Review10Best compares the best headlamps in Switzerland and nominates the one by Zweibrüder as the best headlamp. In our headlamps review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different headlamps and follow our recommendation on which headlamp to buy in Switzerland in 2019. With the headlamp comparison, you can be sure to buy the best headlamp on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate headlamp buying guide
- View our headlamp picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about headlamps
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
A good headlamp makes outdoor exploration much easier, making it a worthwhile investment for anyone that loves the great outdoors. Offering hands free lighting, a headlamp also has uses beyond camping and hiking, so it’s always worth buying one of these versatile lights.
Check out the buying guide below for how to choose the best headlamp:
What are headlamps?
A headlamp is a portable light worn on the head. While designs vary, most headlamps are attached using one or two straps, allowing it to be worn on a bare head or with a hat, helmet or other form of headwear.
Why should you buy a good headlamp?
The best headlamps offer exceptional lighting with the convenience of being hands-free. This is handy in many situations, most notable for outdoor excursions such as camping or hiking, allowing the users to see in dark conditions while still being able to use their hands freely.
Furthermore, good headlamps provide powerful beams that make finding something in the dark much easier, regardless of where you might be. For instance, if you buy a headlamp for camping, you can still use it around the house should there be a power outage.
How to choose the right headlamp?
Choosing the best headlamp isn’t always easy if you’re unsure of what to look for. Here are some things to consider when choosing a headlamp:
- Brightness: When looking at a headlamp, brightness is the first thing to check. Measured in lumens, the higher the lumen count the brighter the bulb and headlamp are. It’s easy to assume that the best headlamps are those with the highest lumens, but this isn’t always the case. For instance, higher lumens drain a battery much quicker and increase the price of the headlamp, and there is a chance that it’s too powerful to be of any use too.
- Beam Distance: A bright headlamp doesn’t always equate to a long light beam, so consider the beam distance you require before buying. Those hiking at night will certainly want a headlamp with a good beam distance for seeing further afield as they walk, in which case halogen headlamps are the best choice. Those using the headlamp for camping may be fine with a LED or incandescent headlamp, which don’t carry beams as far but offer a brighter light over short distances.
- Battery: Headlamps use different types of batteries so make sure you identify this to make sure its suitable for your needs. For example, many headlamps use disposable alkaline batteries. These are certainly cheaper, but you run the risk of running out batteries without a replacement on hand. Lithium-ion batteries will significantly increase the price of a headlamp but are rechargeable, so may end up saving you more over the long term.
What is the best kind of headlamp in Switzerland?
There are a few options when it comes to types of headlamps, most of which relate to the type of bulb they use.
- LED Headlamp: The most common types of headlamps feature LED bulbs. This type of bulb doesn’t overheat, uses the lowest amount of power, and provides a very bright light. However, the light does take on a blue hue and the beam distance is often poor.
- Halogen Headlamp: A halogen headlamp is the best choice for beam distance, providing one of the strongest and brightest beams of any headlamp. One drawback is the fact that bulbs quickly heat up, which may be uncomfortable to wear, and makes them more likely to catch fire - handle with care!
- Incandescent Headlamp: An incandescent headlamp is one of the most affordable options available. While offering a very reliable, bright light, they do tend to drain batteries the quickest. Furthermore, the beam strength isn’t the best, meaning the spotlight is often poor and difficult to use for certain tasks.
Top 10 list of headlamps in Switzerland (October 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their headlamps rank and which headlamp is the best.
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price converted (exchange rate: 1 EUR ≈ 1.1 CHF). Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/10/22 14:07 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best headlamps