffee. Ground coffee is combined with how water, slowly brewing through a paper filter to fill a pot below. Also, one of the more affordable options, so will be a great coffee maker for anyone on a tight budget.
- Pod/Capsule Coffee Maker: In terms of usability and quickness, this is certainly a great coffee type machine. Disposal pods are placed into the machine, which is then roasted and blended with water to produce the drink. An amazingly convienent coffee maker that is also quite affordable.
- Bean-to-cup Coffee Maker: In terms of quality coffee, there aren’t much better suited for the job than this coffee maker. Whole coffee beans are used to produce a very high-quality brew of coffee straight to the cup, with the beans being ground there and then for additional freshness. These coffee machines are best for the more enthusiastic coffee drinker.
- Espresso Coffee Maker: Easily the best coffee maker available, an espresso machine will produce high quality coffee like those sold in a coffeeshop. They are more high-end machinery however, featuring a water pressure tank, steamer, and a host of other connections and settings that allows you to make an amazing cup of coffee. However, they are the most expensive coffee maker on the market, so are best left for coffee aficionados.
Top 10 list of coffee makers in Switzerland (October 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their coffee makers rank and which coffee maker is the best.
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price converted (exchange rate: 1 EUR ≈ 1.1 CHF). Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/10/22 03:46 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best coffee makers