Review10Best compares the best dog clippers in Switzerland and nominates the one from Moser as the best dog clipper. In our dog clippers review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different dog clippers and follow our recommendation on which dog clipper to buy in Switzerland in 2019. With the dog clipper comparison, you can be sure to buy the best dog clipper on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate dog clipper buying guide
- View our dog clipper picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about dog clippers
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
If you are planning on grooming your pet at home it is important to buy the best dog clipper. As a product that saves you from having to constantly pay for grooming services, there are many reasons to invest in a good dog clipper set for your dog. However, not every dog requires the same level of grooming, so finding the best dog clippers for your pet is important to ensure you don’t remove too much hair or cause them discomfort. Take a look at this helpful buying guide for all the information you need to know in order to get a great set of dog clippers.
What are dog clippers?
Dog clippers are a cutting tool used to groom dogs. Much like hair clippers for people, they are electrical devices that feature various sizes of blades along with clip-on guides for cutting at different lengths. The cutting blades of good dog clippers can be changed depending on the model, while they will come with several clip-on guides that can be used interchangeably.
Why should you buy a good dog clipper?
Dog clippers offer an easy and affordable way to maintain your dog’s coat. While certain breeds should never be shaved there are many other dogs that require regular grooming to keep their hair a suitable length. For instance, you may want to do some minor maintenance such as tidying the hair around the feet or for just shorting sections of their coat that get overgrown. Others prefer to use a good set of dog clippers for maintainin their dog’s show coat between professional grooming appointments. So there are plenty of reasons why a set of dog clippers is worth picking up.
How to choose the right dog clipper?
Choosing the best dog clippers isn’t a case of picking the first set you see. There is a lot to take into consideration to ensure you get the best clipper for your dog and the desired outcome, so be sure to think about the following points when looking for dog clippers:
- Usage: Knowing how you intend to use the clippers should help find you find the most suitable clipper for your needs. For instance, those that want to do just minor trimming around the feet and dealing with stray hairs don’t need to grab an expensive set of clippers, as lightweight clipper models should be up to the task. When it comes to more complex cuts throughout their coat, you will need dog clippers with different clip-on guides and interchangeable blades to help to get the different types of cut.
- Coat Type: The type of coat your dog has will determine what dog clipper is the best choice. For example, dogs with thin coats only need lightweight clippers, whereas those with medium to heavy coats need a more robust type of clipper with more power, blades and clip-ons.
- Speed Setting: Anyone that plans on using their dog clippers frequently, or on several dogs, will want a set with several speed settings. Those that need them for minor maintenance can probably do without such a feature, but it’s very useful for anyone that needs flexibility when cutting.
- Blade Size: Dog clippers come with many different lengths of the blade, so you should have an idea of what you size is best for your dog’s coat. The general rule is the lower the number of the blade, the more hair it removes.
- Noise: Some dogs can be quite skittish when they hear unusual noises, in which case the best dog clipper to go for is one that makes very little noise. The last thing you want to do is scare your dog when trying to groom them, so consider this if your dog is sensitive to noise or quite fearful in general.
What is the best kind of dog clipper in Switzerland?
Looking for the best type of dog clippers for your pet? The following are the most widely available types, each being suited for certain dogs and grooming intentions:
- Lightweight Dog Clippers: Small and lightweight, these are the best dog clippers for minor maintenance, typically removing hair around the paws and any stray hairs present on their coat. They are also the most affordable option but tend to lack the features and functions needed for more complex cuts.
- Heavy Duty Dog Clippers: The best dog clippers for anyone that plans on doing more precise grooming, heavy duty clippers usually have all the features needed for a professional cut. They usually feature interchangeable blades, more than one speed setting, and several clip-on guides for creating different styles and finishes.
Top 10 list of dog clippers in Switzerland (July 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their dog clippers rank and which dog clipper is the best.
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price converted (exchange rate: 1 EUR ≈ 1.14 CHF). Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/07/21 01:50 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best dog clippers