Review10Best compares the best dog leashes in Switzerland and nominates the one from flexi - Bogdahn International GmbH & Co. KG as the best dog leash. In our dog leashes review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different dog leashes and follow our recommendation on which dog leash to buy in Switzerland in 2019. With the dog leash comparison, you can be sure to buy the best dog leash on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate dog leash buying guide
- View our dog leash picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about dog leashes
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The best dog leash for your pet is likely to change throughout their life. Puppies require different leashes from adult dogs, while certain leashes may only be necessary for training purposes. This makes finding the best dog leash quite overwhelming, as there is a wide range of leashes to choose from, all of which may or may not be suitable for your pet. For those seeking a great dog leash for their pet dog, be sure to check out this helpful buying guide for all the information you need:
What are dog leashes?
A dog leash, also known as a dog lead, is a piece of material that attaches to a dog in order to control them. It can be attached to a dog in a few ways, although most tend to clip onto a dog collar or dog harness, helping to provide control over the dog’s movements and restrain them when necessary. Dog leashes come in many different materials and there are many styles to choose from too, while some come with additional functions such as being retractable.
Why should you buy a good dog leash?
The dog leash is perhaps the most important training tool a dog owner has. Leash training is vitally important for puppies, as it allows you to teach them how to properly act and react when you are out walking them on a leash. Simply put, if you don’t leash train your dog, expect it to be very unresponsive to your commands when walking, pulling and yanking at their leash. This is frustrating for both the dog and owner, highlighting the importance of using the best dog leashes available to train your pet accordingly.
Of course, leash trained dogs don’t require further basic training – they just need a leash for walking! Dog leashes are important for controlling your dog when out on a walk, whether its stopping them from approaching another dog and people or always keeping them nearby and safe from possible road accidents.
How to choose the right dog leash?
Not all dogs require the same leash. There are quite a few things that should be taken into consideration for anyone looking for the best dog leash for their pet:
- Materials: The better quality the material, the longer the dog leash will last, not to mention being harder for your dog to chew! For instance, nylon is a great choice as it is cheap yet strong and available in many colors, while leathers are more stylish but a less strong type of leash.
- Length: The best dog leashes aren’t necessarily the longest. Granted a long leash provides more freedom for your dog to wander, but this might not be appropriate if they are prone to running at other animals or people. So, a shorter length of leash may be better for controlling dogs in busier locations, while longer leashes are better suited for calmer dogs and any that require leash training.
- Clip: A good dog leash usually has a very strong and sturdy clip for attaching it to a collar, which is a great way to ensure your dog won’t be breaking free anytime soon. Dog leashes with metal clips are usually better in this regard, but be sure to avoid materials that easily rust.
What is the best kind of dog leash in Switzerland?
See this list of the best dog leashes for the most common types of dog leashes available:
- Standard Dog Leash: The most popular and widely used dog leash, they tend to be made from nylon or leather. They are great for walking or basic leash training and available in many sizes.
- Retractable Dog Leash: This dog leash can be retracted to various lengths at the push of a button, allowing you to make it as long or short as you need it to be. They are also usually much longer than a standard leash. Given their design, they might not be the best for leash training as they can encourage pulling.
- Adjustable Dog Leash: A mid-way point between standard and retractable dog leashes, adjustable leashes can be changed to a few set lengths. However, these are set before you place it on the dog, so they don’t change as you walk like with a retractable leash. Also, it is a great dog leash for training as they can be adjusted for more freedom.
- Chain Dog Leash: Made from metal chains, this is probably the best dog leash in terms of durability, as it’s impossible to chew through. Thus it is fantastic for dogs with a tendency to chew their leash. Just be mindful that some dogs will continue to chew at a chain leash, so could end up damaging their teeth!
Top 10 list of dog leashes in Switzerland (June 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their dog leashes rank and which dog leash is the best.
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price converted (exchange rate: 1 EUR ≈ 1.14 CHF). Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/06/16 01:27 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best dog leashes