Review10Best compares the best food steamers in Switzerland and selects the one by Russell Hobbs as the best food steamer. In a food steamer buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different food steamers and see a recommendation on which food steamer to buy in Switzerland in 2022. By considering the top list of food steamers, you can find the best food steamers and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate food steamer buying guide
- View the food steamer picks and see how they rank in the top list
Finding the best food steamer results in fresh tasting and nutritionally packed food for your meals, making it a great investment for most kitchens. However, choosing the right food steamer can be difficult, if you don’t know what to look for. So check out this handy buying guide for the info you need to know:
What are food steamers?
A food steamer is a kitchen appliance used to steam cook food. It includes a multi-tiered container where you can place various types of foods, which are then cooked by a constant supply of steam generated from the bottom unit. The food is enclosed to contain all the steam, resulting in quick and efficient steam cooking.
Why should you buy a good food steamer?
The best food steamers are convenient and versatile. They can be used to quickly steam all kinds of foods, perhaps working best for steaming vegetables. This method of cooking vegetables helps to retain flavour, texture, and nutritional value, with very little effort required by the user.
Moreover, the steamer can be used to prepare rice, meat, pasta, fish, and even boiling an egg! Plus, because everything is done in a self-contained unit, there’s less cleaning up to do.
How to choose the right food steamer?
Unsure of what to look for in a good steamer? Here are a few things to think about to help you find the best food steamer:
- Material: Food steamers are available in various materials including bamboo, steel, aluminium, and plastic. While it won’t impact the overall functionality of the steamer, the material will determine the price and how easy it is to clean. Plus, some materials will better match the decor of your kitchen.
- Size: Think about what size of food steamer is best-suited for your needs. The container size can vary significantly, with some holding just a few portions of food and others that can hold much more. Consider how many people you are cooking for at any given meal, with larger models better for families or people doing lots of meal preparation.
- Features: There are certain additional features you may find useful in a food steamer. For example, a digital timer is a great way to ensure you don’t overcook anything, while many come with preprogrammed settings for convenient steaming of different foods. The best food steamers come with interchangeable containers for different food types, such as a rice bowl or a roasting rack.
What is the best kind of food steamer in Switzerland?
There are several types of great food steamers available including:
- Bamboo Steamers: This is a specialist food steamer designed to steam cook dumplings but it can also double as a traditional tiered food steamer. Made from bamboo wood, it consists of several baskets stacked on top of each other and is placed over a pot of boiling water to steam cook food.
- Metal Steamers: This is a classic type of steamer that is placed on top of an induction hob, working like a large cooking pot. Inside the pot are several tiers for placing different food, with water being added to the base and then heated to produce steam. They are usually made from aluminium or steel.
- Electric Steamer: Electric steamers are the most common type of steamer. Just add some water and plug in the device, with steam rising into a multi-tiered container above to cook the food. These food steamers are very affordable, simple to use, and can come with various extra features.
Top 10 list of food steamers in Switzerland (December 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their food steamers. Which food steamer is the best?
- Drip tray for collection of waste water.
- Bell to signal end of cooking cycle.
- 1 litre rice bowl & egg holders in baskets. 60 minute timer with auto switch…
- 1000 Watts
- 3/bps 100% BPA free and dishwasher safe steamer tray (10.5 litre capacity) and rice…
- Development of Turbo steam ring for quick steam, external water filler spout for…
- 37 automatic recipes
- Crisp – Pizza function
- Crispfry – chips just like the hot air chip pan
- Child proof: To prevent children from accidentally turning on or changing settings,…
- softMove: relaxed operation of the built-in steamer without pressing and pulling.…
- TFT display: the steamer display consists of buttons, touch panels and a control…
- EASY STORAGE: Space saving storage system with stackable containers that stand on…
- LONG INDIVIDUAL RUNNING TIME - Tackle any challenge when steaming for up to 45 minutes…
- Long-lasting performance: robust material and durable design, with stainless steel…
- Contents: Tefal VC1451 convenient series steamer, 2 containers, lid, removable insert,…
- Compact, space-saving storage, durable stainless steel
- Easy to refill during cooking, steamer with visible water level
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best food steamers, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a food steamer test. Last Update: 2022/12/08.