Best eReader Switzerland
Which is the best eReader 2023?VIEW OFFER
The 10 best eReaders to buy in Switzerland
The top 10 list of the best eReaders lists various brands and prices
Review10Best compares the best eReaders in Switzerland and selects the one by PocketBook as the best eReader. In a eReader buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different eReaders and see a recommendation on which eReader to buy in Switzerland in 2023. By considering the top list of eReaders, you can find the best eReaders and save time shopping online.
Best eReaders: A complete buying guide
All you need to know before buying a great eReader
The best eReaders store thousands of books for your reading pleasure, while others also come with additional features such as the ability to use applications. This makes buying an eBook Reader a great investment for book-lovers and tech geeks alike, offering endless hours of entertainment for a very reasonable outlay. Check the buying guide below for how to choose the best eBook Reader!
What are eReaders?
An eReader, often called an eBook reader, is an electronic device that allows books, magazines, newspapers, and other printed mediums to be read in digital format. The screen of an eReader is designed to closely mimic that of a printed page, although this often varies depending on the device. For instance, a dedicated eReader such as the Amazon Kindle aim to replicate the feel and look of a physical book, whereas tablet devices with an eReader application tend to appear more as a computer screen, making it more susceptible to glare due to the type of glass used. Even with a good anti-glare screen protection the reading experience is different.
Why should you buy a good eReader?
A good eReader device doesn’t cost much, and the initial investment often pays for itself over the long term. This is because it’s generally much cheaper to buy an eBook for an eReader compared to buying a physical book, so if you read lots of books this can save a fair amount of money over time. Especially tech books are available with huge discounts, such as popular project management books or best-selling books about linux. Also, the best eReaders store thousands of books, meaning you have access to a huge library of literature on a single device, which is very convenient. eReaders are also excellent for commuting, with most being compact and lightweight devices that are easy to use on the go.
How to choose the right eReader?
Choosing a great eReader is typically down the individual needs, as not everyone requires the same type of device. So, it helps to consider a few things before you buy an eReader to ensure you get a suitable device.
- Backlight: Older eBook Readers didn’t have the best backlight technology, which made it quite difficult to read in certain conditions. Most newer devices now feature decent backlights, although this isn’t a given. Most people enjoying reading at night time, often before going to bed, so if this is the case for you it’s a good idea to get an eReader with a good backlight.
- Screen Size: Dedicated eReader devices usually have smaller screens compared to tablets, so think about how big you want the screen to be. Many people prefer as large a screen as possible for reading eBooks, in which case a tablet device is going to be the better choice than a dedicated eReader. While smaller in size, there are dedicated eReaders with large screens, although this will cost more.
- Battery Life: The best eReader devices have long-lasting batteries, which is certainly a feature to look out for if using it on the go. Remember, tablet devices use a variety of other applications beyond an eReader, so this will drain the battery quicker than a dedicated eReader, which have quite an impressive battery life.
- Compatibility: eBooks are published in various formats, so it’s important to get an eReader with suitable compatibility. For instance, ePub is the most widely used eBook format, so a good eReader should be compatible with this type of file. However, Kindle devices use their own unique format known as AZW, so if you buy this type of device you will only be able to use eBooks from Amazon. There are several other dedicated formats, so always check which formats are compatible with the device you’re considering buying.
What is the best kind of eReader in Switzerland?
There are a few popular types of eReader available, any of which may be ideal for your needs.
- Dedicated eReader: A dedicated eReader is the best device for reading eBooks, offering exceptional reading quality, good lighting, and huge catalogs of books to read. They differ from tablet devices in that they use E-ink technology. E-ink technology creates a screen that closely resembles the page of a book. It only uses black, white, and shades of grey, resulting in very clear and readable text. These devices look and feel more like a real book, being lightweight and possible to read in direct sunlight without any glade.
- Tablet eReader: Most tablet and the latest smartphone devices are capable of converting into an eReader, so if you’re looking for a more versatile device along with your eReader, it may be worth buying a tablet. These devices use various applications and can be used to read magazines and newspapers that feature images, audio, and video. While more versatile, a tablet will cost a significant amount more than a dedicated reader and is going to be heavier and less compact, although the screens are much bigger.
Top 10 list of eReaders in Switzerland (March 2023)
The bestseller list compares brands and their eReaders. Which eReader is the best?
- What components are included in the scope of the product: quick start guide (English…
- Start gift after registration in the content shop
- Full support of ONLEIHE public libraries
- Powerful dual-core processor and 1 GB RAM for smooth page turning
- Convenient access to digital content in your public library via integrated online…
- Supports 19 popular book, 6 audio and 4 image formats without conversion
- Uncompromised reading enjoyment even in the bath, by the pool or on the beach thanks…
- Sufficient 16 GB memory capacity with position sensor for convenient landscape r…
- 18 popular books, four picture and two audio formats (mp3 and m4b) are supported…
- Tolino Shine 3
- A professional audio book player rounds off the functionality of the e-reader. Audio…
- The InkPad colour makes your reading world colourful
- Audio books, music and text-to-speech via Bluetooth and USB audio
- Read and write for longer: a single charge via USB C gives you months of battery…
- A world class library, more beautiful than ever: take notes within millions of books,…
- Read and write comfortably, day or night: whether immersing yourself in a non-fiction…
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best eReaders, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a eReader test. Last Update: 2023/03/30. *Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping - Price may vary. Price converted (exchange rate: 1 EUR ≈ 0.98 CHF).